Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

@kleinhound, this looks doable.

And then I read that it’s 3 min AMRAP x 5 with only 1 minute of rest between rounds.

https://wodwell.com/wod/the-chief/

Training

LIMBER 11 WARM UP

SIDE PLANK + ABDUCTION
2 x 10 ea

LYING LEG CURL
80 x 15 x 2
superset with
STANDING CALF MACHINE (NEW TOY!)
150 x 15 + 20-30 sec stretch x 2

INCLINE BENCH 1.5 REPS
115 x 10, 10, 6

CABLE ROW 21s
140 x 8F/8T/8B
140 x 10F/6T/6B

REV CABLE Fly 21s
20 x 10F/10T/10B x 2

LATERAL CABLE CURL
20 x 30, 20 ea

CABLE Kickback 350 SET
30 ea x 25, 15, 12

AIR RUNNER (NEW TOY!)
Walk, jog 2:30, then run 30 sec, walk 2 min x 4 rounds. 12:30, 0.86 miles.

The Air Runner is freaking awesome! It’s so well cushioned that there’s not much impact. I feel great. My legs are smoked from yesterday so I couldn’t go very long but it felt awesome.

5 Likes

You’re a closet bodybuilder - knew it!

3 Likes

There’s a reason I haven’t reached my strength goals. I’d guess 85% of my training was bodybuilding focused (but not eating enough to grow) up until late 2016.

Training for looks allows me to have more variety but it also prevents me from following a good progression on any specific lift.

Once I’m capable I’ll probably do cleans and deadlifts for strength but just about everything else will be for looks. The gym has a new hack squat machine (at least that’s what an employee called it). I’ll probably give it a shot soon.

s-l300

And here’s the Air Runner I used today.

3 Likes

Nice workout J, those air runners are becomming very popular.
I haven’t tried them but they should be great.

They feel great. I think that one retails for $5000. :disappointed:

1 Like

buy two :slight_smile:

The air runner looks awesome.

I like that machine. It’s not really a hack squat - to me, it more closely mimics a squat. I think the distinction is somewhat important because it changes how you set up your hips and back

That’s what I thought but it’s called the Hack Squat on their site. I like it. I never liked hack squats. It might be in my best interest to use that machine instead of going back to barbell squats.

2 Likes

Woke at 240.2 lbs. I had some less than healthy foods last night but I don’t think I did too bad. I didn’t have a lot of food overall yesterday so I’m sure I’ll be fine in a day or two. It’s not like it matters. I’m trying to lose a few lbs prior to January 1 but I’m not holding back on the holiday treats. Sunday I’ll be having Christmas at my grandparents’ house. Monday I’ll be going to my parents’ house. And Tuesday is Christmas with the in-laws. That one is an all day affair. I’ll try to do some damage control but I wouldn’t be surprised to see 245 on the scale by Wednesday.

Yeah I’ve just enjoyed the holiday and on non celaboratoy days I cut back some. When I’m with family or friends I enjoy the moments and just eat.

2 Likes

I’m just going to eat :blush: 200 here I come

1 Like

There’s no point in restricting myself now. It’s supposed to be a season of joy and ,by golly, I get joy out of eating desserts!

3 Likes

This :slight_smile: I love it.

1 Like

Good morning, all! I woke up at 238.4 lbs which makes me happy. I somehow managed to recover from the salt bloat from Wednesday night and I still ate some bad food at work yesterday. There is a box full of cookies (probably 25 individual baggies with 6 cookies each), a plate of brownies, a plate of fudge, a plastic container of store bought sugar cookies, and then someone brought in treats from The Nifty Nut House (boxes of chocolate covered peanuts). I had two cookies, two caramel truffles, and about 10 chocolate covered peanuts. I guess in hindsight that’s not too bad.

My best advocate for not binging is germs. This stuff has sat out in our squad room all day and been finger f*cked by everyone who walks by. I was first into the chocolate covered peanuts but other than that I’ve only eaten stuff that was packaged separately. Ain’t nobody got time for violent stomach illness and I hear that’s already been going around this year. My son threw up Monday night and had one bout of diarrhea Tuesday morning. My wife felt nauseous Wednesday night and yesterday morning. The virus is near…

4 Likes

Well, tonight did not go according to plan. I intended to go to the Y after work, but I ended up showing my new rental property to a possible tenant. That didn’t take long but then I talked to the neighbor next door and across the street. The guy across the street rents his place out on Air B&B. He rents each room individually and it’s by the night. By using the Air B&B site/app, it charges him $1 per night for each guest. He said he’s making around $1000 a month and my place is much nicer than his (it should be; I just rebuilt the damn thing). If this tenant doesn’t come through then that’s an option for easy money and the company has insurance to cover damages caused by guests.

I thought about working out at home but my wife made some store bought pizza and I ate it. There’s no way I’m working out with pepperoni pizza in my stomach—at least not the way I’ve been training lately. Maybe I’ll be able to do something tomorrow night. I enjoyed Wednesday’s session of just lifting weights and doing a bit of cardio at the end. I could do something like that again with a short barbell complex or WOD at the end. I need to stop killing myself and just get a good workout. I was smoked from doing Cindy Monday and Barbara on Tuesday. When I have a chance to train on back to back days I need to make sure one workout doesn’t hurt the next. I’m off work Sunday so I’ll probably train again Sunday around mid morning or noon. I’ll also train Monday since Tuesday is Christmas. That could be three days in a row so there’s no need to kill myself tomorrow night.

Ah, well… I’m rambling.

4 Likes

Lol I find myself doing that a lot. Especially at the end of a hard day

1 Like

I couldn’t get my brain to turn off last night and it cost me two hours of sleep. I woke up at 3am for no reason.

Woke at 236.8 lbs and all I ate yesterday was a casein protein shake and banana for breakfast, two slices of supreme pizza and a chunk of chocolate chip bread for lunch, and half of a pepperoni pizza for dinner.

It’s a new pizza diet plan!

3 Likes

I may have missed it, but has the shoulder MRI come back yet?

No one called. I’ve been so focused on my financial stuff that I forgot.

1 Like