T Nation

JB's Don't Diet

Hello,

I’m 20, 195 14% BF and am looking to get down below 10% (as close to 5% as possible) by following either meltdown or german body training and limiting my cals. After 6 weeks of this I will be alot leaner, in great shape, and will have significantly increased my mitochondrial density.

After this priming period I want to start a strength/mass phase. I’ll increae my cals and lift heavier with fewer reps/sets. I want to maintain a low bodyfat level and increase strength…any mass gain is welcome but is not my number one goal- I mainly want an athletic, functional physique.

Here are my questions:

1. I’m considering doing the Don’t Diet diet for the first phase of my plan. Wise? I’ll rotate 2 days of 500 cals below maintenance with 500 cals above maintenance (I won’t be multiplying my cals by .85). How do I determine my macronutrient ratios? Would I do this through a blood glucose tolerance test, as outlined in massive eating?

2. I bought all the blood glucose test materials, but can’t find the glucose solution. I did, however, find some gel for diabetics meant to quickly increase blood sugar. Could I use this instead? How much?

3. What would be a good workout for my second phase? I liked the idea of Poliquin’s Maximal Weights workout, but am not sure how to adapt it for full body, as the article was just written for arms…

Thanks

So you didn’t bother to learn anything from your previous thread at all?

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1286057&pageNo=0#1288704

Yes. I learned that I should get down to closer to 8-10% before bulking, and not 5% (which would be unrealistic given my current composition).

[quote]solidgk wrote:
Hello,Here are my questions:

1. I’m considering doing the Don’t Diet diet for the first phase of my plan. Wise? I’ll rotate 2 days of 500 cals below maintenance with 500 cals above maintenance (I won’t be multiplying my cals by .85). How do I determine my macronutrient ratios? Would I do this through a blood glucose tolerance test, as outlined in massive eating? [/quote]

I wouldnt not do that zig zag BS drop the k/cals 250 to start and aim to lose if thats the goal. The dont diet diet di you read it. It more about timing etc of the macros and total intake then it is a specific macro profile. set the k/cals time the food right eat good whole foods and the combos and your golden.

if worried about macros the two id pay attention to would be protein at least at 1g per LB and fat between .4-,6 per lb fill in the rest with carbs timed right and from proper sources.

[quote]
2. I bought all the blood glucose test materials, but can’t find the glucose solution. I did, however, find some gel for diabetics meant to quickly increase blood sugar. Could I use this instead? How much?[/quote]

That should be the stuff but just go to the pharmacy and ask them for the right stuff.

By the way I hope your getting stage ready or something getting this damn anal about your diet your causing a lot of undue stress and complicating things just to drop to 10%

[quote]
3. What would be a good workout for my second phase? I liked the idea of Poliquin’s Maximal Weights workout, but am not sure how to adapt it for full body, as the article was just written for arms…

Thanks[/quote]

One you will stcik to and do consistantly and with intensity.

Hope that helps,
Phill

I did read the Don’t Diet Diet…and do understand it. However, JB says it is just a lower calorie version of Massive Eating, which is based on macronutrient ratio. Also, the meltdown article recommends 500± calories on certain days.

[quote]solidgk wrote:
I did read the Don’t Diet Diet…and do understand it. However, JB says it is just a lower calorie version of Massive Eating, which is based on macronutrient ratio. Also, the meltdown article recommends 500± calories on certain days. [/quote]

Yes still ME and Dont Diet is more about the choices and timing of foods then about the acros. like I stated if you nail the protein level and fat level then its simple math to figure the carbs and from there its just timing the carbs.

OK and the melt down. Well then its not really dont die4t diet its meltdown mixed dont diet hybrid something a rather. I have tried various cycling etc diet and just find IMO its more simple, less damn stress, to simply diet set a nioce elevel that has you losing and stick to it. thatup down crap simply IM just complicates things and is no more effective.

If doing anything I like to add a refeed ( cheat meal or day) once or twice a week. This IMO more for snaity and a break then any real metabolic advantage. Though for some odd reason I do usually lose weight after a huge rcheat meal of Junk.

Just giving My opinion and trying to help.

In the long run IMO keep it simple and effective.
Phill