Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

Training at Home

CONDITIONING: CINDY
5 Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
15 Squats
7 Rounds in exactly 10 minutes.

I think a Daily Dose of Cindy would do us all good. This was my warm up and conditioning. I wasn’t sure how it’d go so I set the timer for 10 minutes. I was going to do 10 rounds or 10 minutes, whichever came first. Well, it didn’t take long to realize the timer would win. Cindy is actually 20 minutes of this with the score being max reps. No, thanks.

HANG SGHP
135 x 5
165 x 3
185 x 3
205 x 3 x 3 sets
185 x 3 x 3 sets
My legs are shot. I felt myself losing leg drive with 205 so I had to drop the weight. I was getting a pump from the bodyweight squats. What’s wrong with me?

SEATED DB OHP (no back support though)
25s x 20 (1.5 reps with the extra half being the bottom portion)
25s x 10 (1.5 reps, extra half rep on top portion)
25s x 7F/7T/7B

superset with

FACE PULL
Black Band x 20 x 3 sets
I struggled to hang the band around the top of the rack after I finished round three.

This took 40 minutes which came as a surprise to me. 10 minutes of conditioning and two exercises seems like it should go faster.

6 Likes

Woke at 240.4 lbs. I thought yesterday was a good day of eating but the scale said different. Oh, well. I’m still allowing myself to have bad food and drink alcohol so I’m not too serious about losing weight. :smile:

Rest day today but I might run through five rounds of Cindy this evening for some conditioning. It’ll take 5-7 minutes and I won’t even warm up.

3 Likes

Daily Dose of Cindy

(that sounds more fun than it is)

5 Rounds in 5:20

Injury Update

Since I just got railroaded with my entire deductible in the last month of the year I decided to call the doctors back about my shoulder and hip problems. I have an MRI scheduled for next Thursday for my shoulder and I’m hoping to get the hip done the same day. I left a message for the nurse today and she didn’t call back. Oddly enough, the shoulder doc was in clinic today and the voicemail said they’d call back the next day; however, I got a call shortly after my message. I’m confused… quick response by the nurse out of the office and no response by the one in the office… Oh, well. I was expecting one out of two today so I guess I still succeeded.

4 Likes

Is Linda 3 bars of death?

Woops. Yes, she is. I meant Cindy (or Chelsea). Linda is also a bitch.

1 Like

Linda is the closest WOD to ‘fun’ in my humble opinion lol.

3 Likes

I’m just too weak (or too heavy for it). I think I tried it and made it through 10, 9, 8, 7 reps in like 27 minutes. I was doing rest pause on bench. Cleans were a breeze but I do power cleans which are much easier on the legs.

1 Like

I do like murph too. In all its horridness

3 Likes

I’m guessing my first mile would be about 9:15. It’d take me 25-30 minutes to do the reps and my second mile would take about 12 minutes.

And that’s without a vest.

That sounds awful. I’m actually sore this week and all I’ve done is bodyweight lunges Monday, basketball, and partial Cindy for two days. I feel pathetic. It’s like I haven’t even been training for the past month.

1 Like

Don’t sleep on bw circuits, I find you usually push harder and use a fuller range of motion + stabilisers thay just using weights. Something about moving your own body through space that just feels awesome and can give pretty impressive results

4 Likes

Nothing at all. Like @kleinhound said, bodyweight exercises are very effective. American gym culture leads us to believe wrong ideas about “just” bodyweight exercises.

2 Likes

Well, I’ll be doing them for awhile. My wife seems to think I need to shut everything down for a while to let my body heal. I can’t just stop everything.

I feel kind of pathetic since guys like @T3hPwnisher are doing 100 squats with quite a bit of weight in a session and I’m sore from just using bodyweight… and doing less reps.

Woke at 240.2 lbs.

I’m not sure if I’ll do any training today. The wife has made plans for this evening. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to force myself to do Cindy again or if I’ll have time to lift in the basement. I’d like to sneak in a couple of supersets for shoulders/back and chest/back.

My son got me sick again. I slept like crap because he woke up coughing at 0230 and then I couldn’t fall asleep. Every time I’d get close I’d wake up. I think it was because I couldn’t breathe. I feel kind of like puking today because there’s so much mucous that’s drained into my stomach. Maybe it’ll help me lose some weight. I thought I’d turned a corner and made it below 240 but I guess not.

1 Like

In fairness, I still hate Murph too, haha.

1 Like

We used to do these “named” Crossfit WODs every day. I got in great shape, but I generally just don’t have the balls (drive?) anymore - kudos to you for getting it done!

3 Likes

Ha! I’m only doing part of it. Cindy is 20 minutes AMRAP and Chelsea is 30 minutes of EMOM. Well, I can’t do five rounds in five minutes so there’s no way I can complete Chelsea. I think I’m going to work my way up to full Cindy too. The longer I have to go, the slower I’ll move at the start.

During my July CrossFit experiment I thought I’d just try a benchmark WOD each day and it turns out I can’t do any of the benchmarks… they’re awful.

3 Likes

Sure, but for every @T3hPwnisher, there are literally tens of thousands of not@T3hPwnishers. Even on this forum frequented by serious lifters, most aren’t capable of those numbers. That’s why a tiny minority of athletes are professionals, and a huge majority can’t even make it to the collegiate level or heck even the starting varsity squad in high school.

3 Likes

It’s kind of even cooler that you’re willing to take it on after you know what you’re getting into.

There are plenty (read: “all”) of army schools I once did that I wouldn’t attempt after knowing what it’s about. First go or no go!

3 Likes

Cindy has a time cap so there’s always that aspect to save me. It doesn’t matter how good or bad it goes; it stops at 20 min.

1 Like

Woke at 239.8 lbs.

I didn’t have time to do anything before our family outing last night. I’m not sure if I’ll do anything today either. I haven’t got enough sleep the last two nights. I’m starting to get sick again. My body is broken. I might just take my wife’s advice and back of (it’s mostly because I’m tired).

2 Likes