Jeopardy Tryouts

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Dude

You have to plug RAPEAXE

And say who is Rockula, the undead superstar…The brinder of hardcore to the WWE

Gimme a promo[/quote]

If I get on the show and I have absolutely no clue what the Final Jeopardy answer is I’m DEFINITELY going to write down “what is RAPEAXE???”[/quote]

Fuck yea man

Dude, that would seriously turn into a pop phenomenon with real merch.

RAPEAXE REIGNS

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Dude

You have to plug RAPEAXE

Gimme a promo[/quote]

If I get on the show and I have absolutely no clue what the Final Jeopardy answer is I’m DEFINITELY going to write down “what is RAPEAXE???”[/quote]

Fuck yea man

[/quote]

The best part would be if I have more than twice the next competitor going into Final Jeopardy so that I don’t have to wager anything and then I’ll just write that down as the answer even if the question is “what color is green?”. They’ll have to let me back on the show the next day!

I have a t-shirt I made that has a big picture of Richard Nixon at the podium during a press conference giving the thumbs up sign with the words “Tan, Rested and Ready: Nixon in '12” and I was going maybe wear that on the show. Instead, I’ll wear it but with duct tape over the word “Nixon” and the words “Count Rockula” written on the tape. Tan, Rested and Ready: Count Rockula in '12. I’m ejaculating in anticipation.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Dude

You have to plug RAPEAXE

Gimme a promo[/quote]

Fuck yea man

[/quote]

The best part would be if I have more than twice the next competitor going into Final Jeopardy so that I don’t have to wager anything and then I’ll just write that down as the answer even if the question is “what color is green?”. They’ll have to let me back on the show the next day!

I have a t-shirt I made that has a big picture of Richard Nixon at the podium during a press conference giving the thumbs up sign with the words “Tan, Rested and Ready: Nixon in '12” and I was going maybe wear that on the show. Instead, I’ll wear it but with duct tape over the word “Nixon” and the words “Count Rockula” written on the tape. Tan, Rested and Ready: Count Rockula in '12. I’m ejaculating in anticipation.[/quote]

We are going to rule the fucking world.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Dude

You have to plug RAPEAXE

Gimme a promo[/quote]

Fuck yea man

[/quote]

I have a t-shirt I made that has a big picture of Richard Nixon at the podium during a press conference giving the thumbs up sign with the words “Tan, Rested and Ready: Nixon in '12” and I was going maybe wear that on the show. Instead, I’ll wear it but with duct tape over the word “Nixon” and the words “Count Rockula” written on the tape. Tan, Rested and Ready: Count Rockula in '12. I’m ejaculating in anticipation.[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you fucking ready to be a Super Star?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, if I make it on there I am going to have one hard fucking time keeping a straight face during all of this.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Dude

You have to plug RAPEAXE

Gimme a promo[/quote]

Fuck yea man

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you fucking ready to be a Super Star?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, if I make it on there I am going to have one hard fucking time keeping a straight face during all of this.[/quote]

Ahh dude I can imagine you snickering when someone misses a question.

Telling alex that he’s wrong and growling at the judges…

I hope this happens…I need this lol

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Seriously, if I make it on there I am going to have one hard fucking time keeping a straight face during all of this.[/quote]

I’m pretty much a Jeopardy rockstar, but I decided a long while back that they would never let me on the show for this very reason.

Make sure you inflect all of your ‘answers’ to actually sound like real questions. I’ve never seen a contestant do this, but it would be fucking HILARIOUS.

Alex: ‘The material Shi Huangdi’s Underground Army is made of.’

DB, looking confused: ‘What IS terra cotta??’

Alex: ‘The real Mark Twain.’

DB, exasperated: ‘WHO IS SAMUEL CLEMENS!???’

Alex: ‘The only venomous mammal.’

DB, turning to the next contestant over, in earnest: ‘What is a platypus?’

The idea is to get all the answer/questions right, but to look completely fucking clueless the entire time. Epic win.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

…Seriously, if I make it on there I am going to have one hard fucking time keeping a straight face during all of this.

