Jim Cordova

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
dude is also an oompa loompa. I wouldn’t expect a tall natural BB to be as awesomely filled out as he is.[/quote]

Why is there ALWAYS some guy making comments like these in EVERY thread about shorter bodybuilders?

We get it already. The only bodybuilders that can be admired and respected are those over 5’10"! WE GET IT![/quote]

X2

It makes insecure tall guys feel better about their laziness in the gym, to pick on the short guy who cannot do anything about his height, yet works his ass off (like Lee Priest). [/quote]

not many tall guys are insecure haha they are feeling pretty good about being tall.

[quote]tyler4374 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

dude is also an oompa loompa. I wouldn’t expect a tall natural BB to be as awesomely filled out as he is.[/quote]

Why is there ALWAYS some guy making comments like these in EVERY thread about shorter bodybuilders?

We get it already. The only bodybuilders that can be admired and respected are those over 5’10"! WE GET IT![/quote]

X2

It makes insecure tall guys feel better about their laziness in the gym, to pick on the short guy who cannot do anything about his height, yet works his ass off (like Lee Priest). [/quote]

not many tall guys are insecure haha they are feeling pretty good about being tall.
[/quote]

Insecure about not being as filled out as the shorter dude.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Randy Newman blows. Every song sounds like the one before it. He’s like Phil Collins, Elton John, and Sting. They all are washed-up songwriters, so they now find themselves suited to writing shitty soundtracks for animated features.

Jim’s about 5’7, and IMO his ‘best’ weight was when he won the Universe at about 154 lbs. Comparatively Kurt Weidner is about 6’ and won the Universe last year weighing about 200 lbs. Structurally, both look vastly different, with Jim displaying obvious genetic advantages. Both men are highly intelligent as well as being beasts when it comes to their training.

S

That’s really interesting. I’m at 210 and pretty lean, but I’d be way under 200 if I got in the same kind of condition that these guys get to.

I’m really emphasizing shoulders and lats to get that illusion of width,fortunately I have a small waist so we will see how I look in a couple of years.

Believe me, first time competitors are always shocked at how much they actually weigh on game day, despite being relatively lean before their prep diets. I’m usually a fairly lean 205 lbs (visible abs, striations on my delts etc). On contest day though, I weigh in at 175 lbs. Possibly up to about 180 once I’m onstage. That’s a 25 lb drop from being the guy who most gym goers would describe normally as being ‘cut’ :slight_smile:

Also, realize that even on my best day, I’m no threat to either Jim or Kurt. At a certain level, everyone trains smart. Everyone trains hard. Genetics and natural structure just come into play and sort out the best of the best.

S

Anyone who is at the top of their “sport” is a genetic freak: cordova, Jordan, Bolt, Phelps, Woods, Kobe, Peterson, LeBron, etc… That doesn’t mean they don’t have to work their asses off. What is one thing that those guys have in common besides being the best at what they do? They all are known as the hardest working dudes in their sport.

Great genetics + great work ethic = champs. You can’t have one without the other.

In regards to the he right discussion… Is it easier for a shorter guy to fill out his frame than a taller guy? In most cases, yeah it probably is “easier” but definitely not easy and should not detract from ones accomplishments.

Everyone had to play with the hand their delt.

Hey! Look what I found searching for pics of Cordova on Google. LOL.

[quote]gregron wrote:
In regards to the he right discussion… Is it easier for a shorter guy to fill out his frame than a taller guy? In most cases, yeah it probably is “easier” …[/quote]

The variables are too many to make a blanket statement like that.

I was so skinny as a newb that it took 30 lbs of added mass just to look like a NORMAL thin teenager. And by the time I hit 125 lbs (took 4 years to get there), people then began describing me as ‘muscular’. lol

There are petite short guys who have just as much difficulty adding mass to those long thin bones as a tall guy. Also, there are tall guys with heavy structures who develop mass rather easily.

Too many variables.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
[/quote]

Damn. Jim looks rather small there.

[quote]gregron wrote:
In regards to the he right discussion… Is it easier for a shorter guy to fill out his frame than a taller guy? In most cases, yeah it probably is “easier” but definitely not easy and should not detract from ones accomplishments.

Everyone had to play with the hand their delt.[/quote]

Good post.

And no one should be discredited because of the gifts they were dealt. Nor does any in-the-know person understand such statements like “If he wasn’t _______ (natural quality), he wouldn’t have/be ________ (accomplishment).”

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
[/quote]

Damn. Jim looks rather small there. [/quote]

Lol, that was back in 2008. I know that I’ve since put on a good deal of size. I’m sure that Jim has no doubt improved as well.

S

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
In regards to the he right discussion… Is it easier for a shorter guy to fill out his frame than a taller guy? In most cases, yeah it probably is “easier” …[/quote]

The variables are too many to make a blanket statement like that.

I was so skinny as a newb that it took 30 lbs of added mass just to look like a NORMAL thin teenager. And by the time I hit 125 lbs (took 4 years to get there), people then began describing me as ‘muscular’. lol

There are petite short guys who have just as much difficulty adding mass to those long thin bones as a tall guy. Also, there are tall guys with heavy structures who develop mass rather easily.

Too many variables.
[/quote]

I didn’t say it was easier to add muscle as a shorter guy. I said it was “probably” easier in most cases to fill out their frame because less muscle is required for a smaller/shorter frame (obvi)

Not taking anything away from shorter individuals, that’s just how it is lol

[quote]gregron wrote:
Anyone who is at the top of their “sport” is a genetic freak: cordova, Jordan, Bolt, Phelps, Woods, Kobe, Peterson, LeBron, etc… That doesn’t mean they don’t have to work their asses off. What is one thing that those guys have in common besides being the best at what they do? They all are known as the hardest working dudes in their sport.

Great genetics + great work ethic = champs. You can’t have one without the other.[/quote]

I definitely believe into the hard work part. Doesn’t matter how “blessed” you are. If you don’t put in the hard work, you won’t see the BEST results.

And that’s crazy that he won the Mr. Universe at that weight. I’m a short guy (5’7") and at that weight I looked WAY too skinny. Probably not enough muscle on my frame back then. Definitely impressive!