T Nation

Jiu Jitsu Guy... Want My Physique Rated

Ok guys so here are my pics and a bit of info.

Activity: jiu jitsu purple belt/strength train. About to start ws4sb's
Weight: 165
Deadlift: 315
Bench: 265
Squat: 245 (very poor I know)
Age: 38, had a back surgery 2 years ago. Back fusion L5 S1. (I deadlift and squat no problem)

Back...

Legs

how tall are you?

I know, I know... it's not the bodybuilding type of body. I have worked for every ounce of muscle. I used to weigh 130 lbs when I was 28 yrs old. Got sick of it. I've read everything from coach Poliquin to Dave Tate to Louie Simmons. I have been reading T-Nation for about 7-8 yrs. I used to live in Mexico and couldn't affor the supps, but now it's different... Me and my wife live here in MN and both are having a blast training. Thanks T-Nation! :slightly_smiling:

I'm 5'9" on the dot

Now have at it lol

Your back is wide as hell. Strong work!

You look stronger than you are. What's the tat on your back mean?

'Deeds, not words.' Great work man!

I feel like in a rate my physique forum you should probably flex.

Could kick my ass.

'Obra non verba' I would have understood, but not 'opera'. Oh, well, I never claimed to know Latin, just some romance languages that are kind of similar...

haha hell yeah looks like your gettin your pullups in damn.

Opera non Verba... yes it means "deeds not words". Thanks for the comments guys. The only reason I'm not flexing is because I'm not a "physique artist". If had figured out that most of the people here are bodybuilders (in this particular forum) I wouldn't have posted those pics lol. I just wanted an opinion on how my physique looks, no posing or anything. Besides I don't know how to flex lol.

BTW, I do remember reading an article by coach Poliquin in the now defunct Muscle Media 2000 and he said pull ups were the best exercise for lats. So... I have been doing pulls and chins ever since :slightly_smiling:

very solid physique

you look like you have pretty good potential for muscle mass, genetics wise. you look bigger than 165, especially considering the weights you lift (not tryign to offend at all, it's just ive seen people with the same lifts and bodyweight as you that look like crap). good job. are you going to add more muscle mass?

Yes, I want to add more mass. The truth is I have very small bones and I wasn't really blessed with good genetics. I've worked really hard for what I've gained. BTW, I thought a 265 bench was ok lol... my other lifts not so much :slightly_smiling:

You have the ideal warrior-type physique, not the phony 'I want to only LOOK like a warrior but not be one' that many bodybuilders crave. A physique like yours comes from weights AND physical combat.

Excellent work! I gave you a 10 (an envious 10 at that :wink: