JB's Hypertrophy Scheme

[quote]eightohfive wrote:
I feel like i can look lean, then carb up and look fluffy. Really wanna get rid of lower back fat/the bit on the lower abdomen… may be nit picking tho. Figure i want to be as lean as possible before i begin bulking. not sure what the advantage of that is, haha but seemed like a good idea?[/quote]

You need to make your goals a bit more longer term. Let that sink in!

Many make the same mistake as you were suggesting - “just lose another few pounds, then I’ll bulk”. Your body will just laugh at that 3-4lbs of fat loss, it won’t make a huge difference at all to your bulk. In fact, what usually happens is people bulk back up to the previous weight and their composition isn’t much different compared to simply going straight into the bulk.

Some thin people would be dieting for ages before that last bit of fat is gone. Remember, it’s much easier to lose fat when you have more muscle (and more muscle not only looks 10x better, but also gives the illusion of being leaner than you actually are). So many on here comment on how much easier their diet was when they bulked to a much heavier weight. To illustrate - it may only take around 3000 cals per day to gain 20lbs, but to gain that next 40lbs or so, it may take up to 5000 cals or more per day. The more muscle you have, the more you have to eat to not only maintain it, but to make it grow.

You need to allow your body to adjust/grow into a new weight, and don’t do it in tiny amounts especially at this stage. Turn your body into a fat burning/muscle building machine! Don’t hamper it. All this takes time.

Your lower back fat is not permanent, and is the sort of stubborn fat that goes when you are much leaner. I was worried about it so much at one point and kept dieting + dieting + dieting till I reached the stage of being extremely thin. It stayed there for ages, then as if all of a sudden, when I reached a certain leaness level it just melted off week after week. All that worry for nothing lol. That stubborn fat has returned, but not half as bad as before (especially since at a heavier weight I’m not as fat as before).

A great read for you;

Read it all! :slight_smile:

PS - Get some consistency in there for your training. Some need a paper log, others are fine if their memory’s fine