T Nation

Jeans For Larger Legs?

there is nothing better than having a nice pair of jeans that fit well. a few years ago i had no problem buying jeans such as diesel, seven, and other well made jeans. i liked the way they fit. but the last year or so my legs have grown a lot! i don’t fit into those types of jeans anymore or maybe i just have not come across there ‘looser’ fit pairs.

Well my question is this. those of you with larger legs, that still like to own nice jeans, where do you get your jeans? i really need help with this. i prefer a baggier fit, compared to a tight fit, but not so baggy they hang off my ass. any help will be appreciated!

utilize the search function

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1813097

As you mentioned, I like 7 as well. I have a 29 inch waist and big legs, but the relaxed fit boot cut fit me. They are tight, but fashionably, not uncomfortably.

Guess also has a few cuts that fit me well. Their “Rebel” line is pretty loose through the leg.

And although they do not fit the trendy/expensive mold as well, Gap makes great jeans for people with bigger thighs. Even when I was a 27 or 28 inch waist, I was able to have Gap jeans that fit both waist and thigh.

I would say the same for Old Navy, but they fall apart after like 3 washes.

You are totally shit out of luck when it comes do Diesel jeans, though, bro. Not a chance in hell.

[quote]vikingrob wrote:
there is nothing better than having a nice pair of jeans that fit well. a few years ago i had no problem buying jeans such as diesel, seven, and other well made jeans. i liked the way they fit. but the last year or so my legs have grown a lot! i don’t fit into those types of jeans anymore or maybe i just have not come across there ‘looser’ fit pairs.
well my question is this. those of you with larger legs, that still like to own nice jeans, where do you get your jeans? i really need help with this. i prefer a baggier fit, compared to a tight fit, but not so baggy they hang off my ass. any help will be appreciated![/quote]

Due to my thighs being a bit bigger than average and having only a 32 inch waist I have to wear mish mash jeans, they are a bit baggy and skaterish for a 32 yr old, but I am one grumpy bastard when my crotch area and thighs are being constricted and rubbed all day.

For the same reason I now wear large calvin cliens, great fit around the thighs, but a little baggy around the waist and I could really do with a bigger cock to fill em out :slight_smile:

Someone should make BB shorts, normal size aroung the waist and bigger at the thigh, with a very small pouch espicially for the steroid users that have testicles the sizeof raisins.

Eddie Bauer Relaxed Style Jeans.

Levi’s Red Label Relaxed Jeans.

7For All Mankind

Lucky jeans, wide fit, are good.

Also, try this:

http://www.makeyourownjeans.com - mine fit very well.

Lose some weight, fat fatty fatkins.

try the mavi max.

[quote]robo1 wrote:
try the mavi max.[/quote]

Seconded. Forgot about Mavis. They have a few cuts which are great for big thigh-guy.

Also thanks BostonBarrister for the link for the custom jeans. Appreciated.

thanks for the help, i will check the different suggestions out and see what happens!

If you’re willing to spend some coin, I recently found a pair of Citizen jeans (or Citizens of Humanity – whatever it’s called) that fit pretty well, but JUST barely. They’re borderline too tight in the thighs, but I’m IMPOSSIBLE to fit for jeans.

The ones I have that are my favorite, though, that fit REALLY well, have plenty of room in the thighs without looking too baggy, and whose look/wash/coloring I really love, are my PRPS jeans. But you’ve got to REALLY pony up for those. :frowning:

By the way, I tried custom jeans at a place here in New York many years ago (the place is now out of business) and, despite my high hopes and the time and effort put in, the fit came out all wrong, and here’s why. (The same thing can happen when having suits or suit pants made for you or tailored for you, so be careful)!

I think most tailors and designers aren’t familiar with muscular legs and how they’re shaped. Here’s the problem: When you’re standing up and someone puts a tape measure around your upper thigh they’ll get one measurement, and they’ll think that that’s all they need to know about the circumference of your upper thigh. WRONG.

Now, sit down in a chair, and cross one leg over the other (say, your right leg over your left) such that your right ankle is resting above your left knee, and your right lower leg is just about parallel to the ground. NOW measure the circumference of your right upper thigh. It’s bigger!! Your thigh “spreads” in this sitting-down position, and pants that might get around your thigh comfortably when you’re standing WON’T necessarily have enough room in the thigh for you to comfortably sit down (and cross your legs in)!

So all you who lift and have some size to your legs, BE CAREFUL when trying on, or getting measured for, jeans, suits, tuxes, etc. MAKE SURE you do the sitting-down test to be sure they fit!

[quote]Damici wrote:
By the way, I tried custom jeans at a place here in New York many years ago (the place is now out of business) and, despite my high hopes and the time and effort put in, the fit came out all wrong, and here’s why. (The same thing can happen when having suits or suit pants made for you or tailored for you, so be careful)!

I think most tailors and designers aren’t familiar with muscular legs and how they’re shaped. Here’s the problem: When you’re standing up and someone puts a tape measure around your upper thigh they’ll get one measurement, and they’ll think that that’s all they need to know about the circumference of your upper thigh. WRONG.

Now, sit down in a chair, and cross one leg over the other (say, your right leg over your left) such that your right ankle is resting above your left knee, and your right lower leg is just about parallel to the ground. NOW measure the circumference of your right upper thigh. It’s bigger!! Your thigh “spreads” in this sitting-down position, and pants that might get around your thigh comfortably when you’re standing WON’T necessarily have enough room in the thigh for you to comfortably sit down (and cross your legs in)!

So all you who lift and have some size to your legs, BE CAREFUL when trying on, or getting measured for, jeans, suits, tuxes, etc. MAKE SURE you do the sitting-down test to be sure they fit!
[/quote]

You my friend may well just have saved me several hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Thank you.

I will remember this next week when I go get fitted.

No problem; glad to help a brother out. I’ll PM you my address so you can send me a check. :slight_smile:

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:

You my friend may well just have saved me several hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Thank you.

[/quote]

Mavi or Seven For All Mankind Relaxed fit. True Religion makes some roomy jeans too.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Lose some weight, fat fatty fatkins.[/quote]

You mean gain weight, right?

[quote]Damici wrote:
No problem; glad to help a brother out. I’ll PM you my address so you can send me a check. :slight_smile:

swissrugby67 wrote:

[/quote]

Don’t forget to include your phone number… That way, I can get in touch and take you out for a dinner date.

We can both wear our custom suits.

It’ll be cute.

Um . . . nah, I’ll just take the cash, thanks. :frowning:

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:

Don’t forget to include your phone number… That way, I can get in touch and take you out for a dinner date.

We can both wear our custom suits.

It’ll be cute.

[/quote]

[quote]cray54 wrote:
utilize the search function

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1813097[/quote]

this ones better…
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1813097&pageNo=2

is it too much to hope that this particular topic DIES A GRINNING EVIL DEATH…?

yes, i am aware that by posting, i bumped the thread to the top.

one of the joys of getting older is you can be proud of your bitchiness.

My wife shops at Tall Girl.