@ Jewbacca: Two State/One State?

I’m not following you here–can you be more specific? For example, are you suggesting that a wealthy ME nation should ‘adopt’ the Palestinians–take them in?

Use Oil Riches not to fund Hamas, Hezbollah, suicide bombers and weapons and materiel to build tunnels and rockets…but in constructive ways; working WITH Israel; to come to some workable solutions.

In terms of resettlement?

Doubtful that it’s even remotely a consideration since I’ve never heard of it even being placed on the table. (JB would probably know more about that).

First, let me say I hope you don’t feel I’m badgering you, because that is not my intent. But your answer is still very, very short on specifics. What is an example of a ‘workable solution’?

I don’t feel that way at all, ED.

I’ll give you two.

Take money spent on rockets, tunnel networks and suicide vest and 1) upgrade the hospital and clinic systems in the Palestinian areas and 2) begin to establish something along the lines of the Kibbutz to increase food production and distribution.

Those are worthy projects, but do nothing to solve the fundamental, underlying problem–that being, what will ultimately become of the Palestinians. I’m afraid that, unless this issue is resolved, building clinics and farms in Palestinian areas is akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

You asked, ED.

I’ve never been to Israel nor the Middle East for that matter…so I don’t know all of the “realities” nor do I profess to even remotely have the answers (thus, why I started the Thread…).

What I DO know is that food and medicine will improve your day to day Life more than rockets and IED’s.

“Palestinians” were given land in both 1922 and 1947. The second time has caused all of the issue of not having their ‘homeland’.
Is this not easily seen by any that look at the two partician maps?

No worries sir, not an issue!

1 Like

No problem, ED.

This is an emotional issues for a lot of people, and has been for…well…CENTURIES, I suppose.

It’s also very frustrating because there are no real clear answers.

1 Like

Those are my sentiments exactly.

That was calm and objective. I thought that was pretty transparent.
I understand what you are saying, but the facts of the matter are also that these ‘Whirled peas’ organizations are largely run by antisemites and they are quite transparent about it. They hide in plain sight. It was those organizations with their constant badgering of Israel was what I was ranting and raving about.

True, but it’s largely been by their by their own choice, at least the choice of the leadership in the territories. There were plenty of peace deals that included large investments into those communities. The requirement being that the Palestinians renounce violence against and recognize the right of Israel to exist. Had they accepted one of those deals, would they be desperate? I doubt it, at least no where near as desperate as they are now. They just simply will not accept any agreement where there is an Israel, they’ve refused every peace process even ones that were hugely beneficial to themselves. Who is to blame for that?