T Nation

JB's Team; Makin' T-Nation Happy

Hey Boyz,

I'd just like to introduce myself..

My name is Amanda, and I've just joined JB's team. Its my job to make sure all of our PN, JB.com and S2B customers are kept happy. Since T-Nation and all its readers and members have been so good to JB over the years, he's made it a special priority of mine to make sure you guys are the happiest.

So, watch for me on the forum as I'll be popping on with useful and interesting information and special T-Nation offers just for you guys.

To kick things off, I'd like to share a cool little nutrition tip with you.

JB recently turned me on to a new veggie. For years I've been eating cauliflower for the awesome benefits this cruciferous vegetable has to offer, expecially the high content of indoles. Indoles are well known for their antioxidant and free radical scavaging properties in the body. They also may reduce the risk of cancer.

But how many of you have heard of PURPLE cauliflower? This colored cauliflower has the same beneficial properties as the white, but also contains a hearty dose of anthocyanins, like those found in berries, red wine and red cabbage. Anthocyanins, a type of flavanoid, have a whole host of other beneficial properties similar to those associated with similar colored fruits and veggies.

So when you're trying to include more veggies in your nutrition plan, give this Cool, Colored Cauliflower a try.

Gotta love those functional foods and phytochemicals!

Until next time,
Amanda

Cool tip! Welcome Amanda. :slight_smile:

Here's a pic of that purple cauliflower!

Hi Amanda,
Thanks for the tip. I love the purple cauliflower. I like to blanch mine in boiling water and then toss with some roasted garlic and oregano...

What do you know about the orange cauliflower?

I also find it helpful to include all colors of veggies into my diet, like you said, to make sure I am hitting all the phytochemicles possible. Colored peppers are some of my favs along with Radichio, endive, and all the colors of summer squash.

You look exactly like Oz's girlfriend from American Pie.

Thanks for the tip, could you buy this purple cauliflower in any regular 'health/grocery' store?

I'd hit it. =~B

jk...no I'm not.

Welcome to the site Amanda.

NH-Watts

Greetings and salutations.

Uh, that purple cauliflower looks weird. That doesn't mean I won't try it. I'll just have to mix it in with a bunch of other veges.

Nice tip and welcome to the Nation.

Interesting! I've seen and used them as ornamental plants, but never in a dish.
I'll give these a go in some stir fry.

Can you give us a hint on the taste? Similar to purple kale? Best with beef, pork, chicken, or fish?

So many thoughts come to mind...

Welcome!

Well I found it tonight at my normal Giant grocery store, so I assume most anywhere carries it.

Tonight will be my first purple vegetable experience...

Does that sound ghey?

No but spelling it ghey is.