[/quote]

You just need to remember us fellers (and wimmenz, lord have mercy don’t be forgettin the wimmenz) who helped git you there.
[/quote]

See, this is what’s going to have me trying so hard not to laugh that I have a major Grand mal seizure in the middle of the Double Jeopardy round. If I hit a Daily Double all I’ll be able to think of is you and your sexual, multiple partner escapades. Forgive me if I land on it and wager MFF.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

I’m pretty much a Jeopardy rockstar, but I decided a long while back that they would never let me on the show for this very reason.

Make sure you inflect all of your ‘answers’ to actually sound like real questions. I’ve never seen a contestant do this, but it would be fucking HILARIOUS.

Alex: ‘The material Shi Huangdi’s Underground Army is made of.’

DB, looking confused: ‘What IS terra cotta??’

Alex: ‘The real Mark Twain.’

DB, exasperated: ‘WHO IS SAMUEL CLEMENS!???’

Alex: ‘The only venomous mammal.’

DB, turning to the next contestant over, in earnest: ‘What is a platypus?’

The idea is to get all the answer/questions right, but to look completely fucking clueless the entire time. Epic win.[/quote]

Alex: Wagner’s first, but unfinished, opera.

DB Cooper: What the fuck is Die Laune des Verliebten?

Alex: That is correct.

DB Cooper: Bullshit. Really? Now what?

Alex: Uh, choose again.

DB Cooper: If you say so. Uh…uh…the second box from the left, bottom row.

Alex: Postmodern literature for $2000?

DB Cooper: Are you fucking deaf?

Alex: Okaaaaaaay. And you have landed on the Daily Double!

DB Cooper: Daily Double? MFF? Really?

Alex: MFF? What does…never mind, what do you wager?

DB Cooper: For an MFF? My sister. (waves toward the crowd)

Alex: A dollar amount please.

DB Cooper: Oh. Ummmm…$2,103.78

Alex: You have ten dollars.

DB Cooper: you just had to bring that up again, eh? Alright, I’ll play your game. Ten dollars.

Alex: This 1991 work, later starring Christian Bale in the titular role, was initially refused publication by Simon Schuster.

DB Cooper: I know that fucking book! What the fuck is American Psycho (a personal favorite)?

Alex: Yes, DB, that is correct. Select again.

DB Cooper: I can choose any category?

Alex: Yes, any category.

DB Cooper: Okay, how about the third box down, all the way to the right?

Alex: Acronyms for $1200?

DB Cooper: Am I not speaking English?

Alex: sigh. Acronyms for $1200. ATM.

DB Cooper: Really? Ass-to-mouth or it didn’t happen!

Alex: I’m sorry, we were looking for Automated Teller Machine.

DB Cooper: You’re not even that big. Who are you to tell me I’m wrong?

Alex: DB, you still have control of the board.

DB Cooper: Dr. Strangelove?

Alex: What?

DB Cooper: Oh fuck, sorry. What IS Dr. Strangelove?

Alex: I don’t know what you’re talking about. Select another category.

DB Cooper: I can’t choose the same one again?

Alex: Well, uh…yes, you can. I’m sorry.

DB Cooper: Don’t sweat it. I smoked a little weed before the show too. I’m gonna throw you a curve and choose Advanced Medicine for $2000.

Alex: and for this answer we have Kelly Miyahara at the National Space Biomedical Research Institute headquarters in Houston. Kelly?

Kelly: Here at the NSBRI, NASA has been working on groundbreaking…uh, breakthroughs in ultrasound technology in space through THIS study.

DB Cooper: (under his breath, which is becoming shallower and more labored) Boy, what I would do with that little slant-eye. If only Pushharder was here too.

Alex: DB?

DB Cooper: Yes Alex?

Alex: Hurry, you rang in, time is running out.

DB Cooper: (looks at the other two contestants) you guys don’t know this one? C’mon! WHAT IS the Advanced Diagnostic Ultrasound in Microgravity Study.

Alex: …holy shit. That is correct.

DB Cooper: No shit, Sherlock. That’s why I said it. What kind of asshole do you think I am? They don’t let just anyone on here.

Alex: Just, just choose again.

DB Cooper: Anything?

Alex: Yes, anything.

DB Cooper: How much for your daughter? I’ll give you $3220 for her after the show.

From what I remember of the show it would be best to study a map of the world extensively and remember all the US Presidents.

I’m not a Holy man by any means, but I will be praying to multiple deity’s and any demon effigies I can get my hands on that you make it on to the show. This is could be the beginning of TNations stranglehold on the world

If this category comes up you’ll kill em all.

PS: If you don’t know, the answer is hamburgers. FOR ALL 5 QUESTIONS!

^^ In response, if the category happens to be “Things Prof X never eats” you can rest assured that answer will either be “His Words” or “A Healthy Serving of Humble Pie”

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
^^ In response, if the category happens to be “Things Prof X never eats” you can rest assured that answer will either be “His Words” or “A Healthy Serving of Humble Pie”[/quote]

You’re wrong…you just need to improve your reading comprehension.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
^^ In response, if the category happens to be “Things Prof X never eats” you can rest assured that answer will either be “His Words” or “A Healthy Serving of Humble Pie”[/quote]

[/quote]

It’s early…being witty and being up at dawn don’t mix for this vegan

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[/quote]

It’s early…being witty and being up at dawn don’t mix for this vegan[/quote]

Or maybe it’s that you don’t know X very well. Usually the debates go on for pages with him because he keeps telling people they misunderstood what he wrote previously and that they need to improve their reading comprehension.

Who knew? I’ve read some pretty deep science books as well as philosophy ones but apparently I’m not capable of understanding the writings of a gym enthusiast from Texas.

I tried out for the College Jeopardy 5-6 years ago (when I was in college). They came to my campus so it was a little different at least in that regard.

Basically you signed up and did a pre-screen interview, and then on the day of the try out they did a round robin with buzzers (not a simulated show, basically just trying to answer questions faster than anyone else) to try and weed out people. Once you won several rounds, you got to do the fake show. I didn’t make it past the 2nd or 3rd round (damn literature questions), so I can’t comment any further.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:
I tried out for the College Jeopardy 5-6 years ago (when I was in college). They came to my campus so it was a little different at least in that regard.

Basically you signed up and did a pre-screen interview, and then on the day of the try out they did a round robin with buzzers (not a simulated show, basically just trying to answer questions faster than anyone else) to try and weed out people. Once you won several rounds, you got to do the fake show. I didn’t make it past the 2nd or 3rd round (damn literature questions), so I can’t comment any further.
[/quote]

What’s the interview process like? Is this to weed out people who may be a little unbalanced? Slightly unhinged? I think with the right combination of anti-depressants I can deceive them long enough to get to the round robin part. That’s when I’ll shine. I know everyone on here has a hard time believing this, but in areas that I’m well-versed in, my knowledge is infallible. Plus, I’ll start ringing in so fast on categories that I’m comfortable with that pretty soon the other contestants will be more concerned with beating me to the punch than actually getting the question correct. When they get something wrong I’ll snicker under my breath or cough out something like “mongoloid”! Have you ever seen “The Sting”? With any luck, I’ll be just like Paul Newman during the poker game scene on the train, except that I’ll show up on time and while wearing considerably less clothing.

I tried out a few years ago. We did a quiz first, writing the questions for the answers that were on a monitor. There were LOTS of literature questions, U.S. Congress and some fluffy stuff so we didn’t feel like total retards.
After the quiz, we took a break while the scores were tallied up. Then they called out the names of the people that passed the quiz. The passers went on to the next round, which was a simulated game and the rest of us did the walk of shame.
Alex Trebek wasn’t even there- he only did a prerecorded ‘good luck and have fun’ video.

Suck it Trebek,