Jim Cordova

In my books he’s my favourite natural pro BB. Crazy muscle bellies, especially his back+delts. There’s some interviews and videos out there on the net, including his official site and youtube vids (very informative) but not much else. I’m curious to know more about him; when he started training, his training philosophy, what he’s doing now, his offseason+contest nutrition, who he’s trained. Stuff like that. Anyone know/care to share anything? I read on here that Stu’s bumped into him a couple of times.

IIRC he trains in multiple rep ranges and uses moderate to heavy weight. I’m pretty certain he doesn’t train powerlifting reps/style. He likes to stay lean and off season. Not sure about his diet. Last I read about him was that he’s just training people, he competed last year and I think got second

I know his off-season diet is supposedly relatively dirty (fast food and shit) because of how fast his metabolism is.

dude is also an oompa loompa. I wouldn’t expect a tall natural BB to be as awesomely filled out as he is.

He’s an IFBB Pro.I wouldn’t think he’s natural? Not that it matters lol.

[quote]DazeDolo wrote:
He’s an IFBB Pro.I wouldn’t think he’s natural? Not that it matters lol. [/quote]

No he’s not, he’s a WNBF pro, as in World Natural Bodybuilding Federation

[quote]DazeDolo wrote:
He’s an IFBB Pro.I wouldn’t think he’s natural? Not that it matters lol. [/quote]

It does matter.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
dude is also an oompa loompa. I wouldn’t expect a tall natural BB to be as awesomely filled out as he is.[/quote]

Why is there ALWAYS some guy making comments like these in EVERY thread about shorter bodybuilders?

We get it already. The only bodybuilders that can be admired and respected are those over 5’10"! WE GET IT!

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

dude is also an oompa loompa. I wouldn’t expect a tall natural BB to be as awesomely filled out as he is.[/quote]

Why is there ALWAYS some guy making comments like these in EVERY thread about shorter bodybuilders?

We get it already. The only bodybuilders that can be admired and respected are those over 5’10"! WE GET IT![/quote]

X2

It makes insecure tall guys feel better about their laziness in the gym, to pick on the short guy who cannot do anything about his height, yet works his ass off (like Lee Priest).

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
I know his off-season diet is supposedly relatively dirty (fast food and shit) because of how fast his metabolism is. [/quote]

Interesting, I suspected this actually. Where did you hear this?

When noobs look at his physique and ask if it’s something possibly naturally, I think not really at my height. No matter what, height is part of the equation. What’s more important is that he works hard, works intelligently, and has great genetics. Lee Priest wouldn’t have that same cartoony look if he was over 6 foot tall.

also if anyone watches Workaholics, Adam Demamp does cordova extensions in season 1 episode 9

When noobs look at his physique and ask if it’s something possibly naturally, I think not really at my height. No matter what, height is part of the equation. What’s more important is that he works hard, works intelligently, and has great genetics. Lee Priest wouldn’t have that same cartoony look if he was over 6 foot tall.[/quote]

Cartoony? WTF?
If his interest was to be smaller, he wouldn’t have worked to be so large!

This is a bodybuilding forum. WTF is with all the mother hens in here lately, bitching about big round muscles?

sit down, man

I never said it was bad to be jacked and I never insulted Priest/Cordova

the internet has an unhealthy obsession with height

[quote]COMEONDIESEL wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
I know his off-season diet is supposedly relatively dirty (fast food and shit) because of how fast his metabolism is. [/quote]

Interesting, I suspected this actually. Where did you hear this?
[/quote]

Layne Norton’s “Life in the Day of A Natty Pro” or whatever series has a segment on Jim.

When noobs look at his physique and ask if it’s something possibly naturally, I think not really at my height. No matter what, height is part of the equation. What’s more important is that he works hard, works intelligently, and has great genetics. Lee Priest wouldn’t have that same cartoony look if he was over 6 foot tall.[/quote]

Yeah, ya know, I was thinking. Michael Jordan wouldn’t be what he was if he didn’t have an inherent ability to jump high and hand eye coordination and visual perception; Usain Bolt wouldn’t be a world record holder if he wasn’t inherently fast; and all the other examples of inherent gifts or strengths anyone has that we can use here, in any field. Like, Mozart wouldn’t have been a talented musician if he didn’t have an inherent gift either.

What are you trying to prove by discrediting people or diminishign their accomplishments for their gifts? Do you think Dorian got to where he was just because of his hard work and intelligent, or because of those traits AND Mother’s Nature’s blessings. “Oh, of course anyone can into Dorian’s sand-paper-skin, dry condition because they have a natural inclination for being lean and having the structure of a brickhouse Celtic barbarian.” “A lot of people could look like Flex Wheeler if they were born with the perfect structure, no glaringly disproportionate muscle groups, and round muscle bellies.”

Your infantile outlook can be applied to any greats in any field.

“Anyone can be a Robert Goddard so long as they are mathematically and scientifically inclined.”

When noobs look at his physique and ask if it’s something possibly naturally, I think not really at my height. No matter what, height is part of the equation.[/quote]

You do know he competes in the 150s and 160s, right?

so how was I wrong? I said he has great genetics, but also that he works hard and intelligently.

He have crazy delts(onion shoulders)