Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

Woke at 241.8 lbs again. I was hoping to be in the 240’s but oh, well. I could not satisfy my hunger last night. I had some chicken and my stomach started growling 30 minutes later. I had a PB&J sandwich and the same thing. I had 1.75 scoops of casein protein and I still wasn’t full but I didn’t feel like I was starving. That could have something to do with being heavier than I’d hoped.

I’m hungry again today. I’m hoping these new circuit style workouts are shocking my body a bit. I might not be losing weight but hopefully I’m still improving. I’m saving an official cut for January since I’m going to do the T-ransformation Challenge.

Daily Dose Deads tonight after work.

4 Likes

Daily Dose

AB WHEEL
3 x 10

SNATCH GRIP DEADLIFT
185 x 5 x 2 sets
235 x 2
275 x 1
295 x 1 x 5 sets
This might be a little light. It doesn’t feel as difficult as my 375 lb conventional Deadlift, but I’m alright with it for now. It’s kind of nice to have a lighter day.

5 Likes

Woke at 240.4 lbs so I’ve officially recovered from Thanksgiving. I’d be doing a lot better if I could stop eating crap multiple times a week. Yesterday I had two donuts for no reason. I wasn’t even hungry.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Oh, yeahhh

1 Like

TRAINING aka FML

2 LAP DYNAMIC WARM UP

CONDITIONING
Who am I kidding? The whole damn workout was conditioning.

RUNNING (5:43)
Run the straightaway, walk the curve x 6 (3 laps)
Legs felt tired today.

DEADLIFT
225 x 2
275 x 1
315 x 1
375 x 1 x 5 sets

CIRCUIT #1 4 ROUNDS (8:43)
Hang Clean Pull 275 x 3
DB OHP 50s x 8
Hanging Knee Raise x 10

CIRCUIT #2 3 ROUNDS (5:36)
Jump Squat x 5
Push Ups x 15
Cable Row 140 x 15 pronated grip

LATERAL CABLE CURL
40 x 20, 10

I’m sitting here trying to recover as I write this. I’m battling the urge to puke. I may have been a bit over zealous today. I guess I want to go from fat to fit in one day.

6 Likes

Woke at 239.6 lbs. I’m beat up today. All I’ve done today is get out of bed and I can tell that my legs are trashed. My lower back is very sore. I got a stretch by just sitting up in bed.

I plan to play basketball at the Y but a small (and possibly wiser) part of me thinks I should just stay home and relax.

I called my chiro who does the ART tissue work and I can’t get in til next Tuesday. My SI joint is still out of place. I think it’s been two weeks now. I might go see my chiro who does the dry needling work if she has a spot today.

I’m happy to see the 230s on the scale again. There’s a small part of me that’s ready to push a cut (as I’ve probably made pretty clear already), but I’m being motivated by more than my physique goals now. My sleep has been trash for a week straight. I have mild to moderate sleep apnea when I sleep on my back. I’m good if I sleep on my side or stomach, but my shoulder is killing me when I do either of those. I wake up in pain and with a numb arm.

My wife confirmed that my snoring had gotten worse as I have gained weight (but surprise). That means my sleep apnea has probably gotten worse too. If I can sleep better by losing weight then it’s probably a good move.

Another thing I need to do is find a dentist covered by my medical insurance because I can get a mouth guard that treats apnea. I tried the CPAP a few years ago and hated it. My dentist is in-network for my dental insurance but not my medical insurance. The sleep apnea device is free through my medical insurance if I stay in-network or $700 if I don’t.

First world problems…

2 Likes

I’m headed to the chiropractor and taking the day off. My lower back is beat up and this will help. My hip has also been hurting constantly and I’m hoping some needling will help. It’s muscle pain but it makes it hard to fall asleep at night.

2 Likes

I did kick my boy friend out of the bed room when his snoring got bad due to the weight gain.
Even my sleep got better :grin:

6 Likes

Today was a weird day. I didn’t have much of an appetite so I went with it. I had three shakes of casein protein (1.75 scoops each) throughout the day. I finally ate a little after five at our monthly FOP meeting. I had some chili and three half sandwiches along with two large cookies.

I also stopped at the liquor store on the way home and subsequently drank four New Belgium beers. I think this is how intermittent fasting works. You starve all day and then binge, right? :laughing:

2 Likes

Woke at 240.4 lbs.

I had a conversation with my wife last night about how I’m in constant pain in my hip and the surrounding muscles. The short version is that she thinks I should just shut everything down to let it heal. I can’t imagine doing that. No running. No lifting. No basketball. No fitness of any kind. I didn’t even shut it down after surgery; I kept training upper body and my good leg.

I don’t know what to do. I’m not ready for any more surgeries. Work can’t afford to lose me because we’re already short. We’ve lost four people on my shift since summer started and they won’t replace them.

I’ll probably keep ignoring it and continue being in pain all the time.

1 Like

ignoring pain from injury is silly. that’s exactly how it gets even worse.

2 Likes

I know what I would say you should do… And I know what I should do if I was in your situation…
But on the other hand I know what I would do and what you probably are going to do.
I do think I wouldn’t squat, but I’m not even sure about that.
I hope you find your way to a fit and healthy living.
Going full Belgian beer is not the worst thing.

1 Like

Duke, this is one of those injuries that won’t get worse with neglect. I had surgery once and look at me now - right back where I started. I can’t have surgery every December and spend four months on the shelf, three months fully recovering and then starting over.

My short term goal is improved conditioning and bigger shoulders. Everything else is on the back burner (maintenance). If my shoulder wasn’t jacked up then I’d drop deadlifts for power cleans and clean pulls. But I can’t.

Training

CONDITIONING
Basketball - three games. Basketball was good but I was terrible. I felt good though so the day off worked. I wasn’t winded and my legs didn’t burn.

DEADLIFT
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 1
375 x 1 x 5 sets

HANG SGHP
135 x 3
165 x 5 x 4 sets
superset with
CABLE TWIST
70 x 10 x 3 sets ea

OHP
135 x 5 x 4 sets

I used my two hours so I had to stop there but I hit my shoulders. One side of me thinks that wasn’t enough volume. The other side of me hopes that doing this type of work three times a week is enough to get some growth.

4 Likes

I’m glad it won’t get worse.

1 Like

Last year the doctor told me I had three options.

1. Avoid things that hurt
  2. Try an injection
  3. Surgery

I guess now I’ll try option 1. I’ve already tried 3 and 2.

2 Likes

I can relate. That’s why I’ve found @simo74 and @ActivitiesGuy logs eye-opening, challenging, and reassuring.

2 Likes

We must be related.
I don’t feel/understand pain like normal people.
I hate stopping.
I had the same discussion with my BF many time, still can’t figure why I am like that.

1 Like

It’s time for alllll the growth hormone :relaxed: (fyi I have zero idea what I’m talking about)

1 Like