JB's Precision Nutrition - Buy?

Hey guys, been reading alot about nutrition and was wondering who here had purchased and had success with John Berrardi’s precision nutrition program? Or any other learning tools?

I’m telling you, man, Precision Nutrition is one of the best products I’ve ever invested in.

It’s amazing how much information and value is contained in the program.

I make it a point to have all of my clients purchase it.

It’s that good.

-Nate

Depends where you are with diet and nutrition. If you’re one of the few people with common sense, then you probably don’t need it. T-Nation articles should suffice. But if you’re one of the lesser-intellegent people, whom diets have never worked for, yeah you might wanna pick this up.

Yes, buy it. You’ll be glad you did. It’s worth much more than what it costs.

[quote]Roy wrote:
Depends where you are with diet and nutrition. If you’re one of the few people with common sense, then you probably don’t need it. T-Nation articles should suffice. But if you’re one of the lesser-intellegent people, whom diets have never worked for, yeah you might wanna pick this up.[/quote]

I completely disagree with this point.

Do you even own the product and know what’s in it?

The T-Nation articles about nutrition are fantastic, obviously.

But Precision Nutrition, whether you’re new or experienced, is a fantastic resource.

“Lesser-intelligent”, huh?

Nice…

-Nate

Thanks for the feedback so far. I’m currently about 210, and any where between 16%-19% Body fat.

Im not a dumb dude when it come to nutrition but i could be much better. I have never been one to count calories, or carbs, or anything. i just try and eat lean protein good carbs at every meal.

Is it possible to tailor a program I could do from that precision nutrition?

[quote]iannotti wrote:
Is it possible to tailor a program I could do from that precision nutrition?[/quote]

That’s pretty much the whole idea behind PN. I’m with Nate on this one again. Great investment for any athlete, person wanting to look good naked, or person wanting to be healthy.

[quote]Roy wrote:
Depends where you are with diet and nutrition. If you’re one of the few people with common sense, then you probably don’t need it. T-Nation articles should suffice. But if you’re one of the lesser-intellegent people, whom diets have never worked for, yeah you might wanna pick this up.[/quote]

Quite an endorsement, eh?

If you’re smart - don’t buy it.

If you’re dumb - it’s for you.

Whew! I bet you the 10,000 dummies who bought PN this year are feeling pretty good about themselves now.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
iannotti wrote:

That’s pretty much the whole idea behind PN. I’m with Nate on this one again. Great investment for any athlete, person wanting to look good naked, or person wanting to be healthy.[/quote]

Thanks I just purchased the program. I already have the Myotape. I took some measurements with the tape and using U.S Army BF% tape test standards Im at 24%…WTF? No possible way, well maybe…I dont look that fat.

My belly doesnt stick out further than my chest, I have some fat but dayum. Really looking foward to getting this in the mail…

[quote]iannotti wrote:
Thanks for the feedback so far. I’m currently about 210, and any where between 16%-19% Body fat.

Im not a dumb dude when it come to nutrition but i could be much better. I have never been one to count calories, or carbs, or anything. i just try and eat lean protein good carbs at every meal.

Is it possible to tailor a program I could do from that precision nutrition?[/quote]

In all seriousness, yes it’s possible to tailor a program from the base PN package.

But keep in mind that in addition to the 5 manuals, GN cook book, 2 DVDs, 2 Audio CDs, and lifetime membership to our private, member’s only forum, PN also includes:

1. The PN Results Tracker (forum tool)

2. The PN Calorie Estimator (forum tool)

3. The PN Training Programs (5 Training Programs - one each by CT, Dave Tate, Cressey, Carter Schoffer, and Krista Scott-Dixon covering a wide array of goals).

4. Christmas Bonus: This is one additional resource that we’re keeping wraps on for the next 4 weeks because it’s that big. But wait till you see it!

Yes I’m biased but if you can find a better deal anywhere, I dare you to find it. We’ve poured so many resources into making our customers happy and getting them results, it’s almost over-the-top.

So give it a try - I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

[quote]John M Berardi wrote:
iannotti wrote:

In all seriousness, yes it’s possible to tailor a program from the base PN package.

But keep in mind that in addition to the 5 manuals, GN cook book, 2 DVDs, 2 Audio CDs, and lifetime membership to our private, member’s only forum, PN also includes:

1. The PN Results Tracker (forum tool)

2. The PN Calorie Estimator (forum tool)

3. The PN Training Programs (5 Training Programs - one each by CT, Dave Tate, Cressey, Carter Schoffer, and Krista Scott-Dixon covering a wide array of goals).

4. Christmas Bonus: This is one additional resource that we’re keeping wraps on for the next 4 weeks because it’s that big. But wait till you see it!

Yes I’m biased but if you can find a better deal anywhere, I dare you to find it. We’ve poured so many resources into making our customers happy and getting them results, it’s almost over-the-top.

So give it a try - I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
[/quote]

:slight_smile: Hey JB, I been browsing the past couple of hours through the forums now. Can’t wait to get my PN in the mail!

