Jays Bicep

Jay tore his left biceps about two weeks out during a shoot for the supplement co. he is sponsored by, it was not a complete tear and it was a slow bleed it took several weeks for the bleeding do saturate the tissues and come to the surface the constant stess caused by the posing aggravated it even more and made the brusing appear more eveident as the evening went on.

The bicep tore up close to the shoulder instead of dowm by the elbow simialar to Lee Preists tear as it primarily affected only one head his functionality and shape wasnt greatly affected.

None of the above is unusual especialy in a man of Jay’s size bruising is not always immediate nor is there always extreme deformity. As far as why it happened there are far to many variables to guess but the main and obvious cause is the depleted state he was in, most injuries occur precontest.

And quite frankly doesn’t even have to be caused by anything horrific or dubious in nature my own father tore his bicep reaching back to pull a seat belt down, I have seen people rupture a disc in there back picking a newspaper off the coffee table its just fate sometimes, extreme angles of pull, accidents, micro tears that spread out etc.

In this case you have a nehemouth of a man picking up a set of dumbbells from the part of the rack you dream of lifting from during precontest prep and his bicep gave way its a horrible thing to happen but extremely unfair to judge or speculate on especially when its cause in reality is so far from suspect.

[quote]Bodyguard wrote:
Jay tore his left biceps about two weeks out during a shoot for the supplement co. he is sponsored by, it was not a complete tear and it was a slow bleed it took several weeks for the bleeding do saturate the tissues and come to the surface the constant stess caused by the posing aggravated it even more and made the brusing appear more eveident as the evening went on.

The bicep tore up close to the shoulder instead of dowm by the elbow simialar to Lee Preists tear as it primarily affected only one head his functionality and shape wasnt greatly affected.

None of the above is unusual especialy in a man of Jay’s size bruising is not always immediate nor is there always extreme deformity. As far as why it happened there are far to many variables to guess but the main and obvious cause is the depleted state he was in, most injuries occur precontest.

And quite frankly doesn’t even have to be caused by anything horrific or dubious in nature my own father tore his bicep reaching back to pull a seat belt down, I have seen people rupture a disc in there back picking a newspaper off the coffee table its just fate sometimes, extreme angles of pull, accidents, micro tears that spread out etc.

In this case you have a nehemouth of a man picking up a set of dumbbells from the part of the rack you dream of lifting from during precontest prep and his bicep gave way its a horrible thing to happen but extremely unfair to judge or speculate on especially when its cause in reality is so far from suspect.[/quote]

/thread… seems the most likely scenario

I agree. I don’t think people get how easy it is to tear a muscle when it is big enough that one simple reflex contraction could tear it from bone. These are issues you don’t have to worry about when your arms are under 18" around. Some guy with 22" arms jerks out of the way to swat a mosquito and the force generated from it is nowhere near what most here put into a biceps curl.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I agree. I don’t think people get how easy it is to tear a muscle when it is big enough that one simple reflex contraction could tear it from bone. These are issues you don’t have to worry about when your arms are under 18" around. Some guy with 22" arms jerks out of the way to swat a mosquito and the force generated from it is nowhere near what most here put into a biceps curl.[/quote]

Somewhat agree. I find it sad that when a muscle gains enough strength it becomes in someway extremely fragile.

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:

I agree. I don’t think people get how easy it is to tear a muscle when it is big enough that one simple reflex contraction could tear it from bone. These are issues you don’t have to worry about when your arms are under 18" around. Some guy with 22" arms jerks out of the way to swat a mosquito and the force generated from it is nowhere near what most here put into a biceps curl.[/quote]

Somewhat agree. I find it sad that when a muscle gains enough strength it becomes in someway extremely fragile.[/quote]

I’ve strained muscle groups from sneezing before. I can only imagine if I looked like Cutler. I would almost say it is simply a matter of time when you will get a tear when you get to be that size instead of IF.

Most of the pros on stage have had an injury like that. Freeman fucked his chest up years back.

In b4 “unfunctional size”

lol @ sneeze strains

i retracted, now i’ll un-retract…he fucked up w/ his injections got the one arm ok but poked a vein w/ oil on the other side.

big deal…he’s a beast, he’s in an exclusive club w/ includes dorian, ronnie, arnie, and lee. he’s the low man on that list but it’s still a nice club.

It doesn’t take much if you have a lot of explosive power. I did mine sweeping out a 160lb guys leg while sparring. Too much force in the snap and the minute my forearm hit his ankle it tore. Might as well have been a brick wall.

