Jason Blaha - Banned from Gym

I saw today that Jason Blaha, aka Icecream fitness, has had some trouble today:

1. His gym membership was revoked - Apparently this was for being open about steroid use and giving advice.

Appears being a liar is the better option in this industry? Nothing new there.

1. He was banned from bb.com for comments relating to his ongoing argument with Layne Norton.

I have to say that Layne has not been an angel on this and he should have pushed for a debate like intellectuals/science dudes.

I don’t think either of these 2 situations send the right message. The guy is not peddling any products, but was giving out some good information, answering questions, encouraging more honesty and helping offer realistic expectations. You need characters like Jason in the mix to help people ask their own questions.

Any thoughts?

lol

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
lol[/quote]

x2

Oh fantastic. Another fitness ‘feud’.

Why don’t these guys do it in the style of a 1990s rap battle or something?

1 Like

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

This guy? Never heard of him until this thread - seems like a smarmy douchebag who doesn’t even look like he lifts.

That’s what I came away with from watching that video. Perhaps I’m wrong, but based on that - yea seems like just another dickhead trying to make a name for himself by being “controversial”.

Laughable…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

This guy? Never heard of him until this thread - seems like a smarmy douchebag who doesn’t even look like he lifts.

That’s what I came away with from watching that video. Perhaps I’m wrong, but based on that - yea seems like just another dickhead trying to make a name for himself by being “controversial”.

Laughable… [/quote]

I can see how you can get that impression. I hope this will help clarify some of your thoughts.

Jason is on the return from 2.5 years of ill health (1 year bedridden) where he became obese. He even had to walk with a cane for a long time. Video below gives a summary of his story, but good to see a person return to the iron game after ill health. His return is now focused on powerlifting rather than bodybuilding and so that is not the best for aesthetics.

His YouTube channel is actually very good. Giving mostly quality information based on science (he has a PhD in exercise science). This includes discussing supplementation (he is a minimalist) and he offers a novice routine (basically 5x5). He is also a bit too honest for his own good.

He started some videos on realistic expectations and fake naturals. I think it was a brave stance to make, but it has developed to quite a storm.

Overall, I think he is more a positive influence. Everybody has their faults.

1 Like

[quote]naxis wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

Laughable… [/quote]

I can see how you can get that impression. I hope this will help clarify some of your thoughts.

Jason is on the return from 2.5 years of ill health (1 year bedridden) where he became obese. He even had to walk with a cane for a long time. Video below gives a summary of his story, but good to see a person return to the iron game after ill health. His return is now focused on powerlifting rather than bodybuilding and so that is not the best for aesthetics.

His YouTube channel is actually very good. Giving mostly quality information based on science (he has a PhD in exercise science). This includes discussing supplementation (he is a minimalist) and he offers a novice routine (basically 5x5). He is also a bit too honest for his own good.

He started some videos on realistic expectations and fake naturals. I think it was a brave stance to make, but it has developed to quite a storm.

Overall, I think he is more a positive influence. Everybody has their faults.[/quote]

Eh - if you start this kind of shit, expect to get it back in spades. Poor health or not, he still comes across like just another shit talking asshole looking to start problems and create negativity.

Which is something that I personally don’t find to be an admirable quality…

He needs to get a life

Would be a lot more useful if he named the drugs the guys in the last pictures were using. They looked awesome

1 Like

[quote]naxis wrote:

I don’t think either of these 2 situations send the right message. The guy is not peddling any products, but was giving out some good information, answering questions, encouraging more honesty and helping offer realistic expectations. You need characters like Jason in the mix to help people ask their own questions.

Any thoughts?

[/quote]

Yes.

If supplement companies wanted people like Ice cream what ever representing them and their products, they would have them.

As it stands, they don’t. They have juiced up guys who win BB contests, and they don’t need a guy with a Ph.D disillusioning their customer base about the potential of their products.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:
Would be a lot more useful if he named the drugs the guys in the last pictures were using. They looked awesome[/quote]
He always names drugs

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]naxis wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
- YouTube [/quote]

Laughable… [/quote]

Overall, I think he is more a positive influence. Everybody has their faults.[/quote]

Eh - if you start this kind of shit, expect to get it back in spades. Poor health or not, he still comes across like just another shit talking asshole looking to start problems and create negativity.

Which is something that I personally don’t find to be an admirable quality… [/quote]
Ah man. Why you gotta not like someone that I like?

I have something to tell you about Jason…but hold on, let me give you guys a bicep shot first…

I really love Jason and ICF. Guy is open, gives great advices, puts himself out there without any fear of being ridiculized or trashed.
He is really a breeze of fresh air and is straight up cool. Fuck you haters, he’s not the douchey non-aesthetic guy you think he is.

[quote]jeanmich wrote:
I have something to tell you about Jason…but hold on, let me give you guys a bicep shot first…

I really love Jason and ICF. Guy is open, gives great advices, puts himself out there without any fear of being ridiculized or trashed.
He is really a breeze of fresh air and is straight up cool. Fuck you haters, he’s not the douchey non-aesthetic guy you think he is.

[/quote]
Bagpuss is another story

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]naxis wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
- YouTube [/quote]

Laughable… [/quote]

Which is something that I personally don’t find to be an admirable quality… [/quote]
Ah man. Why you gotta not like someone that I like?[/quote]

Sorry bud - you can de-friend me on FB if you want! : (

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]naxis wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
- YouTube [/quote]

Laughable… [/quote]

Ah man. Why you gotta not like someone that I like?[/quote]

Sorry bud - you can de-friend me on FB if you want! : ( [/quote]
lol

Bagpuss is one hell of a monster these days. I’m having nightmares!

Looking at some videos in isolation, I can get the point of the dislikes. Videos like those get more traffic on YouTube and so it encourages that kind of of stuff. That’s giving the audience what they want.

In comparison, Will Brink did a great video on expectations. He has less than 10,000 subscribers compared to The Hodge Twins with 560,000 subscribers. Entertainment is a greater factor on YouTube than knowledge. I watch both: The Twins do make me laugh, but Will is more informative.

Having followed Jason’s videos, dropping what I don’t like with the click of a mouse, the guy has been a positive force for good for the iron game on YouTube.

People still get worked up over drugs these days? lol

Most of the top guys are using, they’re just signed to contracts worth a bit of cash and coming out as a user isn’t exactly good for the corporation. It basically says “its not our products, just his drugs”.