T Nation

JMaier31 Tries a Bro Split

t-ransformation2018
t-ransformation2019
bodybuilding
strength
performance

Mind if I drop you an email as well on that?

Go ahead.

Woke at 242.2 lbs.

@losthog, I finished entering your weights and exercises and I’ll send it as soon as I have your e-mail.

@mr.v3lv3t, I just sent Hog’s version to you and tried to explain myself in the e-mail.

Thanks for sharing man, that’s a really well done spreadsheet. I need to up my game on the ones I’ve done haha.

I thought I sent you an email today. Maybe I didn’t. Spam folder maybe

I started doing those in 2007 during my internship for school. Every program I run gets put into something like that. I have to make the margins so that the sheet fits on one page fully. :laughing:

I have one excel file for each year. I just create tabs at the bottom for each program. I don’t even run some of them; I just create them and change my mind before it’s time to execute.

Nothing in my inbox or junk folder.

Just fixed it I had g mail instead of hot

I just sent one. Thanks man

Lost Guy Training

RECUMBENT BIKE
30 min while watching Daredevil on Netflix

SQUAT
135 x 10 x 5 sets
First set was the stance I wish I could do. It hurt. Next four were narrow stance - like jumping width.

RFESS
135 x 5 x 3 sets

LYING LEG CURL
90 x 15 x 2 sets

HIP ABD/ADD MACHINE
130/150 x 10/10 x 2 sets

I thought about doing walking lunges to failure but decided against it. I’ll be sore from squats tomorrow. Stimulate, don’t annihilate the muscles.

I think I’ll write out a maintenance leg program. I could do a pyramid rep scheme and make sure to hit the same weight for a heavy single or double week after week. I’m not sure if squats can or should be a part of that program but I’m inclined to try them since they load the whole body.

Not a bad idea. That way you’ll get some slight rep work in with whatever your lowest weight is, and you won’t lose much strength, if any.

Did you feel the narrow stance front squats in your quads? I know front squats are supposed to be quad dominant, but they don’t actually kill my quads unless my stance is shoulder width or closer :face_with_monocle:

Yes and it’s pretty high up my leg. I’d say it’s the top 1/3 of the muscle. I prefer the wider stance because I can get my hamstrings and glutes involved.

Are the maxes you sent me your 1RM or training max?

Those are all training maxes. I can send you my real maxes if that’s easier

No, that’s fine. I just needed to know because I don’t put 1RMs in the spreadsheet. I think the program works best if you stay a little under those numbers.

Woke at 245.0 lbs. Had pizza for dinner plus a couple big rice crispy treats…and a few pieces of my daughter’s Halloween candy.

This is not training related but my day has sucked. I’ll leave it at that.

I saw my old surgeon today and he thinks the caracoid process on my scapula pinched the bursa or other tissue. He suggested I take naproxen twice a day for seven days and wait a couple weeks before doing anything else. If the pain and popping continues then he’ll schedule an MRI.

I still suspect it might be the biceps tendon. Another doctor saw me first and then brought in the one who did my surgery. I think he’s newer or in training or something. He thought the biceps tendon might be subluxing. There’s tissue that holds it in place that can tear. I’m not sure what the treatment would be but the surgeon doesn’t think that’s the case.

He said the overhead motion that caused the major pop and subsequent pain is not a movement that would result in subluxing the biceps tendon. Either way, it’s the typical wait and see approach. I’m better now than I was two weeks ago. Hopefully I can do pulling movements again soon.

It might be annoying that the different doctors have different ideas, but it definitely gives you more options in case the first treatment doesn’t work.

In my completely unprofessional opinion, I do think that it’s possible that the overhead motion could have subluxated (is that a word?) your biceps tendon. The body is a weird thing. The first response to that would probably be “the biceps are not involved in overhead pressing motions, therefore the tendon could not have been subluxated,” to which I would say “it’s possible that the biceps in that arm could have been susceptible at that moment in time.” For whatever reason. Like I said, the body is weird, and just because something shouldn’t happen doesn’t mean that it can’t.

Edit: thank you for sending me the template. I’m going to look at it right now.

I’m not convinced that the biceps tendon isn’t the problem. My body is weird and the unusual injury is usually the one I have.

I’ve had intermittent biceps tendon problems over the years. You know how my physician’s assistant diagnosed it? She pressed on top of my shoulder and had me raise my arm. It popped and grinded. I think it’s possible that it got caught and then broke loose, causing some sort of damage in the process.

I don’t know what they do if that tissue tore. Guess I’ll Google it.

Did she press too hard? If so, that’s pretty fucking irresponsible and unprofessional. If you’re a medical professional and a patient tells you they have pain or discomfort, you should treat them like they’re made of glass until you have a good idea of what the problem is.