Jim, We Need a Book of Wendlerisms

After reading Forever (great job btw) I decided we need another book. This one would be a collection of 365 Wendlerisms to keep us lemmings motivated through the year. This would be an easy book, you’ve already written most of it… 365 pages, we read one page a day, put it down, then go hit the weights.

Example:

Day 1: Repeat the mantra: Training is not testing… training is not testing.
Day 2: I’m not in the weight room to jerk off to a bunch of different exercises and go nowhere. I go into the weight room to get strong.
Day 85: You can’t run one mile hard with a dude pupa obscuring your meat
Day 246: You have to keep inching forward. This is a very hard pill to swallow for most lifters. They want to start heavy, and they want to start now. This is nothing more than ego, and nothing will destroy a lifter faster, or for longer, than ego.
Day 327: Too many people major in minor things.

After we finish 365 days we start at day 1 again, ok maybe a deload for a week. This would be next to my coffee pot I guarantee, I’d read it every morning. Thanks again Jim from a long time 531er.

1 Like

Day 3:
If I put 900 lbs on a trapbar and stand up with it … How many people are gonna say “Well, it’s just a trapbar”.

1 Like

i guess this was meant sort of tongue-in-cheek, but the idea of a grown man relying on another grown man to supply motivational platitudes is pretty sad. I like Jim’s work too but the fawning gets a little old. Just one man’s opinion.

9 Likes

^^^^^ that party pooper just pooped all over your party

4 Likes

there was comment in another thread along the lines of " I wish you would write a book about philosophy so I could buy it"

Ok we can let this thread die now. I was just trying to have a laugh, I guess I touched a nerve. Movng on.

Semi serious note, but I think this book here sums up much of the philosophy needed in life, especially for a lifter

1 Like

It needs to be in the form of a desk calendar, duh! You’re welcome. sticks palm out pay me plz

Isn’t this what much of social media and fitness writing is now? It’s not necessarily bad though.