JB: A History Lesson?

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]BPCorso wrote:

But when certain factions of the Iranian government PAYS and buses in poor rural people to shout “Death to Israel, Death to America” it’s front page fucking news.[/quote]

Yes, I’m sure that’s all it is.

A few poor people bused in.

All the other Iranians love Jews.

Uh huh.

Funny how I got a different story from my Iranian ex-wife of 7 years (born / raised in Tehran & Shiraz).
[/quote]

Come on man, that wasn’t even what I was implying in that post. But your post is kind of corroborating my point. You use your ex-wife as an anecdotal example, of one data point. I’m sure there are plenty of people who had a white/black/whatever ex-wife that didn’t like Jews. But since you had an experience with one Iranian lady who didn’t like Jews, we’re all anti-Semites. That’s horse crap. I have lots of Jewish friends, have Jewish family, and have defended Israel’s right to exist peacefully in other threads on this forum. I’m just as valid as a data point as your ex-wife.

Look I’m done with this so feel free to have the last word. I wanted to offer my perspective on a historical event and some general history as a rebuttal to an earlier post. I never intended to get in a discussion like this, and it really sucks being the only person on one side of a debate. And I sincerely apologize to Mufasa for derailing the thread.

…And I sincerely apologize to Mufasa for derailing the thread…

BPCorso:

People who post great information that we all can learn from (like you, JB, Push, Thunderbolt, smh. and MANY others) never have to worry about “hijacking” any thread I may have started.

Also; one point or discussion may just naturally lead into another.

So; no problems!

Mufasa

[quote]BPCorso wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
So, just to clarify BPCorso: you think an off-the-cuff, one sentence aside to a post is actually a distortion of historical events and warrants a wall of text to correct and subsequent posts to reiterate and expand? Because I think at most an off-the-cuff comment is a goof. JB of all people knows his history. And especially the history of his own damned religion and people.[/quote]

I know he knows his history. I say in my first response to JB “I’m sure you know this but most don’t”. He also brought up the history of my people, and I felt compelled to respond and offer my perspective since I see Iranian history getting shit on and distorted all the time. I apologize for writing too many lines, but that’s it.[/quote]

Didn’t realize your ancestry. I saw it clearly hit a nerve in the first post, but that makes more sense now.

And you may have a point, I just read that and thought “throw-away, semi-snark line” and don’t look at it as a position statement (and of course, that means that I don’t think anybody else should take that as a position statement worth debating). But of course I’m at a distance.