Jihad in China

16 dead and nothing to do with Iraq so STFU lixy.

Is this because the Olympics are coming or will this become more common?

Well actually, if George Bush hadn’t invaded Iraq … , Nah, Just kidding.

It was probably an attempt to capture some international media attention for their cause.

I doubt they will be able to pull anything off in Beijing though, as they look visually different to the Han Chinese, so they stand out when they are outside of their own region. The Chinese authorities are also less bound by political correctness and human rights concerns than Western governments.

Tragic.

But you know me: Always siding with separatists.

I’m guessing the Chinese gigantic government will crack a lot of heads in the coming days.

It is U.S. policy in Iraq…There is no avoiding it…All bad things in the world are cause by the U.S. presence in Iraq. I got a scratch on my car because of the Iraq war…It’s astounding the reach of this war.

This is one of those cases in which the “Jihad” is part of the separatist movement rather than the other way around. Rhetoric aside, these guys have more in common with the tibetans than the taliban.

If they suceed in embarrassing the Chinese during the Olys, then I wouldn’t want to be in their shoes. China’s a pretty tough place to live for some of the minorities (there are 55) and the Han will simply shoot and ask questions later.

Why are they rebelling anyway? China’s is a well-ordered system with a mostly capitalistic style economy. Order and money…two things near the top of the list which human beings crave.

BTW: here’s a pic I took of window washers in Beijing. If you guys ever think your job sucks…

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

16 dead and nothing to do with Iraq so STFU lixy.

Is this because the Olympics are coming or will this become more common?[/quote]

Muslim Uighurs. There are Christian Uighurs also. Not surprisingly, the Muslims attack them as well.

The Uighurs committed one of the classic blunders on this one: never get involved in a land war in Asia. Do not mess with the Chinese.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
The Uighurs committed one of the classic blunders on this one: never get involved in a land war in Asia. Do not mess with the Chinese. [/quote]

You can bet your sweet ass there will be a slaughter in China because of this and we won’t hear a word about it.

[quote]pat wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
The Uighurs committed one of the classic blunders on this one: never get involved in a land war in Asia. Do not mess with the Chinese.

You can bet your sweet ass there will be a slaughter in China because of this and we won’t hear a word about it. [/quote]

Their history on this issue so far has been dhimmitude and appeasement. China’s got no problem dealing harshly with Falun Gong or Evangelicals, but when it comes to the Muslims, they haven’t done much of anything yet. It’s like kicking a sleeping bear, though. You can get away with it for so long.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Tragic.

[/quote]

Why?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
lixy wrote:
Tragic.

Why?[/quote]

Because islam is divisive. So muslims always want to seperate. The ummah must constantly expand into new Lebbensraum to enforce gods will on us infidels.

It’s the old Roman strategy of divide and conquer. Once they break off a region from a country it becomes weaker so breaking off the next region will be easier.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Gkhan wrote:
lixy wrote:
Tragic.

Why?

Because islam is divisive. [/quote]

No, you dumb cock!

It’s because I dislike the idea of central governments dictating and imposing their will by force.

Concentration of power is evil.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Gkhan wrote:
lixy wrote:
Tragic.

Why?

Because islam is divisive.

No, you dumb cock!

It’s because I dislike the idea of central governments dictating and imposing their will by force.

Concentration of power is evil.[/quote]

I continue to be baffled as to why you’re a Muslim.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sifu wrote:
Gkhan wrote:
lixy wrote:
Tragic.

Why?

Because islam is divisive.

No, you dumb cock!

China was a country long before islam came along. I don’t blame the Chinese for not wanting to break up for a bunch of violent religious fanatics.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Are you the same guy who in earlier posts said he could not wait for the Chinese to challenge the supremacy of the US…?

I hate to say I warned you about those guys.

[quote]lixy wrote:

With the sole exception of God obviously.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
lixy wrote:
Concentration of power is evil.

With the sole exception of God obviously.[/quote]

Not if you’re a satanist.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
China was a country long before islam came along. I don’t blame the Chinese for not wanting to break up for a bunch of violent religious fanatics.[/quote]

Yes, China existed a long time before Islam. But what does that mean, what point are you making? The Uighurs existed long before Islam too. So fine, regardless of religion, they’ve always been in that region. Regardless of religion, they’ve always been ethnically distinct…

I don’t blame any country for wanting to break up violent fanatics either. But reading some of these posts, you would get the impression that the Uighur people, the general population - not militant groups - haven’t been living under what you what you and I would call repression…

Unless we’re going to start talking about how they haven’t really had it so bad after all…and why they can’t just ‘be like the Tibetans’…

[quote]pat wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

You can bet your sweet ass there will be a slaughter in China because of this and we won’t hear a word about it. [/quote]

pat, there might well have been slaughter before this, equally without a word ever being spoken…