Roy wrote:
Depends where you are with diet and nutrition. If you’re one of the few people with common sense, then you probably don’t need it. T-Nation articles should suffice. But if you’re one of the lesser-intellegent people, whom diets have never worked for, yeah you might wanna pick this up.

Whew! I bet you the 10,000 dummies who bought PN this year are feeling pretty good about themselves now.
[/quote]

i think the scarcity of these posts is a pretty big testament to PN. there is so much “self help” junk out there in a similar format that its a wonder how much support you have.

i may have to get this as a family christmas present this year…

If you never buy anything else in your life with regards to nutrition, buy this one package.This is beyond a doubt the best resource you will ever buy about nutrition and what to eat and when. I have been reading articles by Dr. Berardi since this website started and while there is a lot of information by him here, nothing matches what you will receive in this package.

This is a totally comprehensive system that is easy to understand.

Roy wrote:

[/quote]

the cook book alone made it worth it for me, and that’s not accounting for all the other great info you pick up from the product.

Whew! I bet you the 10,000 dummies who bought PN this year are feeling pretty good about themselves now.[/quote]

Dumb people always feel good about themselves. That’s why they are dumb.

I’ve considered buying PN for a while now. One thing is holding me back. I hate being told “what” to eat. How would I be able to use this program and still select all of my own foods? I’m a very picky eater and usually can find one or two ingrediants in any recipe I don’t like, which makes it tough. Before you call me a sissy and say suck it up and eat what’s good for you, keep in mind I only don’t like foods I’ve tried. So I actually don’t like them- not just that I think I don’t. If you don’t like something (like pretty much any seafood beyond fish/salmon) then you don’t like something.

[quote]Roy wrote:

Roy I’m pretty sure you don’t own precision nutrition if your making statements like this.

PN is the best investment I have ever made in my life.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
John M Berardi wrote:

I’ve considered buying PN for a while now. One thing is holding me back. I hate being told “what” to eat. How would I be able to use this program and still select all of my own foods? I’m a very picky eater and usually can find one or two ingrediants in any recipe I don’t like, which makes it tough. Before you call me a sissy and say suck it up and eat what’s good for you, keep in mind I only don’t like foods I’ve tried. So I actually don’t like them- not just that I think I don’t. If you don’t like something (like pretty much any seafood beyond fish/salmon) then you don’t like something.[/quote]

eengrms76 PN doesn’t tell you what to it in as much as it has some menu’s for you to use if you’ve either no clue or no inclination to make up your own.

What it really brings to me is like minded people and direct access to people like JB and the PN moderators. There’s a LOT of interaction between the users and the admins with TONNES of guidance and suggestions.

Heck, I’ve even seen posts where someone was totally lost and didn’t know what to do and JB chips in and asks for posts on diet/training etc. then suggests what to do next. He even came back to the post to congratulate the op on moving forwards! (The op got out of the rut and is now doing great!)

It’s worth it just for that for me.

I own PN, its a great product.

PN doesnt tell you what to eat. Nor does it flood you with crappy interpreted science. Its a comprehensive system of practical methods. It covers everything that is left out of other programs. You will recognise alot of the material from the articles here, but will be surprised how its all put together.

Don’t knock it unless you have seen it. Otherwise you would just be talking shit.

ofcourse, you dont really NEED it. People have made progress without it. However, i personally find it a great resource to have on hand. You will notice that people who are genuinely into a topic will collect reference items like these…

[quote]Nate Green wrote:

I completely disagree with this point.

[/quote]

Of course you do. All you do is advertise. So when someone says a 40$ book isn’t NECCECARY, of course you jump in with the thousands of plug-ins overflowing from your mouth.

Not eating shitty food isn’t rocket science, all you have to do… IS DON’T EAT SHITTY FOOD. You don’t need a book holding your hand through every meal, telling you exactly what to eat and what not to eat.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:

I’ve considered buying PN for a while now. One thing is holding me back. I hate being told “what” to eat. How would I be able to use this program and still select all of my own foods? I’m a very picky eater and usually can find one or two ingrediants in any recipe I don’t like, which makes it tough. Before you call me a sissy and say suck it up and eat what’s good for you, keep in mind I only don’t like foods I’ve tried. So I actually don’t like them- not just that I think I don’t. If you don’t like something (like pretty much any seafood beyond fish/salmon) then you don’t like something.[/quote]

At first, John does say “only eat this, this, this, and this”, but it’s to get you in the habit of preparing that amount of food for yourself and being conscious of what you eat. I think this is a good idea as opposed to just giving you 7 basic food rules to follow.

Reason being is a lot of people just aren’t creative and don’t have the discipline (at first) to do their own thing and be successful. The initial meal plan really isn’t that bad (lots of chicken and beef :-)), and the cook book has a bunch of great meal ideas.

I’m sure you can omit certain things you don’t like as long as you substitute those items with something of equal or better nutritional value. If you have the money to spend, I defintely recommend picking it up.