Jeatley's Novice Training Log

Considering how most of my free time is spent reading advice on strength training I figured it would make sense to start an online training log. This way I have something to keep me accountable and I can talk to people with similar interests as I haven’t met many in my area!

Stats
Height: 5ft 11
Weight: 155lbs
Bodyfat: 15-20%?

I’m going with the standard 3x5 starting strength program, I’ve trained with weights on and off over the last few years but I really want to stay consistent and actually see some gainnnsssssssss. My main goal is strength, I love watching people lift crazy heavy big ass weights on youtube and I aspire to be one of those people. Gotta start somewhere haha.

24/07/17
Squat - 90kg x 5
Overhead Press - 35kg x 5
Deadlift - 110kg x 5

26/07/17
Squat - 92.5kg x 5
Bench - 55kg x 5
Deadlift - 115kg x 5

I’ve mainly been focusing on my recovery outside of gym. It seems to be that food and sleep are the most important aspects of running this program along side the linear progression. So I’ve been doing the best I can with my small funds of money, eating around 3000-3500 calories a day, lots of eggs and way too much oatmeal.

29/07/17

Squat
95kg x 5 x 3

Overhead press
37.5 x 5kg x 3

Deadlift
120kg x 5

First week of starting strength done! Had to skip friday because I didn’t get enough sleep but I went today instead. My lifts are steadily increasing and I weighed myself today to find I have gained around 4-5lbs in the last week, I mean sure some of that will be water weight and fat but at least it means I’m eating a decent amount to allow for the strength gains.

Fixed my form on the squat by narrowing my grip which makes the lift feel a lot better on my wrists.

Found out I like listening to doom metal while squatting and drum n bass whilst deadlifting. Thank you electric wizard.