Jeremiah Wright?

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/13/jeremiah-wright-sounds-off-at-eulogogy-for-chicago-judge/

This guy needs to get a handle on separation of church and state and the better to be silent and thought a fool…

"Wright, who is on sabbatical before retiring (please hurry)
from Trinity United, said America�??s mistreatment of blacks is the result of the founding fathers, who �??planted slavery and white supremacy in the DNA of this republic.�??

goes on to claim that Thomas Jefferson, (TJ to you and me), partook in pedophilia

I wish we could put a period on the end of his 15 minutes of fame sentence.

I don’t think Obama needs Wright’s help anymore. He is digging his own grave just fine.

On small Pennsylvania communities:

“It’s not surprising then they get bitter,” he (Obama) said. “They cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

[quote]tedro wrote:
I don’t think Obama needs Wright’s help anymore. He is digging his own grave just fine.

“It’s not surprising then they get bitter,” he (Obama) said. “They cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
[/quote]

Kind of funny because he went to a church built on bitterness.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
tedro wrote:

Kind of funny because he went to a church built on bitterness.[/quote]

You’d think a guy who went to elite private schools in Hawaii and then to Harvard would be able to connect the dots like that a little more.

Black or white, I think someone who has privilige all his life begins to think they are somehow better than others. Maybe it embitters him though to think that people vote for him because he’s the ‘poor, abused black guy’. Do you think it bothers him that he gets votes out of pity and not out of accomplishment?

[quote]tedro wrote:

[/quote]

Good take on those comments here:

http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog/g/476297ad-3801-43d7-a670-bb68b3f58741

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
tedro wrote:

Kind of funny because he went to a church built on bitterness.

You’d think a guy who went to elite private schools in Hawaii and then to Harvard would be able to connect the dots like that a little more.

Black or white, I think someone who has privilige all his life begins to think they are somehow better than others. Maybe it embitters him though to think that people vote for him because he’s the ‘poor, abused black guy’. Do you think it bothers him that he gets votes out of pity and not out of accomplishment?

[/quote]

He seems very bitter as does his wife, his pastor etc, so he probably assumes everyone else is bitter too.

He is a politician and he sells his soul for votes.

Easy. The one thing Mr. Wright is correct about is that everyone loves to villify him. And the only thing lamer than black people complaining about racism is white people complaining about black people’s complaining. So just enjoy the humorous sound bites and let him say what he wants. He’s no threat to anyone.

I had plenty of reasons not to vote for Obama based solely upon his policy ideas. When these pieces about his pastor began popping up, I just figured “hey, yay, another hit piece, yawn.” But like Mick said, the more I learn about Obama’s circle of influence, the more it seems that he’s a legit loon. The thought of this guy gaining power is pretty scary, honestly. Maybe scary enough to make me vote for McCain… :wink:

With regard to Obama’s speech at a private function in Frisco, about those bitter gun-toting, bible-thumping, racists out here in flyover country: the next time he feels like shooting himself in the foot, maybe he should take said foot out of his mouth first.
Idiot.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
goes on to claim that Thomas Jefferson, (TJ to you and me), partook in pedophilia
[/quote]
In today’s terms it probably is. If a man has sex with a 17 year old child it is pedophilia.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:

In today’s terms it probably is. If a man has sex with a 17 year old child it is pedophilia.
[/quote]

is you insane?

[quote]orion wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:

is you insane?[/quote]

no, just technical and pedantic…

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
orion wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:

is you insane?

no, just technical and pedantic…[/quote]

Ah, only slightly neurotic…