Jimmy Carter Vid: Where's the Outrage?

I remember a while ago somebody called Barack Obama “a kid with a fairy tale”. Later one of the pastors at Obama’s church said that calling a black man a kid in 2008 is like calling him a “boy” 1960 or somthing. In other words he said it was racist. Watch this video of Jimmy Carter and tell me why there has been no outrage from the left. - YouTube

[quote]jawara wrote:
I remember a while ago somebody called Barack Obama “a kid with a fairy tale”. Later one of the pastors at Obama’s church said that calling a black man a kid in 2008 is like calling him a “boy” 1960 or somthing. In other words he said it was racist. Watch this video of Jimmy Carter and tell me why there has been no outrage from the left. - YouTube [/quote]

There was no malice intended

Because Jimmy is a liberal. Liberals are above living up to the standard they set for the rest of us.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
jawara wrote:
I remember a while ago somebody called Barack Obama “a kid with a fairy tale”. Later one of the pastors at Obama’s church said that calling a black man a kid in 2008 is like calling him a “boy” 1960 or somthing. In other words he said it was racist. Watch this video of Jimmy Carter and tell me why there has been no outrage from the left. - YouTube

There was no malice intended[/quote]

Maybe it wasn’t. But why is it not ok for a conservitive to call him a “kid”, but okay for another liberal to call him a “boy”? It makes no sense.

Duh.

Because refering to the adult Obama as “a kid with a fairy tale” is condescending and dismissive; but refering to a young Obama, when he was a boy, as “a black boy” is using the words for what they actually mean.

Why do you equate the opinion of some preacher and a few shitty “journalists” to everyone’s in the liberal bracket(whatever that means)? There’s nothing racist about ‘kid’, or ‘boy’ for that matter, unless it’s maliciously implied. This shit isn’t even worth discussing. If you start focusing on every dishonest attack in political campaigns you’ll be lucky to get done before the next elections.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Duh.

Because refering to the adult Obama as “a kid with a fairy tale” is condescending and dismissive; but refering to a young Obama, when he was a boy, as “a black boy” is using the words for what they actually mean.
[/quote]

But is it racist? The preacher said saying “kid” is racist. Yet Carter, and old southern white man can say “boy” - a truly racist slur - with no problem.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
But is it racist? The preacher said saying “kid” is racist. Yet Carter, and old southern white man can say “boy” - a truly racist slur - with no problem.[/quote]

Calling the adult Obama “kid” or “boy” is a problem.

Referring to Obama, when he was a young boy as a “boy” is not.

I’m sure that at one time, you were a boy yourself - a dumb one, no doubt - but “boy” was exactly the right word to politely describe you.

[quote]pookie wrote:
rainjack wrote:
But is it racist? The preacher said saying “kid” is racist. Yet Carter, and old southern white man can say “boy” - a truly racist slur - with no problem.

Calling the adult Obama “kid” or “boy” is a problem.

Referring to Obama, when he was a young boy as a “boy” is not.

I’m sure that at one time, you were a boy yourself - a dumb one, no doubt - but “boy” was exactly the right word to politely describe you.
[/quote]

The really funny thing about this is that you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. You have absolutely no idea about the culture, but can wax expert on it.

Let me clue you in:

Anytime a white man says the word boy in reference to a black man - even if referring to his childhood - it is construed as a racist remark. If you notice, Carter realizes what he is about to say and pauses as if to try and catch himself.

I don’t expect you to understand the post-1960’s southern culture, as you are a lilly white canadian who couldn’t be expected to know shit about my world. And here you are showing your ignorance as if you are proud of it.

I may or may not have been a smart kid - but I have never been a fool. You have a track record of being the latter, and no one cares how smart you were 10 years ago.

Why is it ok to call our adult military men and women “children”?

PC only applies for the benefits of the liberal causes.

When Clarence Thomas ascended to Supreme Court Justice, he is called an Old Uncle Tom.

Condoleezza Rice would have received adorations, and news stories of achieving a career level never achieved in our government before had she been in a liberal administration.

