Jason Ferruggia?

[quote]pete458 wrote:
He uses full body, two way splits and even 3 way splits. He does include isolation exercises in his programs, he’s just saying that people focus too much on them while forgetting the compound exercises but he does prefer some isolation exercises over others for e.g. barbell curls over concentration curls, pushdowns over kickbacks etc.

And lastly, he does use machines like leg press and hack squats. Most of his training principles are sound and if I remember correctly are similar to that of Dorian Yates (low volume, short and intense workouts etc). Too bad he’s a vegan now though :wink:

I think that it is funny how these internet experts bash other peoples training programs especially “bodybuilders”, as they focus to much on isolation exercises. I really don’t know anyone that trains that way, look at youtube at all of the strong as hell bodybuilder throwing around huge weight on compound exercises.

Even one of my favorite powerlifters “Kroc” does somewhat of a bodypart split. I think some bodybuilders are some the strongest guy around. Bodybuilders and there training methods are an easy target for but I don’t see the evidence that there methods are so bad.[/quote]

Have any links to Kroc’s training? I only know of his log on ElitsFTS.com

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
Muscle gaining secrets? Lol. Waste of money. Buy a real book instead.

I was very disappointed with it. As a newbie. Sooo.

There are a LOT of complaints on the internet about that book.[/quote]

I purchased “Muscle Gaining Secret” and have to say I wasn’t impressed with the FIRST version (because of the low quality), BUT he revised and released another 4 versions of the ebook and would always make them available for FREE to anyone who purchased a previous version.

The last version is solid in terms of content and layout.

If I had to name another system comparable to his it would be DC. The are very similar in terms of frequency, volume, and extreme stretching. MGS differs when it comes to diet, rep range (at least in MGS, but JF suggests a reps range closer to DC for experienced lifters) and blast/cruise phases.

He also has appears, in his writings, to have a tremendous amount of respect for Yates and he often seems to draw inspiration from Arnold, so I really don’t think he dislikes bodybuilding.

He might not have the ultimate program (but seriously - who does?), but it’s basic and solid.

[quote]The Austrian Oak wrote:
If you read his stuff he HATES machines and claims to never of had a leg press in his gym.

[/quote]

From his site:

“Some guys would probably actually be better off doing extremely high rep sets on a machine. Although we have never had a leg press in my gym this is the one situation where I would actually use it.

BTW: What’s the point of this thread? You started off asking about him, yet you seem to have your mind made up. If that’s the case, why bother?

[quote]Kaizen514 wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
Muscle gaining secrets? Lol. Waste of money. Buy a real book instead.

I was very disappointed with it. As a newbie. Sooo.

There are a LOT of complaints on the internet about that book.

I purchased “Muscle Gaining Secret” and have to say I wasn’t impressed with the FIRST version (because of the low quality), BUT he revised and released another 4 versions of the ebook and would always make them available for FREE to anyone who purchased a previous version.

The last version is solid in terms of content and layout.

If I had to name another system comparable to his it would be DC. The are very similar in terms of frequency, volume, and extreme stretching. MGS differs when it comes to diet, rep range (at least in MGS, but JF suggests a reps range closer to DC for experienced lifters) and blast/cruise phases.

He also has appears, in his writings, to have a tremendous amount of respect for Yates and he often seems to draw inspiration from Arnold, so I really don’t think he dislikes bodybuilding.

He might not have the ultimate program (but seriously - who does?), but it’s basic and solid. [/quote]

Maybe I should download the latest version. I had up to like the 3rd version. I still wasn’t pleased at all. I learned more from internet gurus. Literally.

[quote]The Austrian Oak wrote:
Eielson wrote:
The Austrian Oak wrote:
claims his methods are superior for gaining a lot of muscle.

That is how you sell things.

Also, many of his principles are the same retarded things we hear parroted by the skinny new guys on here that claim to know it all.

I wouldn’t exactly call him a skinny guy. I haven’t seen too many pictures of him, but I believe he is fairly muscular in the 240 range.

I’ve met him.

He couldn’t have been over 200lbs
[/quote]

Depends on when you are talking about.

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
Maybe I should download the latest version. I had up to like the 3rd version. I still wasn’t pleased at all. I learned more from internet gurus. Literally.[/quote]

Version 4 isn’t much different than 3, so you probably still won’t be pleased.

If you don’t mind me asking, what about his material did you not like? And which internet gurus have you learned more from?

[quote]Kaizen514 wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
Maybe I should download the latest version. I had up to like the 3rd version. I still wasn’t pleased at all. I learned more from internet gurus. Literally.

Version 4 isn’t much different than 3, so you probably still won’t be pleased.

If you don’t mind me asking, what about his material did you not like? And which internet gurus have you learned more from?

[/quote]

For one, the book was more of a “Do this and you’ll get big, don’t ask questions” kind of book.

Over all the book had a bad flow to it and seemed rather unprofessional, to me, also.

If I were to spend money on a book, I’d much rather buy one of Thib’s books. They are much more professional and also explain the why.

Thib is better, but that doesn’t mean Ferruggia is just some joke.