Jim Wendler: The Invasion

Bought the Beyond 531 book today and have just finished reading it through. I already own The Max Effort Method, 531, 531 For Powerlifting and 531 2nd Edition.

Well I can honestly say this new book is nothing at all like the others. Hell it’s as if it was written by a different person. I’m guessing he got a good editor because this is really good. None of that “just lift and be awesome” nonsense in here.
Where the other books lacked in detail this book makes up for in abundance.
So many training variations in here that the 531 purists may have to go quiet for a while lol. The detail here is fantastic though.
Lots of heavy lifting. Lots of volume. Lots of overall information that just wasn’t seen in previous books.
No doubt Jim will get thousands of questions about this as comprehension isn’t many lifters strong point lol.

Awesome book and very refreshing.

This is a great addition. Beyond 5/3/1 is a great book. It really elevates 5/3/1 to another level.

[quote]Triceptaurus wrote:
Ah. A crossfit thread.[/quote]

Wat

Thank you based Wendler

NIce, another big name on T-Nation. Anyone have the e-book? If so, what do you think?

[quote]budreiser wrote:
Thank you based Wendler[/quote]
lol’d

5/3/1 BBB where you pick your own BBB variation is always a good idea

about the ebook- its very good and well worth the money. more routines than you can shake a stick at. i wasnt a fan of the original but this was a very good training investment.

Is it true you have to grow a man beard while doing the new 5/3/1 ?

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
NIce, another big name on T-Nation. Anyone have the e-book? If so, what do you think?[/quote]

great read, lots of variations and techniques and even ways he has blended it with other programs and for different goals. some funny quotes too.

as for the beard i think so… i haven’t shaved in 6 weeks and i have no idea why

And Wendler’s new 5/3/1 forum is live: http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/jim-wendler-531?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop