JM Blakley Bench Routine

I have been using it and really really enjoy the program, has upped my max for the first time since nam and i still feel like i get some decent hyperthrophy work and can get reps to work on my form.

1. i up my weight when all three singles are smooth and i hit all four sets of 6, then i will simultaneously up them both.

2)for the sets of 6, choose a number and stick with it, but it should be a time that allows you to recover i use 2 mins, this allows good recovery and keep it consistent so you can up it and know your progressing.

3)put your balls on the line and try and hit the six, its not a single so your not gonna die if you go all out, i personally go basically to failure. but i will say by the same token, if you fail out on set three at 4-5 reps dont garrote yourself trying to hit 6 on the last set.

Follow his training advice if you wanna get strong
Follow his eating advice if you wanna get diabetic

I’m glad this was bumped. That article on eating was exactly what I needed to read right now…

Does anyone know if he made any articles or videos on bench press technique?

[quote]thogue wrote:
I’m glad this was bumped. That article on eating was exactly what I needed to read right now…

Does anyone know if he made any articles or videos on bench press technique?[/quote]

He had several articles over the years in PowerliftingUSA and made two bench technique videos…unfortunately, the videos are near impossible to find.

[quote]JudsonFit wrote:
I have been using it and really really enjoy the program, has upped my max for the first time since nam and i still feel like i get some decent hyperthrophy work and can get reps to work on my form.

1. i up my weight when all three singles are smooth and i hit all four sets of 6, then i will simultaneously up them both.

2)for the sets of 6, choose a number and stick with it, but it should be a time that allows you to recover i use 2 mins, this allows good recovery and keep it consistent so you can up it and know your progressing.

3)put your balls on the line and try and hit the six, its not a single so your not gonna die if you go all out, i personally go basically to failure. but i will say by the same token, if you fail out on set three at 4-5 reps dont garrote yourself trying to hit 6 on the last set. [/quote]

^thanks

Ty, have you tried this?