Jlabs Chaotic Methods

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
286 x4 PR[/quote]
Nice![/quote]
Thanks man! I bet you can go free diving with lats like that and not wear a squirrel suit lol. Wow!

Did 3rd week of 5/3/1 for The DEADLIFT.
5/3/1 75% 85% 95% @ 273, 309, 346x3
Hit last set for three reps. Felt good, not the best dead session of life, but this program feels right for deadlifts.
Shoulder press work up to 65s t 3x6
BB Shrugs 225 2x6
Pull ups to get the back stretched out.

Hammy Curls kept it light with 100 3x8
Stretched out alot today, felt good on hips back and hammys.
So I am debating continuing with 5/3/1 which I think I will, I was looking at beyond 531 and it looks intriguing, so I’m thinking I’ll do 5/3/1 for a few months like in the area of 3, due to the fact that I have trained very similarly to this style before. I want to see if I can get stronger sticking to it, so I will to see if it works. I need a higher total I’m obsessing over it, I want to compete soon so I need to get realllllllly strong.

On 4th week of 5/3/1 SO NOTHING SPECTACULAR IS HAPPENING JUST USING LIGHT WEIGHTS. I will update with more info as I start lifting heavy again next week.
Did squats worked up to 185 for 10.
benched up to the same weight for 5.
Dips 5x8
Repped out with close grip with light weight.
Amped to get back to the heavier work, that is what my mind likes I hate light shit and volume ahha. Gonna de load with deads tomorrow or next day, do some leg work with light weights, throw in some weighted chins.

BREATHE DE-LOAD!!
Got deadlifts out of the way, 140x5 160x5 180x5
Military press 90x6 130x3
Push press 150 x 1
Does incorporating standing presses help with your bench? I usually do sitting DB press, get more reps that way and hits each arm evenly.
Cable bent bar curls 3x until failure last set, dropped weight to 50 and repped out.
Hammy curls 3x10 @ 100
Calf raises. until they were tired felt the burn today was nice for a change.
Chinups with 25 attached. 2 x5
Going to take tomorrow off then restart cycle of 531 for squat. Feeling good today, ate lots of chicken yesterday and KRAFT I’M CANADIAN DINNER

^ there it is

Just started new cycle of 531 today was squats
3x5 210, 235,265x7 woot woot, I love how on the last set in my mind I’m thinking you better do more than 5 reps pussy. Makes you chase extra reps with weights you usually wouldn’t, really like that aspect.
Leg extensions 4 sets of 10 around 100
Cable rows worked up to 210 got 4 ish reps or 5, repped mostly at 180
Face pulls 4x10 at 90
Leg press 2 sets for reps just to get pump in quads.
Good day so far I need to eat now I’m starved, I should be keeping a food log aha.

Bench day 3x3
150x3 175x3 190x3 205x3
Feeling a bit stronger while benching. I do one light day for bench where I use only around 100 pounds just to keep form tight, rest weight on chest each rep, then explode upwards.
Bent over rows work up to 175 and do 3 x6/ whatever my form allows.
Dips with 40 attached rep until I cant do it anymore.
Trcep extensions work up too 100 for 3x8/ then cut weight and rep till they scream.
RVH while doing lateral raises with tens, did some more laterals with 15’s.
Starving now feeling motivated

Deadlift DAY!!!
3x5 new cycle warmed up, did 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, felt good so I did 335x2
Couple chin ups here and there. Hammered biceps started with 25s worked up to 40’s with dumbells, cable bicep curls as well.
Hammy curls work up to 110 roughly 4 or 5 sets. Did some farmers walks with 75 pound dbs for like three or four rounds, supersetted with planks.

Thinking of adding front squats never done more than 3 sets of these in my life lol. Upper body needs to get stronger well front anyways my back is shredded like watergate documents

SQUAT DAY
Week2 3x3 @ 70%,80%90% 217,248, 279x4.
Warmed up good today my knee was feeling weird like tendon underneath kneecap. Glad it was 3x3 today ahah saved me from messing it up.
Extensions work p to 110 for 8 or 10.
Muscle ups 5 in a row wooo wooo. Felt good.
Bench, decided why not, worked up to 225 for a double, which is good staying the same strength as before. Feels more comfortable handling near max’s.
Did some dips until I was tired.
Really tired and sore now . I was felling amped today, became an uncle yesterday it was very exciting and happy experience all around,seeing such a small baby and knowing that he’s your nephew is a good feeling lol. Time for a hot ass shower sore as hell.

I was sore as hell yesterday so I went and did a some active recovery. Cut weights to 50 percent or less to get blood flow through out hamstrings chest shoulders calves ect. Felt great to get a pump going and getting the stifffness out.Going to hit up week two of new cycle of 5/3/1 for deadlifts today. Almost I mean almost had to rage at a pair of gym etiquette less imbeciles who almost touched the bar while I was doing front squats, they set up way to close to the rack I was using, to do deadlifts with 35s lol. So during there set I just got in their way as well. Some people need cultural learning class for gyms in North America. End of rant.

