Jas0917 TRT Log

I just scheduled a video appointment with my doctor for tomorrow. I’m wondering what the best way to go about the appointment is.

Should just tell him I’m getting it illegally and see if he will help me with bloodwork?

Or should I tell him the clinic I was going to gave me some Test since we tried the clomid for so long with no progress… and with the coronavirus and being laid off I can’t afford to go there any longer and see if he will just prescribe it for me?

You could. How he would respond is impossible for me to say. If it’s me, I don’t think I’d go along with it though I have not been presented with that situation. What I have seen is guys doing it underground and, for whatever reason, wanted to switch. I don’t have a problem with that.

Update: Just got done with my doctor video appointment

I didn’t tell him I started injecting illegally. I told him that the clinic I was going to switched me from clomid to Test. I was expecting him to make me go into detail but he actually didn’t ask too much about it. I told him with everything going on with coronavirus and being laid off I can’t afford to go there anymore and asked if he could get me blood work so it would be covered by insurance. He’s sending me papers for blood work for my test and thyroid. I’m hoping e2 and other panels are on there as well.

He is also referring me to a Urologist that he said he sends many of his patients to. He was mentioning how I can probably get my Test and everything covered by insurance instead of out of pocket.

Needless to say the appointment seems to have gone very well. I’m just hoping this Urologist will have a clue of what he’s doing.

3 Likes

Greetings,
Wow, that sounds like your in a favourable position.
Hope it all works out with the referral and being covered by insurance. Speaking of are you in the US or some other country? How do you have insurance if you got laid off.
Best of luck.
I am also starting a log of my own. Would appreciate you dropping by.

Stay Strong

I am in the US. I have insurance because my parents own a business so I get insurance through their company. Pretty lucky when it comes to that otherwise I’d be in a tough spot right now.

Just got my bloodwork back on 150mg test e a week split between 2 doses of 75mg. It’s been about 6 weeks.

These tests are the trough. Was right before my next shot.

Test total: 988 high (250-827)
SHBG: 22 (10-50)
Test free: 216 (46-224)
Test bio: 444 (110-575)

I’m also on 110mcg levothyroxine per day

TSH: 1.97 (0.40-4.50)

My doctor didnt do e2 or any other bloods. I’m going to a urologist soon. That’s all he wanted to give me because he thinks it’s all I needed. Since he was working with me I didnt want to try and tell him I needed other bloods too. Figured I’d wait til I see the urologist he referred me to.

I’ve been feeling okay with slight improvements across the board. Nothing too dramatic. Should I just keep at this protocol I’m at currently and give it another month?

I would do that.

After another month should I have a pretty good idea of how I’ll be feeling with this protocol? Since the changes arent too noticeable (besides morning wood almost everyday) I’m considering upping my dose. But I don’t want to jump the gun when I could feel perfect in another month.

Yes, I would give it at least another month.

Just got done with my video call urologist appointment. If you scroll up you can see what my numbers were on 150mg per week.

I told him I was on 125mg per week. I was hoping he would tell me to up my dose since my symptoms have slightly improved but not that much. Then I would be prescribed what I’m taking now. Looking back I should have just told him I was taking 150mg per week but I was overthinking the situation so much since I’ve been getting it illegally lol… He said a lot of people have the same experience on clomid (good numbers, crappy feeling) and that they usually switch to injections. I told him I’ve been getting morning wood almost everyday and that I’ve had slight increases across the board with energy, feelings, etc. He said we need to look at symptoms more than numbers… then proceeds to say I should take 100mg per week since the extra 25mg is prob not doing much but raising my numbers. He prescribed me 100mg enthanate per week. He told me how to self inject (which I’ve already been doing but he doesn’t know that) and is giving me a script for 6 months which is being mailed to my house since it was cheaper to get it from a Texas pharmacy than my local pharmacy.

He said in 6 months they will check my Test, E, etc. to see if I need a dosage change.

