Jelly Ripped Off, My Fault?

So, about 2 months back I ordered some pegMGF and aromasin from one of the more well-known research chemical places online. A buddy of mine asked me to place the order for him since he didn’t have a credit card, so he gave me $200 and I got the order sent to his place.

Well, the parcel came in but he never picked it up from the post office, so they returned it to sender. Yeah, he screwed up, but I thought, that’s not too big of a deal, I’m sure this kind of thing happens once-in-a-while, people make mistakes. I’ll just email them and apologize/explain the screw-up and maybe they could re-send it or refund me the money.

I’ve sent them 3 emails now and no response. I figured I’d at least get some kind of email in return. And after 2 months, I think it’s safe to say that they’re not going to be contacting me, lol.

I feel like I got ripped off here (even though it wasn’t my money), but on the other hand, it WAS my buddy’s fault for not picking up his mail like any other normal person. I would at least like to give him his money back, since he did ask me to help him out.

Am I in the wrong here? Is asking for re-shipment or a refund in this situation not how it’s done? I’m not pissed off or anything, I just feel like a goof.

Jelly

Fuck it d00d why should you feel guilty for your friend not getting his mail. If he got the package none of this would be happening right? Well its not your fault. Also look @ it from the companies perspective as well. They might think your trying to run a scam on them. Personally your buddy is the one at fault and your just trying to help him out. Don’t feel bad for anyone …cept your buddies lack of motivation to get his mail.

So he got a first notice, a final notice and still never bothered to grab his package from the local shoppers drug mart. I assume thats where it went anyways.

Its too bad that he didnt get it, however its no ones fault but his own at this point in time.

In order for the research company to do anything it would of also had to make it back to them. Its entirely possible that when this came back across US customs it was stopped there.

To get no email back from the company is just unacceptable as well. I hope its not from that one that I order from and dont think it is as they have not had stock on mgf in quite some time. Please pm me the name.

You’re all right about my friend, he should’ve just picked up the package. He mumbled some excuse afterwards about being real busy, but come on man, just admit that you’re a lazy fuck. I know that when I’m expecting something in the mail, I can find the time to check the post office once a day, and I’ve got a wife and 4 kids. This guy is single, with lots of time on his hands, jeez!

I just thought that the research chemical place would at least, like Bushy said, write me back. Seems like an asshole way to treat a customer, for a stupid mistake really. I know they got their package back, because there was a USPS tracking number, and they signed for it in December. They seem to come highly recommended around this board, and I’d heard that their products were good quality, but I won’t be using them.

Thanks for responding back to me guys, I was thinking that maybe I was doing something wrong, like not knowing about some unwritten rule about returned items and refunds. I don’t know why I still feel a little bad for my buddy, I guess since he’s helped me out a bunch of times over the years.

JR

You’re a nice guy, JR.

I’ve also written an email question to a particular company, and to the particular company’s owner, with no response. And all I asked for was the shelf life of a product.

Maybe you could buy him part of the order he missed out on, just for cheers. That, or a case of beer.

I may be totally off here, but if this is the company that I order from, then you may, possibly, have made the same mistake I initially did, and have been sending emails to the wrong address. Have you been sending queries to the email that was sent to you? The order confirmation one? If so, they don’t respond to that.

I had to scour their website to find out that customer service related questions had to be sent to an entirely different address, which can be found on the site. If it is not the site I am thinking of you can completely disregard this but I think it is.

This is a problem I have heard of before with them, and I think all it is is this simple misunderstanding. A mistake on their part, in my opinion, because their confirmation email should make more clear where inquiries should be sent.

EDIT

That said, I didn’t try the other email address myself, so I have no idea of knowing whether I would have received a response if I had tried.

I als have had the same problem with a research company not responding e mails. There was two addresses one of them dont work and the other no response. I think just about everyone here uses the same company to. This is were i found them.

Are you guys still getting your goods from the “certain” chemical research company? or is that the reason you’re emailing them?

Do you have any other way of contacting them? I don’t know which company you are talking about, but I bet they don’t have the best spam filters. Your emails might not be reaching them. Seems funny that a company that would give you tracking numbers wouldn’t respond to emails.

Cortes, yeah I tried both of those addresses on the site. Oh well, I’m not going to worry about it anymore, what’s done is done.

I think I’ll do what Contrl suggested, and buy my buddy a case of beer. As long as I don’t mail it to him he should get it, lol!

Jelly

I’ll second Cortes’ suggestion, unless of course he is running some shit right now, lol…

But seriously, like Bushy says, this guy should kick his own ass for not being responsible enough to pick up a package that he knew damn well what was contained in it…

The best advice you can give him is to be responsible and start handling his own transactions…

I know this is no real excuse, but to those that send emails, and never get a response: I can tell you from experience that some emails go unanswered. Not on purpose. I am the worlds worst about reading an email, and telling myself I will reply later. Then another 400 emails get piled on top of that one, and it gets lost.

This is never intentional, but it happens.

[quote]Jelly Roll wrote:
So, about 2 months back I ordered some pegMGF and aromasin from one of the more well-known research chemical places online. A buddy of mine asked me to place the order for him since he didn’t have a credit card, so he gave me $200 and I got the order sent to his place.

Well, the parcel came in but he never picked it up from the post office, so they returned it to sender. Yeah, he screwed up, but I thought, that’s not too big of a deal, I’m sure this kind of thing happens once-in-a-while, people make mistakes. I’ll just email them and apologize/explain the screw-up and maybe they could re-send it or refund me the money.

I’ve sent them 3 emails now and no response. I figured I’d at least get some kind of email in return. And after 2 months, I think it’s safe to say that they’re not going to be contacting me, lol.

I feel like I got ripped off here (even though it wasn’t my money), but on the other hand, it WAS my buddy’s fault for not picking up his mail like any other normal person. I would at least like to give him his money back, since he did ask me to help him out.

Am I in the wrong here? Is asking for re-shipment or a refund in this situation not how it’s done? I’m not pissed off or anything, I just feel like a goof.

Jelly

[/quote]

If you are talking about the company I think you are talking about, and you don’t get an answer to an email - feel free to PM me here.

Our policy is that we won’t resend or refund an international order until we get either a copy of a customs letter saying the order was confiscated, or we get the package back.

If you have any questions PM me. You have my word that we will figure out what happened.

Yes we all are talking about the same company but everything ive ordered has arrived. They just dont reply to e mail. Oh well

[quote]rainjack wrote:
If you are talking about the company I think you are talking about, and you don’t get an answer to an email - feel free to PM me here.

Our policy is that we won’t resend or refund an international order until we get either a copy of a customs letter saying the order was confiscated, or we get the package back.

If you have any questions PM me. You have my word that we will figure out what happened. [/quote]

OK, thanks a bunch Rainjack. I appreciate you looking into this for me. I understand that there’s always two sides to a story, and we all make mistakes. I was just worried that I’d screwed up somehow.

Oh, and special thanks to Bushy for your help too. I don’t know what we’d do without you here.

Jelly

I hope it works out for you JR. I always hate when something bad happens when I’m doing something for someone else especially a friend. I think I would rather have something bad happen to myself. He should have been checking the mail though. I feel like a kid waiting for santa when a package is on its way.