Jelly, the Juice, and China

So, some of you might remember that I went to China with my brother this summer for the Olympics and everything else too. Before I left I was trying to figure out how I’d be able to continue my test/EQ cycle while I was over there.

Well, I decided on the big 1200mg shot of EQ right before I left, AND at the last minute I pre-loaded three small insulin syringes with 100mg of a test-prop/enanthate mix and tossed them into my shower kit, just to see…

The 1200mg of EQ gave me some flu-like symptoms the night before geting on the plane, but after that I was pretty much OK. I also seemed to gain about 5lbs overnight as well, and my appetite went throught the roof for about 2 weeks (which was good because we were taken out for dinner every night we were there and treated to all kinds of delicious and weird food).

I had no problems whatsoever with the testosterone pins and customs the entire time I was there, and we flew all around the country for the 4 weeks we were there. They only checked my bags once (and that was because I forgot to take my water bottle out of my bag).

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I couldn’t find a decent gym in the entire country, so I didn’t really get to do any training. I’d run the stairs in my hotels piggy-backing my brother now and then, but that was about it. Otherwise, I guess I was “de-loading” for 4 weeks, lol… But really, if I’d known that I wasn’t going to be able to train while I was there I wouldn’t have tried to continue my cycle in the first place, I felt that was a bit of a waste of AAS on my part…

If anyone has any questions, or just wants to hear about my trip, ask away, be it steroid-related or not. Cortes suggested this thread to me, as a fun thread for this forum, and maybe we can all learn a few neat things about AAS and China. They are legal over the counter there…

Jelly

[quote]Jelly Roll wrote:
So, some of you might remember that I went to China with my brother this summer for the Olympics and everything else too. Before I left I was trying to figure out how I’d be able to continue my test/EQ cycle while I was over there.

Well, I decided on the big 1200mg shot of EQ right before I left, AND at the last minute I pre-loaded three small insulin syringes with 100mg of a test-prop/enanthate mix and tossed them into my shower kit, just to see…

The 1200mg of EQ gave me some flu-like symptoms the night before geting on the plane, but after that I was pretty much OK. I also seemed to gain about 5lbs overnight as well, and my appetite went throught the roof for about 2 weeks (which was good because we were taken out for dinner every night we were there and treated to all kinds of delicious and weird food).

I had no problems whatsoever with the testosterone pins and customs the entire time I was there, and we flew all around the country for the 4 weeks we were there. They only checked my bags once (and that was because I forgot to take my water bottle out of my bag).

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I couldn’t find a decent gym in the entire country, so I didn’t really get to do any training. I’d run the stairs in my hotels piggy-backing my brother now and then, but that was about it. Otherwise, I guess I was “de-loading” for 4 weeks, lol… But really, if I’d known that I wasn’t going to be able to train while I was there I wouldn’t have tried to continue my cycle in the first place, I felt that was a bit of a waste of AAS on my part…

If anyone has any questions, or just wants to hear about my trip, ask away, be it steroid-related or not. Cortes suggested this thread to me, as a fun thread for this forum, and maybe we can all learn a few neat things about AAS and China. They are legal over the counter there…

Jelly [/quote]

Great to hear everything went well for you Jelly, too bad you couldn’t get in the training, but whatever. That must be wild to have access to the stuff just over the counter like that. Did you see items for purchase in stores to be common or otherwise?

What was the weirdest food item you ingested while you were there too? Ha, that should be a good one I bet! No dog for you eh Jelly? Lol…

Anyway good to see you didn’t have any customs problems and it sounds like you had a great time anyway despite the training dilemna.

Cheers buddy!

ToneBone

[quote]Jelly Roll wrote:

Jelly [/quote]

I was there too. Awesome time. The Olympics were amazing. Definitely not much in the way of gyms, though. I managed with my hotel one. I was at the Doubletree. No racks to speak of and dumbells only to 50 lbs. But I did a lot of weighted pull-ups and dips.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
Jelly Roll wrote:

Jelly

Great to hear everything went well for you Jelly, too bad you couldn’t get in the training, but whatever. That must be wild to have access to the stuff just over the counter like that. Did you see items for purchase in stores to be common or otherwise?

What was the weirdest food item you ingested while you were there too? Ha, that should be a good one I bet! No dog for you eh Jelly? Lol…

Anyway good to see you didn’t have any customs problems and it sounds like you had a great time anyway despite the training dilemna.

Cheers buddy!

ToneBone[/quote]

Dog was off the menu in Beijing for the Olympics. But they had basically everything else you could think of. Scorpion was pretty good.

Jelly, did the Chinese go crazy taking your picture? They were nuts. A lot of them thought I was an Olympic lifter, especially at Mutiyanu. They refused to believe otherwise. So, I stopped correcting them. They seemed happier beilieving it. They were also convinced my friend who is very tall was a basketball player.

And of course I’m ridiculously good-looking, so I guess I understand it. Haha. But they were almost the same with my friends who were small and ugly. They just wanted pictures of and with Americans. Really funny.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
InTheZone wrote:
Jelly Roll wrote:

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I couldn’t find a decent gym in the entire country, so I didn’t really get to do any training. I’d run the stairs in my hotels piggy-backing my brother now and then, but that was about it.

Otherwise, I guess I was “de-loading” for 4 weeks, lol… But really, if I’d known that I wasn’t going to be able to train while I was there I wouldn’t have tried to continue my cycle in the first place, I felt that was a bit of a waste of AAS on my part…

Jelly

Cheers buddy!

ToneBone

Dog was off the menu in Beijing for the Olympics. But they had basically everything else you could think of. Scorpion was pretty good.[/quote]

Scorpion huh? Wow, where does that fit in, pre or post workout, lol? Sounds nice and crunchy JS, ha, haaa.

Damn you guys are lucky. Sounds like it was a blast for you too JS. Gotta love the “celebrity” status extended to you from the natives!

[quote]InTheZone wrote:

Cheers buddy!

ToneBone[/quote]

Tone,

The pharmacies we went to, mostly for my own kicks, you just walked up to the counter and asked for what you wanted. They had a list, but it was all in Chinese, so god knows what all they had.

My brother and I were there with our Chinese friend (who’s family invited and treated us to a trip-of-a-lifetime), so he covered most of our translation. Basically, we were told to wait until after the Olympics, then everything would be available again.

That was pretty much the line everywhere we went. Although… if I’d really wanted to, I could’ve gotten some, since one of our hosts was a doctor.

And actually, we did eat dog, and cat, and rat, and just about every other animal/insect you could think of. We were lucky, our hosts had some crazy connections… Dog just tastes like beef, and cat tastes like chicken.

Rat tasted like rabbit and was pretty good. We also travelled around China after the Olympics and the farther away from Beijing you got, the more it was business as usual.

Jelly

[quote]Jelly Roll wrote:
InTheZone wrote:

Cheers buddy!

ToneBone

Tone,
The pharmacies we went to, mostly for my own kicks, you just walked up to the counter and asked for what you wanted. They had a list, but it was all in Chinese, so god knows what all they had.

My brother and I were there with our Chinese friend (who’s family invited and treated us to a trip-of-a-lifetime), so he covered most of our translation. Basically, we were told to wait until after the Olympics, then everything would be available again.

That was pretty much the line everywhere we went. Although… if I’d really wanted to, I could’ve gotten some, since one of our hosts was a doctor.

And actually, we did eat dog, and cat, and rat, and just about every other animal/insect you could think of. We were lucky, our hosts had some crazy connections… Dog just tastes like beef, and cat tastes like chicken. Rat tasted like rabbit and was pretty good. We also travelled around China after the Olympics and the farther away from Beijing you got, the more it was business as usual.

Jelly [/quote]

Holy carniverous eats! Wow those are some interesting observations Jelly on the taste similarities! Would you guys have those in a traditional Chinese type of scheme ala with rice and veggies etc? Yummy rat eh? That’s wild.

Good to hear what we’ve all been speculating on for post Olympic business status too. That’s great news!

Well hey man, thanks for the info, and way to go!

You going to be going for it again here any time soon with your next run? Curious to know if you plan on the same compounds or are switching things up possibly.

Always good to hear from you,

ToneBone

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
InTheZone wrote:
Jelly Roll wrote:
So, some of you might remember that I went to China with my brother this summer for the Olympics and everything else too.

Before I left I was trying to figure out how I’d be able to continue my test/EQ cycle while I was over there.

The 1200mg of EQ gave me some flu-like symptoms the night before geting on the plane, but after that I was pretty much OK.

I also seemed to gain about 5lbs overnight as well, and my appetite went throught the roof for about 2 weeks (which was good because we were taken out for dinner every night we were there and treated to all kinds of delicious and weird food).

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I couldn’t find a decent gym in the entire country, so I didn’t really get to do any training. I’d run the stairs in my hotels piggy-backing my brother now and then, but that was about it.

Otherwise, I guess I was “de-loading” for 4 weeks, lol… But really, if I’d known that I wasn’t going to be able to train while I was there I wouldn’t have tried to continue my cycle in the first place, I felt that was a bit of a waste of AAS on my part…

Jelly

Cheers buddy!

ToneBone

Dog was off the menu in Beijing for the Olympics. But they had basically everything else you could think of. Scorpion was pretty good.

Scorpion huh? Wow, where does that fit in, pre or post workout, lol? Sounds nice and crunchy JS, ha, haaa.

Damn you guys are lucky. Sounds like it was a blast for you too JS. Gotta love the “celebrity” status extended to you from the natives!

[/quote]

Yeah. Definitely a good time!

If the market’s back to usual in China, things should be getting easier to come by here too. That’s good

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Jelly, did the Chinese go crazy taking your picture? They were nuts. A lot of them thought I was an Olympic lifter, especially at Mutiyanu.

They refused to believe otherwise. So, I stopped correcting them. They seemed happier beilieving it. They were also convinced my friend who is very tall was a basketball player.

And of course I’m ridiculously good-looking, so I guess I understand it. Haha. But they were almost the same with my friends who were small and ugly. They just wanted pictures of and with Americans. Really funny.[/quote]

Damn JS, wish I’d known you were going to be there, we could’ve met up in the real world!

Actually, nobody Chinese wanted to take my picture. However my little brother was asked ALL the time. BUT, I’m a brown guy, and he’s a white guy. Yeah, it’s pretty funny actually, my mom’s Native American and my dad’s Russian, and we ended up coming out looking like complete opposites, lol…

Little kids would run up to my brother and very politely ask for a picture, and I’d say “What about me?”, then they’d scamper off to their moms, hahaha…

Other athletes though, would come up to me and ask me what country I was competing for, so that was cool. Most assumed I was Middle Eastern or South American, and when I told them Canada they’d ask me where my family was from originally.

Then I’d try to explain to them, and eventually found out that the term “Red Indian” is what the rest of the world calls us, hahaha… so that’s how I referred to myself for the rest of the trip so everyone would be less confused. But they ALL could tell I was a grappler with my cro-magnon forehead and chewed-up ears, lol…

[quote]Jelly Roll wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Jelly, did the Chinese go crazy taking your picture? They were nuts. A lot of them thought I was an Olympic lifter, especially at Mutiyanu. They refused to believe otherwise.

So, I stopped correcting them. They seemed happier beilieving it. They were also convinced my friend who is very tall was a basketball player.

And of course I’m ridiculously good-looking, so I guess I understand it. Haha. But they were almost the same with my friends who were small and ugly. They just wanted pictures of and with Americans. Really funny.

Damn JS, wish I’d known you were going to be there, we could’ve met up in the real world!

Actually, nobody Chinese wanted to take my picture. However my little brother was asked ALL the time. BUT, I’m a brown guy, and he’s a white guy. Yeah, it’s pretty funny actually, my mom’s Native American and my dad’s Russian, and we ended up coming out looking like complete opposites, lol…

Little kids would run up to my brother and very politely ask for a picture, and I’d say “What about me?”, then they’d scamper off to their moms, hahaha…

Other athletes though, would come up to me and ask me what country I was competing for, so that was cool. Most assumed I was Middle Eastern or South American, and when I told them Canada they’d ask me where my family was from originally.

Then I’d try to explain to them, and eventually found out that the term “Red Indian” is what the rest of the world calls us, hahaha… so that’s how I referred to myself for the rest of the trip so everyone would be less confused. But they ALL could tell I was a grappler with my cro-magnon forehead and chewed-up ears, lol… [/quote]

Haha. Nice. Eventually we turned the tables and starting grabbing little Chinese kids for OUR pictures. It was definitely a good time. Must’ve been cool to stay with a family too. We had some friends who live there that we hung out with but we didn’t stay with them.

I miss Mandarin actually. Well, I didn’t learn all that much. Nie how. Tall-el. Zie zie. And then all the drinking words. We learned all those. Gumbei!

I’ve tried to post a few pictures, but it hasn’t worked out. Let’s try this again here…

Here we go. Me and my brother at the Beijing Workers’ Gymnasium for the boxing.

Me and 120kg freestyle wrestler Florian Temengil.

Jelly on the Great wall. Emphasis on the jelly, lol… I was getting fat from all that food and no training.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
If the market’s back to usual in China, things should be getting easier to come by here too. That’s good[/quote]

They are. All of the powder sources are back to normal now. I head a lot of people preaching doom and gloom about how things were just going to stay this way and never go back to normal. I’m happy to report that I was in the other camp. Things are all smooth again.

Great to finally see this thread here, JR! I’ve been looking forward to it.

So you guys really ate all that stuff, eh? And I thought I was bold for eating raw liver and raw beef with egg yolk. Cat? Scorpion? Damn.

It’s funny, when I was going down the list, I finally figured that the only thing I probably would be able to eat is, believe it or not, the rat. So is this food served at “fine” dining establishments, or holes-in-the-wall?

And yeah, JS, would you mind telling us what eating scorpion was like?

You guys didn’t go for the snake-on-a-stick. I’ve heard that’s a market specialty as well.

I’ll also say that I think it would be absolutely awesome to buy your gear over the counter. I don’t have any legal issues with ordering mine, but I still think it would be fun to walk into a pharmacy where everything is laid out in front of you and just choose whatever you wanted. Fun.

Hey JR, did you happen to catch any of the prices on the over-the-counter gear?

[quote]Cortes wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
If the market’s back to usual in China, things should be getting easier to come by here too. That’s good

They are. All of the powder sources are back to normal now. I head a lot of people preaching doom and gloom about how things were just going to stay this way and never go back to normal. I’m happy to report that I was in the other camp. Things are all smooth again. [/quote]

Good to know.