[quote]23278 wrote:

It doesn’t take much if you have a lot of explosive power. I did mine sweeping out a 160lb guys leg while sparring. Too much force in the snap and the minute my forearm hit his ankle it tore. Might as well have been a brick wall.[/quote]

I tore my triceps by trying to catch my bike as it was falling over…after training chest and triceps really heavy. It was a reflex action and the jerk just tore it. Luckily it wasn’t a complete tear.

This is why I spend so much time warming up.

The bigger and stronger you get, the greater the risk.

It doesn’t mean you did something wrong or stupid.

[quote]23278 wrote:

It doesn’t take much if you have a lot of explosive power. I did mine sweeping out a 160lb guys leg while sparring. Too much force in the snap and the minute my forearm hit his ankle it tore. Might as well have been a brick wall.[/quote]

I tore my triceps by trying to catch my bike as it was falling over…after training chest and triceps really heavy. It was a reflex action and the jerk just tore it. Luckily it wasn’t a complete tear.

This is why I spend so much time warming up.

The bigger and stronger you get, the greater the risk.

It doesn’t mean you did something wrong or stupid.[/quote]

I’m WAY smaller than X or Jay, and even I partially tore my right biceps 6 years ago… just from picking up a concrete yard fountain (weighed less than 100 lbs) really fast.

i concur tears happen fairly easy. we’re talking about jay’s bicep though fellas, lets keep the thread on track.

i’m about to make some lunch…mmmm…any ideas on which type of oil to grease the pan with? i’ve got coconut oil, sesame oil, olive oil, peanut oil…which will make my food pop out the most? er, uh i mean which will be the best for cooking it?

i concur tears happen fairly easy. we’re talking about jay’s bicep though fellas, lets keep the thread on track.

i’m about to make some lunch…mmmm…any ideas on which type of oil to grease the pan with? i’ve got coconut oil, sesame oil, olive oil, peanut oil…which will make my food pop out the most? er, uh i mean which will be the best for cooking it?

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:

i’m about to make some lunch…mmmm…any ideas on which type of oil to grease the pan with? i’ve got coconut oil, sesame oil, olive oil, peanut oil…which will make my food pop out the most? er, uh i mean which will be the best for cooking it?[/quote]
Keep the thread on track for what, your opinion?

Lol

i’m just home for lunch, eating, figured i’d stir this shit a little. i could care less. it is my opinion that he didn’t tear his fucking bicep but i’ve already mentioned jay is a good dude, ulitimately i don’t care. people think my favorite bodybuilder is gay and bangs tropical fruit. it was a one time thing. additionally, because he poses to gayish music and does handstands in thong like suits he’s likes two hot dogs one bun.

BB is already a freak show so positive spins and PR are needed, cannot come out and say well additional to the pharm factory pumping through my system as a representative to bodybuilding i also botched while injecting site inhancement oil into my arm.

as discussed in the oympia thread, there is alot of stories to be created and sphere of influence type of shit in bodybuilding, not like other sports whereby a governing body ponies up and pays.

it would be like outside entities, let’s say lobbying groups being responsible for the incomes of our elected officials, you can see how that might end up being a terrible thing if it ever happened right? oh, wait.

last bite of food, shit before I leave, no time to rub one out on the fly, it’s ok because tonite is legs and i need the tension, cannot go training all mellow and shit.

Jay said the tear happened ~3 weeks out from the show.

This is 3days out, does it look to you ppl like he has a tear ? Apart from the color? No.

[quote]zraw wrote:

This is 3days out, does it look to you ppl like he has a tear ? Apart from the color? No.[/quote]

Didn’t he come in second?

Why are people still arguing about it? Unless someone has a medical exam they can quote, this is all speculation. A tear may look completely different when dried out on stage. He could also have fucked up a site injection. Either way, you don’t seem to know for sure just like no one else does.

Either way, he ain’t “Mr. O” right now.

“biceps

Examples:

“Jay’s biceps

“Jay’s left biceps looked all fucked up during the Mr. O.”

“I wonder what happened to Jay’s left biceps.”

This has been a public service announcement.

Jayis still the most popular BBer competing and it’s not even close. It shouldn’t be surprising that people are still discussing his physique in the 2011 Mr. O.

[quote]zraw wrote:

This is 3days out, does it look to you ppl like he has a tear ? Apart from the color? No.[/quote]

LOL - what do you mean “apart from the color” as if that isn’t a huge factor in speculating if there was a tear or not. The color of his left biceps looks off in that picture.