Japanese Speaking T-Nation Members?

I was born in Japan and I speak fluent Japanese. I was wondering if anyone in the forums speak Japanese also? To keep up with the language actually.

Arigato Gozaimasu

hai
wasabi
sake

haha. not quite what i was looking for… its alright.

gohan.
shoyu.
sushi.?

watashi no namae wa hangerbaby desu?

Shit - I can hardly speak English and I was born here. Some fucking chance I have with Japanese!

Suteki da ne, arigato, hentai is pretty much what i can speak. I’m taking japanese up at school next year though.

PimpBot5000�?��??�??�?��??. �??�?��?��?���?�?��?��??�?��??�??�??�?��??�??�?��??�??�??�??�??話��?�??�??�?��??�?��??�??�?��?��??�??�??�?��??�?���?話�?�議��?�?��??�??�??�??�?��?��??�??�??T-Nation �??�??�??�??�??�??

�?��??�??�??�?��??�??��?

�??

Ah crap. Guess this site doesn’t recognize my kanji does it?

Anyway yeah I’m a pretty decent speaker. Not 100% fluent but I get by well enough to work here. Welcome to T-Nation

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
PimpBot5000�?��??�??�?��??. �??�?��?��?���?�?��?��??�?��??�??�??�?��??�??�?��??�??�??�??�??話��?�??�??�?��??�?��??�??�?��?��??�??�??�?��??�?���?話�?�議��?�?��??�??�??�??�?��?��??�??�??T-Nation �??�??�??�??�??�??

�?��??�??�??�?��??�??��?

�??[/quote]

I understood that! You pervert!

I have lived here for 6 years, have married into the culture, own businesses here, and yes, I speak, read and write Japanese.

Of course, if you were born in Japan and speak the language I’m certain you speak it better than I do, as Japanese is one of those languages few people can really master to the same degree as a native speaker will unless he was born there.

Unfortunately, I fear this thread is going to be pretty short lived unless we start talking about sushi again. And it’s a shame because rarely do I find a thread that is absolutely made for me. You need to add something really contentious to keep it going.

Sorekara koko de kanji de utenai no ha mendoukusai yo ne. Kanji mo yomeru?

[quote]Cortes wrote:
I have lived here for 6 years, have married into the culture, own businesses here, and yes, I speak, read and write Japanese. Of course, if you were born in Japan and speak the language I’m certain you speak it better than I do, as Japanese is one of those languages few people can really master to the same degree as a native speaker will unless he was born there.

Unfortunately, I fear this thread is going to be pretty short lived unless we start talking about sushi again. And it’s a shame because rarely do I find a thread that is absolutely made for me. You need to add something really contentious to keep it going.

Sorekara koko de kanji de utenai no ha mendoukusai yo ne. Kanji mo yomeru?[/quote]

Dasai

Kanji ima choto yomeru desu. America ni kite mo hachinen gurai de ima choto wasu reta! Demo Katakana to Hiragana yomeru yo.

Pimpbot Arigato Gozaimasu! Boku no namea Isuru desu.

For English Speakers-
I pretty much forgot how to read “Kanji” since i been in the states for 8 years now but i can read Hiragana and Katakana.

And thanks Pimpbot for the welcome. My name is Isuru.

Cortes do you prefer Tuna or Salmon? haha

I would agree with Cortes that Japanese is extremely difficult to master. However, it is possible to become quite good at it.

Honestly speaking though, I don’t WANT to master native level conversation. When you see a foreigner on TV doing the whole overly-emotive “EEEEEHH!! Maji de?!” thing, it sounds kinda stupid IMHO.

Same as mastering the typical " tough male" Japanese. “Taberu NAAAAAA! Te me bukorose!! Fuzakenayoooo!!”. No thanks.

[quote]

I understood that! You pervert![/quote]

Sorry. I’ve got a thing for those 12 Tentacled Manga half-cyborg rape machines. Gomen ne!

[quote]isuru wrote:

Cortes do you prefer Tuna or Salmon? haha[/quote]

Yes :slight_smile:

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
I would agree with Cortes that Japanese is extremely difficult to master. However, it is possible to become quite good at it.

Honestly speaking though, I don’t WANT to master native level conversation. When you see a foreigner on TV doing the whole overly-emotive “EEEEEHH!! Maji de?!” thing, it sounds kinda stupid IMHO.

Same as mastering the typical " tough male" Japanese. “Taberu NAAAAAA! Te me bukorose!! Fuzakenayoooo!!”. No thanks.

[/quote]

Absolutely, positively, agreed on all points.

Being here more than a few years really tunes you in to certain aspects of the culture like that. I do a little bit of television here (commercials), and I always think that I would never “break in” to real tv here because I just could not act so (what I consider) fake as the Japanese are willing to do. It is usually so over the top that I don’t see how anyone takes it seriously.

if any of you have the chace look up Kureyon Shinchan on youtube.

When i lived in Japan, the main character of this show a little kindergardner takes of his pants and swing his dick in a circle screaming “Elephant Elephant…”… haha.

Renton- it is okay. I cannot speak English right anyway. ha
Andyyboy- If you need help in Japanese I can try to help.

Hangerboy- Boku genki desu. Anata Nihongo shabereru?

Junen mae nihon ni ryugaku (nihongaku shushi no tame ni) shite ite ke do, kyo made wa kekko heta ni natta: kyo Cornflakes package no ura yomenai ;-), kanji mo yomenai. Renshu no kikai wa nai. Zannen.

Makkun

PS: Oh, and sorry for not complying with Hepburn for transcribing - it just looked too weird. :wink:

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
watashi no namae wa hangerbaby desu?

[/quote]

It’s “watashi wa enter name here desu”.
Unless i’m wrong…which i probably am. My version is the shorter one i think.

I am learning japanese at my own pace. Hoping to impress Shihan Kenji Midori next time i meet him lol :stuck_out_tongue:

“Hajimemashite”
“o genki desu ka?”

It will still be another year before i start :frowning: Postponed it one year, i had one to many languages to take care of already :smiley: