Jay at 22...

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
May be off topic from thread:
I’ve watched a video on MD of him getting massages on a regular basis and it showed a shot of him getting his legs massaged. It really stuck out at me how big his (and bodybuilder’s) legs really are.

I was going to say him at 15 probably looks bigger than most here. Hell, he destroys me.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
If the black and white is him at 22 years old that is a 7 year difference. I do not know what age he started taking steroids but 7 years is a long ass time to gain to 260lbs+. NOT saying steroids was the only factor that helped him get there but other things such as genetics, nutrition, and hard work goes a long way. [/quote]

Jay has said in interviews that he grew simply by walking around in the same neighborhood as a gym. Maybe he was greatly exaggerating, who knows. But he’s also said that he doesnt train his legs are hard as possible because they’ll grow too fast and overpower his upperbody

Id bet that if he never lifted weights in his life he’d be much bigger than most people. [/quote]

[/quote]

God it took me a while and lots of awkward staring to figure out that that was his ass, lol. Though since it was mentioned that he doesn’t train his legs as hard, it makes one wonder how big they would be if he did.

[quote]A Ninny Mouse wrote:
God it took me a while and lots of awkward staring to figure out that that was his ass, lol[/quote]

Observational fail.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
May be off topic from thread:
I’ve watched a video on MD of him getting massages on a regular basis and it showed a shot of him getting his legs massaged. It really stuck out at me how big his (and bodybuilder’s) legs really are.

I was going to say him at 15 probably looks bigger than most here. Hell, he destroys me.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
If the black and white is him at 22 years old that is a 7 year difference. I do not know what age he started taking steroids but 7 years is a long ass time to gain to 260lbs+. NOT saying steroids was the only factor that helped him get there but other things such as genetics, nutrition, and hard work goes a long way. [/quote]

Jay has said in interviews that he grew simply by walking around in the same neighborhood as a gym. Maybe he was greatly exaggerating, who knows. But he’s also said that he doesnt train his legs are hard as possible because they’ll grow too fast and overpower his upperbody

Id bet that if he never lifted weights in his life he’d be much bigger than most people. [/quote]

[/quote]

God it took me a while and lots of awkward staring to figure out that that was his ass, lol. Though since it was mentioned that he doesn’t train his legs as hard, it makes one wonder how big they would be if he did. [/quote]

I think thats his quad. And the area under the elbow of the person is his knee. The MD videos really give a good perspective of how big a 35" inch leg is when a normal persons hands are next to them.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]wigsa wrote:
Can someone please answer why there was so much hype around Trey Brewer at age 22?I mean,he didn’t look anywhere near as good as Jay does there.Jay completely pisses all over Trey.I’ve never heard of Jay looking like this so young until right now.Puts Trey’s lack of fulfillment of potential to shame.[/quote]

…because there had been a huge lag in participation by people in that age group over the last 10 years. By focusing on him and others like him, they ushered in the newer era we see now where things are pretty much like they were in the early 90’s as far as names to watch out for.[/quote]

Makes sense.What do you make of him Prof??

[quote]wigsa wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]wigsa wrote:
Can someone please answer why there was so much hype around Trey Brewer at age 22?I mean,he didn’t look anywhere near as good as Jay does there.Jay completely pisses all over Trey.I’ve never heard of Jay looking like this so young until right now.Puts Trey’s lack of fulfillment of potential to shame.[/quote]

…because there had been a huge lag in participation by people in that age group over the last 10 years. By focusing on him and others like him, they ushered in the newer era we see now where things are pretty much like they were in the early 90’s as far as names to watch out for.[/quote]

Makes sense.What do you make of him Prof??[/quote]

Of Trey? That he has the genetics to be a freak like Rhul but he is torn between listening to millions of people on the internet and his own goals. he tried to be more aesthetic and dropped some of the size he was known for…which was a mistake. He is not built well. He never was so his game should be to just become the freak he is.

People focused on him just like they focused on Wolf…they are still looking for their “blond bomber” and they know Cutler won’t be there much longer. Cutler said himself his goal was to be done competing before the age of 35 many years ago. He went back on that when he thought he could win the O.

Brewer is taking a lot of time off from competing now to make the improvements he needs to make. Working with Hany Rambod should help. He said that Hany isnt letting him get up past 270 ish in the offseasn. At one point he was 320+.

His BSN contract forced him to do shows even though he should have been focusing on adding muscle instead of dieting down twice a year. He’s not with BSN anymore though so maybe that will be a good thing.

I think he ruined himself a good 2 years when he went on that ridiculous bulk,up to 330 or 340.In his first show back I was expecting to see a pro physique but he looked incredibly amateur,dunno how he still managed to pull 4th out of the bag.

Ruhl,now THERE’S a freak.

[quote]wigsa wrote:
I think he ruined himself a good 2 years when he went on that ridiculous bulk,up to 330 or 340.In his first show back I was expecting to see a pro physique but he looked incredibly amateur,dunno how he still managed to pull 4th out of the bag.

Ruhl,now THERE’S a freak.[/quote]

??

Bulking up did NOT hurt him. Dieting down as fast as he did is what hurt him. There are tons of guys OVER 300lbs in the off season. You just don’t see pics of them because they don’t usually pose when in their worst condition.

Check this, why do you think I am taking my time dropping weight? Trey tried dropping something like over 60lbs in 2-3 months. While he pulled it off, he lost too much size and dropping that quickly doesn’t allow you much time to assess any weak areas.

Bottom line, he needed about two years OFF from the public eye once he first hit the scene to just pack on size.

All of the guys who ripped on him for bulking up are part of the reason he failed…by him trying to please all of them.

You don’t become a freak like that without bulking up. Most just know not to post pics when at their fattest if they don’t want every keyboard warrior to only focus on how much fat you are carrying.

He has a good trainer now so we will see what he can do.

[quote]3hitter wrote:
???[/quote]

That’s a fuckin BIG 15 year old.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:

God it took me a while and lots of awkward staring to figure out that that was his ass, lol[/quote]

Observational fail. [/quote]

I hope someday I have enough separation in my quad muscles for other people to think it’s an ass crack, lol.

Damnit. That’s his THIGH? Gawd… I swear the knee looked like the crease of a knee… jeebus. Only now do I truly understand how ridiculous those thighs are… jeebus.

…is it gay if no matter how many times I look at it, it still looks like a massive man-ass to me?

EDIT: Watched the MD video. Seeing it in motion as opposed to some still pic makes things SO much clearer. You really don’t appreciate how massive these guys are until you see them next to normal people… Jay’s calves were dwarfing that girl stretching him.

…is it gay if no matter how many times I look at it, it still looks like a massive man-ass to me?[/quote]

If you spend time worrying about if you’re gay or not, you’re probably gay.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:

Observational fail. [/quote]

I hope someday I have enough separation in my quad muscles for other people to think it’s an ass crack, lol.[/quote]

If so, the masseuse may be thumbing his butt hole! Anyways, yeah it’s a good shot. I spent 10mins trying to get that screen shot (video loading) so I had to put it up.

Like Bonze said, the hands really puts it in better perspective.

There is a great extended video of 18 year old Branch vs 19 year old Jay. Unfortunately it is on a web site that sells supplement so I can’t link it. It is not on you tube. Google the correct phase and bang there it is. Sorry.

I also think many pros have diff reasons for not doing shoots when their all bloated up in the off season. its called contracts. how are you gonna make a skinny ass 16 year old buy N.O. Xplode if he actually find outs that maybe its not the “secret” and figures out that this bodybuilder he aspires to be like had to actually gain a bunch of weight to get big. might make the kid want to eat instead of spend 40 bucks on some supp that will give him a pump / “lean mass gains”

[quote]3hitter wrote:
There is a great extended video of 18 year old Branch vs 19 year old Jay. Unfortunately it is on a web site that sells supplement so I can’t link it. It is not on you tube. Google the correct phase and bang there it is. Sorry.[/quote]

Is this it?

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:
Who is wierd filipino midget he elbows through?[/quote]

That’s what I was was wondering too…

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]3hitter wrote:
There is a great extended video of 18 year old Branch vs 19 year old Jay. Unfortunately it is on a web site that sells supplement so I can’t link it. It is not on you tube. Google the correct phase and bang there it is. Sorry.[/quote]

Is this it?

[/quote]

Bingo!! I suck at video…

I can’t believe Jay didn’t win.

I agree with the general consensus that Jays hair back then looked better than it does now. But then again I like the trashy big hair look from the 80s on girls so wtf would I know.