Jimmy Stewart, Dog Named Beau

Lost my dog Cyrus (hence my screen name) back in late January. He was a big white working German Shepherd, clown prince but a guardian of my home and family. He was with me from age 23 to age 36, it was a hell of a run together.

this isn’t a sympathy thread though, because i was blessed and fortunate to have him so long. i do miss him though.

Anyways, if you’ve ever loved a dog, this is a great clip. Jimmy Stewart was the man, now we have guys like Charlie Sheen, no wonder the BB thread sucks and nobody can break the 200lb barrier :slight_smile:

Guys like Stewart and Newman were fucking men, Newman had shit when he began and made something from nothing. anyway, here is the clip. i’m resting after a surgery and home from work, i’ll be back in the gym by the weekend though, no doubt.

Even Johnny had to fight some tears.

Sorry for your loss, C75.
I have 2 dogs who are up in age, and I can already see a decline in their health, so I’m not expecting 2 more years between them.

Have to admit that made me pretty teary-eyed. I lost my dog several years ago, and I still find it pretty sad to think about.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I have 2 dogs who are up in age, and I can already see a decline in their health, so I’m not expecting 2 more years between them.

[/quote]

Wow. You know in todays society one of the big stars of today would be attacked for doing something like this.

OP sorry man nothing beats a good dog. My daddy always says if dogs dont go to heaven than I dont want to go either.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

Wow. You know in todays society one of the big stars of today would be attacked for doing something like this.
[/quote]

I don’t see that at all, DJ. In fact, I see the opposite.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

OP sorry man nothing beats a good dog. My daddy always says if dogs dont go to heaven than I dont want to go either. [/quote]

Your dad sounds like a wise man DJ. :wink:

I have 7 dogs and of course I don’t want to think about them dying…but that’s not going to be a good time for me when it happens.