Jesus Rode a Dinosaur

“Did man and dinosaurs live together?” Carter asks.

A timid yes comes from the students.

“How do we know that to be true?” Carter says.

There’s a long pause.

“What day did God create dinosaurs on?” he continues.

“Six,” says a chorus of voices.

“What day did God create man on?”

“Six.”

“Did man and dinosaurs live together?”

“Yes,” the students say.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4476836,00.html

Can anyone else remember America being so aggressively stupid and anti-intellectual?

[quote]harris447 wrote:

Can anyone else remember America being so aggressively stupid and anti-intellectual? [/quote]

While I personally think this guy is a fool, I don’t think that he qualifies as ‘America’.

Genesis 1-24:

“And God said, ‘Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind.’ And it was so.”

Job 40-15, 16, 17, 18, 19:

"Look at the behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.

What strength he has in his loins,
what power in the muscles of his belly!

His tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.

His bones are tubes of bronze,
his limbs like rods of iron.

He ranks first among the works of God,
yet his Maker can approach him with his sword."

Please let the insanity end!

I’m happy if there’s more religion in the world, but is this the forum for this stuff?

Hey, can we riot and burn down buildings because of what the the original poster wrote? Nah, we’re better than that.

Wonder why?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Genesis 1-24:

“And God said, ‘Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind.’ And it was so.”

"Look at the behemoth,

[/quote]

Couldn’t you find some nice quotes from the Bible that has to do with bodybuilding and weightlifting, instead of dinosaurs and homosexuals?

[quote]karva wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Genesis 1-24:

"Look at the behemoth,

Couldn’t you find some nice quotes from the Bible that has to do with bodybuilding and weightlifting, instead of dinosaurs and homosexuals?[/quote]

amen.

C’mon, everyone knows that if Jesus rode it would be a Harley.

Sheesh.

I’m from Oklahoma, the buckle of the bible belt. There are hundreds of thousands of people in Oklahoma who believe that the earth is 8,000 years old and that our ancestors rode around on dionosaurs (ok, just kidding about the riding dinosaurs part, but they do think the earth is 8,000 years old).

I have strong faith in God, but to blindly reject scientific evidence and take the Bible literally (it was not written to be taken literally) is pure stupidity. You guys who don’t live in the south have no idea how incredibly ignorant your fundamentalist Southern Baptist Christians are. Like someone said in another thread, I’d rather go to hell if heaven is going to be populated with those morons.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Genesis 1-24:

"Look at the behemoth,

[/quote]

What on earth is your point? Are you agreeing with these fuckwits that the planet is 6,000 years old and man and dinosaur shared it?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

Sheesh.[/quote]

Hell yea.

Jersey Jesus:

[quote]OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
…but they do think the earth is 8,000 years old).

I have strong faith in God, but to blindly reject scientific evidence and take the Bible literally (it was not written to be taken literally) is pure stupidity. You guys who don’t live in the south have no idea how incredibly ignorant your fundamentalist Southern Baptist Christians are. Like someone said in another thread, I’d rather go to hell if heaven is going to be populated with those morons.[/quote]

Hi OklahomaState

It is my understanding that what the Bible says was indeed meant to be taken literally. The consideration that this is not the case is relatively young. Today we may know that it wasn’t 8000 years. But nearly 2000 ago that wasn’t the case. People needed something to hold on and believe.

And as a consequence, I cannot take anything from that book more serious than any other book. The Bible had a tremendous impact on our culture-which I hold very dear- but today it’s just a book.
My atheistic .02

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
harris447 wrote:

Can anyone else remember America being so aggressively stupid and anti-intellectual?

While I personally think this guy is a fool, I don’t think that he qualifies as ‘America’.

[/quote]

Yeah, that is pretty stupid. There are stupid people all over the world.

Fred Flintstone rode dinosaurs.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Fred Flintstone rode dinosaurs.[/quote]

Hey Zap, what was Fred’s Dog’s name?

I wanna go there. where is it. wen i visit i am gonna go. That needs seeing to be believed.

They maust be desperate for guides there. Museums secular temples. what, of knowledge? THAT says it all.

What a bunch of morons.

Did they slide down the back of brontosaurus’s.

Fred Flintstone was one of the apostles?!

WILLLMAH!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Genesis 1-24:

"Look at the behemoth,

[/quote]

An Ox?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

Sheesh.[/quote]

You’re wrong. He’d ride a Pope.

[quote]OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
… Like someone said in another thread, I’d rather go to hell if heaven is going to be populated with those morons.[/quote]

Don’t worry, they won’t make it to heaven. God frowns on morons. It’s in the bible somewhere.

Zeb, I have to wonder – if you’re going to be that literal, why are you working out or taking supplements or wasting yoru time reading a BB site at all when Jesus said stuff like this.

Matthew 6:25-26, “Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?”