Jared Leto Getting in Shape to Play Joker

[quote]Yogi wrote:
here come the angry bodybuilders! “Severe muscles,” “hulking out,” oh dear.

I did think that the pic of the joker looked pretty cool, though…[/quote]

LOL!

I think Jared Leto could make a great Joker…

He has that slightly unhinged, effeminate energy that is needed, or so I believe…

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Leto’s joker[/quote]

Personally can’t stand it. Just reminds me of a Hallowe’en Pride parade costume. Also, just confusing that the Joker is apparently going to an Orthodontist.

Not even sure why the Joker would ever be included in the Suicide Squad either in comics or an adaptation. It’s not like he is a team player or has enough sense of self preservation to care about threats to his life by Amanda Waller.

But I realized that this was another comic movie that wasn’t aimed at the people who read the comics after Will Smith was cast as Deadshot and Jesse Eisenburg as Lex Luthor. [/quote]

The most recent animated feature film by DC has the suicide squad on a mission in arkham assylum where Joker is locked up and causes a lot of trouble to the team.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Leto’s joker[/quote]

Personally can’t stand it. Just reminds me of a Hallowe’en Pride parade costume. Also, just confusing that the Joker is apparently going to an Orthodontist.

Not even sure why the Joker would ever be included in the Suicide Squad either in comics or an adaptation. It’s not like he is a team player or has enough sense of self preservation to care about threats to his life by Amanda Waller.

But I realized that this was another comic movie that wasn’t aimed at the people who read the comics after Will Smith was cast as Deadshot and Jesse Eisenburg as Lex Luthor. [/quote]

The most recent animated feature film by DC has the suicide squad on a mission in arkham assylum where Joker is locked up and causes a lot of trouble to the team.[/quote]

Are you agreeing with me? Hard to tell. I’ve seen it and yes, Joker isn’t on the team and he causes problems. Now maybe that’s what’s going to happen here and then, fine, but if he is just another member…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I’m not personally very familiar with Suicide Squad, so I get to avoid any potential build up or hype I guess. I do like Will Smith quite a bit as an actor, but Nolan’s films aside, DC seems to make some poor casting choices IMO.

S[/quote]

Well, here’s Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot. And yes, DC doesn’t seem to have the Marvel sense. Though Fantastic Four looks to be another mess of a film.

[/quote]

Smith works for some of the animated versions of Lawton. Like in Assault on Arkham for example. [/quote]

I don’t know about that, still pretty close to the first pic.
[/quote]

I’m just guess that that’s the direction they’re going (plus star power I guess).[/quote]
[/quote]

I hadn’t seen that photo, but I see what you mean about them going for an Assault on Arkham look. I hope they don’t go for the Killer Croc look from that one. Though Harley looked better in that than recently, less clown whore, more madcap nutball.

I actually figured they would do away with Deadshot’s costume with the full face mask. You can’t have a star in a face for any length of time on screen with them constantly tearing it off because they are out of breath, they need to see better, they want to emote, etc.

Anyway, back to the Joker, I think if they lose the tattoos which just look like someone who wants Joker themed ink in honour of the character would get and get rid of his braces or whatever that is on his teeth, you could have a good Joker. The Joker doesn’t need an X-treme Makeover to make him cool and edgy, he pretty much does that on his own.

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:
Ledger was/is overrated as the joker. I’ll be interested to see where this character goes.[/quote]

That is actually blasphemy!!

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

You can’t have a star in a face for any length of time on screen with them constantly tearing it off because they are out of breath, they need to see better, they want to emote, etc.
[/quote]

Oh, can’t you?

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

Ledger was/is overrated as the joker. I’ll be interested to see where this character goes.[/quote]

That is actually blasphemy!![/quote]

I wouldn’t go so far as to call it blasphemy, but it does rank up there with “I think Christian Bale was/is overrated as Batman”, or, “I think Hugh Jackman was/is overrated as Wolverine”, or perhaps, “I think Harrison Ford was/is overrated as Han Solo”.

The only proper response to such a statement is a half-smile of condescension tinged with pity, and a rapid change of subject.

We’ve got Marilyn Manson and lil Wayne’s love child in Leto’s Joker now we have pimped out deadshot for will Smith

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

I wouldn’t go so far as to call it blasphemy, but it does rank up there with “I think Christian Bale was/is overrated as Batman”, or, “I think Hugh Jackman was/is overrated as Wolverine”, or perhaps, “I think Harrison Ford was/is overrated as Han Solo”.

The only proper response to such a statement is a half-smile of condescension tinged with pity, and a rapid change of subject.[/quote]

You two need to go find a tent on broke back mountain. (insert joker laugh)

Ledger was never in the class of actor you referenced.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

The only proper response to such a statement is a half-smile of condescension tinged with pity, and a rapid change of subject.[/quote]

[/quote]

Only reason ledger gets the praise he does is because he died, same thing happened when Lee died during the crow

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

I’m not personally very familiar with Suicide Squad, so I get to avoid any potential build up or hype I guess. I do like Will Smith quite a bit as an actor, but Nolan’s films aside, DC seems to make some poor casting choices IMO.

S[/quote]

Well, here’s Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot. And yes, DC doesn’t seem to have the Marvel sense. Though Fantastic Four looks to be another mess of a film.

[/quote]

Smith works for some of the animated versions of Lawton. Like in Assault on Arkham for example. [/quote]

I don’t know about that, still pretty close to the first pic.
[/quote]

I’m just guess that that’s the direction they’re going (plus star power I guess).[/quote]
[/quote]

I hadn’t seen that photo, but I see what you mean about them going for an Assault on Arkham look. I hope they don’t go for the Killer Croc look from that one. Though Harley looked better in that than recently, less clown whore, more madcap nutball.

I actually figured they would do away with Deadshot’s costume with the full face mask. You can’t have a star in a face for any length of time on screen with them constantly tearing it off because they are out of breath, they need to see better, they want to emote, etc.

Anyway, back to the Joker, I think if they lose the tattoos which just look like someone who wants Joker themed ink in honour of the character would get and get rid of his braces or whatever that is on his teeth, you could have a good Joker. The Joker doesn’t need an X-treme Makeover to make him cool and edgy, he pretty much does that on his own.
[/quote]

Agree on all points.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

You can’t have a star in a face for any length of time on screen with them constantly tearing it off because they are out of breath, they need to see better, they want to emote, etc.
[/quote]

Oh, can’t you?[/quote]

What’ his name isn’t really a star though (Karl urban, right?).

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

[/quote]

Only reason ledger gets the praise he does is because he died, same thing happened when Lee died during the crow[/quote]

Or because his version of the Joker is pretty damn good. Personally I think Mark Hamill’s Joker is also top notch. Nicholson, West, etc… are okay.

I’m sure most of you guys saw the pic on social media a week or so ago with Leto sporting the short green hair, banged up teeth, and tatted here n there.

Personally, I thought it looked pretty damn good when compared to certain comic book incarnations of the character.

S[/quote]
He is 43? Damn I did not know that.

I don’t think Leto will be bad as Joker. For those mentioning the teeth, this could take place after Batman knocked them all out in one of the comics if they are following a specific story (can’t remember which one- Killing Joke?). I feel like Joker would DEFINITELY put the effort to get his teeth back since a toothless grin wouldn’t fly with him.

I also think, like all the other pics they’ve “leaked” of him, this may be another way to throw people off- perhaps he never has his shirt off they just chose to do something like this to fuck with people. Like the camera one from the killing joke that looked absolutely nothing like the actual Joker here.

Leto actually has the build that is more true to Joker than Ledger or Nicholson ever did. He’s supposed to look like this frail little lanky thing. And I think he can pull off the sadistic smile and laugh with no problem.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[/quote]

Oh, can’t you?[/quote]

Half mask, not full, and there are exceptions. Like Michael Fassbender in Frank. But go look at ones with full masks, like Spider-Man, he works real hard to remove that mask whenever he can. Even the Flash seems to pull it off all the time on the new series.

And I am not saying they should do that, just that it happens. Actors want their faces on screen, not a mask. Which worries me for Deadpool…

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

[/quote]

Only reason ledger gets the praise he does is because he died, same thing happened when Lee died during the crow[/quote]

I would clarify that by saying that the only reason he gets as much praise is that he died. His performance was being talked about quite heavily when the film came out and plenty of imitations around(spoof on the Office, etc)

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I’m sure most of you guys saw the pic on social media a week or so ago with Leto sporting the short green hair, banged up teeth, and tatted here n there.

Personally, I thought it looked pretty damn good when compared to certain comic book incarnations of the character.

S[/quote]
He is 43? Damn I did not know that.[/quote]

I was surprised at that fact as well. The guy looks like he’s in his late 20s!

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

We’ve got Marilyn Manson and lil Wayne’s love child in Leto’s Joker now we have pimped out deadshot for will Smith[/quote]

Dead god. Well, if they go with Harley with her current look of clown whore, maybe she needs a pimp.

Also sad that the link you posted had the author making the comment that this was Deadshot with two eyes so probably a flashback, obviously confusing Deathstroke and Deadshot.