But since she is in a conservative administration, not a mention.

Similar to when there was a big increase in female liberals in congress, big story. When conservatives achieved even more, no mention.

There is a bias. Only conservatives are “bigots”. Liberals can’t be bigots. “They just can’t.” Yet they are the ones pushing bigotry, racism, and sexism more then the other party.

[quote]The Mage wrote:

When Clarence Thomas ascended to Supreme Court Justice, he is called an Old Uncle Tom.

Condoleezza Rice would have received adorations, and news stories of achieving a career level never achieved in our government before had she been in a liberal administration.

Similar to when there was a big increase in female liberals in congress, big story. When conservatives achieved even more, no mention.

There is a bias. Only conservatives are “bigots”. Liberals can’t be bigots. “They just can’t.” Yet they are the ones pushing bigotry, racism, and sexism more then the other party. [/quote]

WURD

[quote]jawara wrote:

Was there an outrage from the left after the kid with a fairytale remark? Or just a comment from the pastor? Neither case seems racist to me.

Jawara do you think that Jimmy Carter was being racist? I assume not so it’s a pretty stupid question. There’s no outrage because like you they don’t believe he was being racist.

[quote]jawara wrote:
The Mage wrote:

There is a bias. Only conservatives are “bigots”. Liberals can’t be bigots. “They just can’t.” Yet they are the ones pushing bigotry, racism, and sexism more then the other party.

WURD[/quote]

x2

[quote]GCF wrote:
jawara wrote:

Was there an outrage from the left after the kid with a fairytale remark? Or just a comment from the pastor? Neither case seems racist to me.

Jawara do you think that Jimmy Carter was being racist? I assume not so it’s a pretty stupid question. There’s no outrage because like you they don’t believe he was being racist.[/quote]

The pastor from Obama’s church said calling him a kid is just as racist as calling him a boy. So if calling him a boy is racist how come no one has said anything about it? Thats my point. If a republican had called him a boy… Lord have mercy…

[quote]jawara wrote:
The pastor from Obama’s church said calling him a kid is just as racist as calling him a boy. So if calling him a boy is racist how come no one has said anything about it? Thats my point. If a republican had called him a boy… Lord have mercy… [/quote]

How about taking it up with the pastor?

[quote]lixy wrote:
jawara wrote:
The pastor from Obama’s church said calling him a kid is just as racist as calling him a boy. So if calling him a boy is racist how come no one has said anything about it? Thats my point. If a republican had called him a boy… Lord have mercy…

How about taking it up with the pastor?[/quote]

Blaming the entire “liberal population” for it is WAY easier.

[quote]jawara wrote:
GCF wrote:
jawara wrote:

Jawara do you think that Jimmy Carter was being racist? I assume not so it’s a pretty stupid question. There’s no outrage because like you they don’t believe he was being racist.

[/quote]

OK let me make this simple for you.

From what you have said there was no ‘outrage from the left’ over the first comment. (Obama’s pastor does not speak for the entire left population, he is one man with an opinion and agenda. I know this is unfortunate for you as it makes it a little less easy to draw stupid conclusions regarding the views of an entire side of the political spectrum but you are giving it a good shot, well done). There was no outrage as they didn’t feel it was racist.

Likewise no outrage re: the second comment as the ‘left’ did not feel it was racist again (no one in their right mind would feel it racist).

I really don’t know how to make it anymore simple than that.

There there you go.

[quote]
The pastor from Obama’s church said calling him a kid is just as racist as calling him a boy.[/quote]

Because we all know what credence he has with the national community -_-

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

The pastor from Obama’s church said calling him a kid is just as racist as calling him a boy.

Because we all know what credence he has with the national community -_-

[/quote]

I’m more concerned with the credence he holds with Barry.

ou lefties prove my point. Jimmy is a liberal. He can do no wrong. The left is exempt from their own standards.

Had that been a conservative - oh…let’s say a Trent Lott - he would have had to resign as Senate Majority Leader. Don’t think so? You guys probably don’t.

There is a double standard and you guys are proving it.