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
I was sore as hell yesterday so I went and did a some active recovery. Cut weights to 50 percent or less to get blood flow through out hamstrings chest shoulders calves ect. Felt great to get a pump going and getting the stifffness out.Going to hit up week two of new cycle of 5/3/1 for deadlifts today. Almost I mean almost had to rage at a pair of gym etiquette less imbeciles who almost touched the bar while I was doing front squats, they set up way to close to the rack I was using, to do deadlifts with 35s lol. So during there set I just got in their way as well. Some people need cultural learning class for gyms in North America. End of rant.[/quote]
Lol nice

Did the dead again woooo upper/mid back is feeling good.
Rowed on the ergy for 5 mins prior to deadlifting.
Proceeded to deadlift.
3x3 225x3, 295x3 335x3, on the third rep I held it for a few seconds.
Bicep curls work up from 25s to 40s do two sets, work back down.
hamstring curls 3x8
Pullups with 40 3x5ish biceps were wiped.
Planks and leg raises, do weird one leg and arm a side planks feel like a yoga master.
Doing some homework listening to killacam.

SQUAT DAY
5/3/1 235X5 265X3 295X4 form depth all round PR, I hit 295 for 5 b4 but with like a quarter squat., this one definitely felt stronger and more of a pr.
After such said set of squats I was very mentally strained ahha but I pushed through
Leg press 3 plates for 4 sets drop to 2 plates and rep out.
Leg extensions 3x10 @110
Pullups to decompress spine
Donkey calf raises work up to around 2 plates and a bit rep out for 4 sets.
Bought creatine today, so look out world records I’m coming lol. I also understand I need to shel out 100 bucks for a pl belt it will be worth every cent as I understand but fack I’m tight as a nun.

Also I will not be lifting much this weekend heading down to london,on. So I will consider part of a deload. I am really itching to hit new training pr’s anyone with experience doing so while using basic 531 templates feel free to give me advice on how and when to do so. I want to make sure that it will not hinder progress yet will make my totals higher my ego needs a feeding. Or should I stict to the script?

I’ll try one next cycle possible pr for each lift but spread them out far apart from each other.

Bench day worked up to 225 for a double then did a couple negatives with 235.
Bent over rows work up to 185 for 3x 6.
Cable rows 4x8 @ 150, kept it light on rows.
Dips with 45 3x infinity, i wish
Stretched out well really sore again in shoulders, Going to ly off near maxs on bench for a while, i obviously cant handle over 225 ish yet so I gotta keep the rep work going.

Deadlift day, autoregged the weights so I would do closer to my tm
While the above makes me sound bad ass it was a difference of like .5 pounds. lol
3X5@245 3X3@315 1X1@355 LEFT SOME IN TANK, LONG CAR RIDE TOMORROW
Face pulls 4x10 at 100
Bicep curls on cables 4x10 at 100 last set performed drop set to 50.
a set of pullups with 45 db.
Hammy curls 4x11@ 110
Lateral raises pour les shouldaire
My back was really tight today before deads, it is a good tight feeling like growth is occuring, bought some creatine so I gurantee reps will increase. Watch out I’m coming, homeboy at the gym deadlifted over 450, inspired now next cycle I need to surpass 405. YARRRRRRRRRR!!

Bench day/squats
did 3x5 at 245
2x5 225
Bench 150x5, 185x5, 195x5 rep out with plate
bench feels stronger now even though i have no endurance on it, tri’s are fast twich fa sho.
Facepull rows with trx bands,tricep extensions with bodyweight as well
KB swings with a 45 3 rounds for 12 or so,leg extensions 130x12 for 4 sets.
Played soccer in a gym with some homies, walked to store shoveled snow for a good hour
Dead tired now drinking beer lol.

DEADLIFT DAY
3x5 65% 75% 85% @ 248, 286, 325
Felt good last set had to remind myself to brace abs and not round out my back in all it went well.
DB press 4x8 @ 40, 50, 65,65
Hammy curls
4x11 work up to 130 then do a back off set
Cable pull throughs
focused on squeexzing my cheeks hard and thrusting with hips, makes me look really funny but I don’t care.
Wide grip pullups with a 25 for a few sets

Went today to do assistance stuff, I bang out my 531 weekly exercises in 2 sessions sometimes so I have time to bring up my abs calves other places I neglect possibly gooch muscles.
Did a shit tonne of planks and leg raises, the females loved it.
Donkey calf raises. Fucking almost caught the carrot this time.
Couple muscle up, some cable rows did a lot of them they always make my posture feel better.

Really pissed off today again, I hate being in a bad mind state trying to be positive so I’m eating chocolat and watching hockey with the dogs. I really feel like smashing shit tho lol.
I wanna train more right now but I will probably benefit more by doing an intense pressing session tomorrow. Log you are always here for me I love you.
Happy thanksgiving Yankeedoodles