I thought it was weird he told me to not worry about the numbers but more about my symptoms then told me to decrease my dose. TBH not exactly sure if I should listen to his advice but I’m thinking I’ll stay at 150mg per week. If the vial I get in the mail won’t cover that dose for the script length I’ll just use what I’ve been getting for the time needed.

I’m just glad it’s being officially prescribed to me so now I can legally have it on me incase I travel or something.

If I were to do a dosage change in a couple of weeks, should I go up or down? Considering I havent had much improvements it seems I should go up. But apparently some people dont do well with higher numbers. What are the signs I should be looking for on whether to lower or increase the dose?

Messaged my doctor to hopefully get some T3 free, T4 free, TPO antibodies, and T3 reverse labs. Probably won’t hear back until Monday but I don’t see why he wouldn’t order them for me. I want to see if I have hashimoto’s or if something else could be wrong with my thyroid. I haven’t felt much from the 88mcg levo to 112mcg levothyroxine increase I did. I’ve always been a light sleeper and have had iffy sleep but I’m beginning to think my thyroid needs more tuning.

The past few days I’ve been feeling kind of crappy but idk why. TRT hasn’t improved my energy much or anything else besides very slight libido and morning wood but for the past few days they have felt worse. Today after being up for 9 hours I felt extremely fatigued like I needed to nap but I pushed through so I can hopefully get a good nights sleep. Hoping it’s just my body still adjusting to TRT though it’s been about 9 weeks.

This is the response I got today from my doctor after asking for T3/T4 free, TPO antibodies, reverse T3, Vit D, and cortisol labs.

““Smart money” would say that you absolutely have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis as the cause of your hypothyroidism. However, there is no evidence that T3 would make any significant difference in health, energy, etc. If your T4 is in the normal range and your TSH is in the normal range then the rest are generally not addressed.”

He didn’t even address the fact I asked about Vit D and cortisol tests either. I also asked for a sleep study and he asked me a bunch of questions and said unless I fit the criteria it will be hard for insurance to cover it. So I’ll have to see what he says about that.

Soooo how should I go about this. Look for a new doctor? I really don’t understand why he wouldn’t still order me labs even if he believed it wasn’t an issue. I pay for insurance for a reason.

Yes.

Looks like I’ll be calling some tomorrow. Any advice on how to maybe find a better one? I was just going to go on my insurance website and find ones that take my insurance then google search their names to look for reviews. Otherwise not too sure what to do

I have Hashimoto’s and have seen a dozen of mainstream Endos and across several different states. They all say the same thing. TSH and FT4 are the only ones that matter. Ive also found this to be true, for me, but I know it’s not true for everyone. I also have not been able to get rid of my fatigue, no matter what thyroid drugs or TRT protocol I try.

If you want to go down the path of trying different protocols and medications, you’ll more than likely need to pay out of pocket. If you need helping finding a doctor, email me in my profile, I know a couple that will work with you over the phone.

Yikes so even with proper thyroid meds and TRT your fatigue and other symptoms still havent resolved? Do you have any idea of what it could be or are you just as lost as I am?

Pretty much just fatigue. A lot of symptoms resolved with TRT, proper thyroid dose, and quitting caffeine. Unfortunately fatigue is not one of them. I just feel burned out all the time. I get waves of energy, but not constant energy for productivity or even enough to be engaged in a conversation for very long. I’ve been like that my whole life though. So maybe it’s more than just hormones. I wish I knew!

The doctors offices around me that take my insurance are unfortunately not taking new patients and closed due to covid-19. So it looks like I’ll be on my own for the time being.

My main issue is fatigue. I constantly have this brain fog feeling and feel like I could take naps whenever I want despite working out 3 to 4 days a week and eating fairly clean.

Going to get TT, free T, e2, TSH, t3 free, t4 free, and t3 reverse tests out of pocket. Pisses me off I pay for insurance and STILL have to end up paying out of pocket because of incompetent doctors. Anyways any other labs you guys recommend?

Add TPO antibodies and SHBG. Direct free T isn’t necessary if you have total T and SHBG