JM Press Form Check

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
The problem here:

There are 50 million different definitions of what a JM press is. I asked Louie how he and his guys do it now-a-days and there is no way in hell you could do what he showed me in a smith machine. It’s all accomplishing the same thing but, Jesus, its such a simple movement that everyone just complicates the shit out of.[/quote]

That’s kind of why I asked. I honestly can’t think of any added benefit of doing it on an incline. If anything, I’d imagine it resulting in delts doing more of the work. Maybe I’ll just give it a go next time I train triceps and see how it feels.

Personally I use an EZ bar for JM presses, only because I feel it puts my wrists in a more natural position.

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
The problem here:

There are 50 million different definitions of what a JM press is. I asked Louie how he and his guys do it now-a-days and there is no way in hell you could do what he showed me in a smith machine. It’s all accomplishing the same thing but, Jesus, its such a simple movement that everyone just complicates the shit out of.[/quote]

That’s kind of why I asked. I honestly can’t think of any added benefit of doing it on an incline. If anything, I’d imagine it resulting in delts doing more of the work. Maybe I’ll just give it a go next time I train triceps and see how it feels.

Personally I use an EZ bar for JM presses, only because I feel it puts my wrists in a more natural position.[/quote]

It’s just working at a different leverage. Actually, a little more advantaged leverage. Most people can do a little more weight on an incline… I still don’t know how it can be done in a smith machine.