T Nation

Jim Please Critique My Program

Hi. Thanks in advance for any help.

I’m a father of 3, work 7 days a week long hours and am studying so as you can imagine time and energy are in short supply. I wanted a template I can keep making steady progress on without changing it for the foreseeable future.

Here’s what I came up with
2 days a week: Monday/Thursday
Warm up - Rope jump and Agile 8
5 x warm up sets/5 x 10 abs
Main lift 5’s pro/3 x 5 jumps or Throws
FSL 5x5/Chins
5 x 10 back ext/50 rope jumps
5 x 10 dips/50 rope jumps
Limber 11 on all off days
I want to slowly get stronger, slowly grow some muscle and be Agile and in awesome shape. I have nowhere to push a Prowler and nearest Hill is a good drive away. Time constraints are my biggest issue which is why the rope jumping for conditioning.
Is this any good or would you arrange differently?

Thanks so much for any advice

If there are any experienced guys who could cast their view it would be appreciated.

Thank god you’ve got kids - you are smart and we need more people with a head on their shoulders raising kids. Too many people are Zercher Parents - the worst.

Anyway, this looks pretty good. I’ll add a twist that you can do; start with 85% of a TM. For two to three cycles do this:

2 days a week: Monday/Thursday
Warm up - Rope jump and Agile 8
5 x warm up sets/5 x 10 abs
Main lift 5’s pro/3 x 5 jumps or Throws
SSL 5x5/Chins OR FSL 10x5Chins
5 x 10 back ext/50 rope jumps
5 x 10 dips/50 rope jumps

After those 2/3 cycles, switch to what you had for 2 more cycles and then repeat. When you repeat this, make sure you have your TM around 85% again. Think of this as stair stepping.

That’s awesome. Thank you so much for your advice. It is a real pleasure to read your work.
I feel quite humbled by the beginning of your message, so please accept a heartfelt thank you