T Nation

Japanese Restaurants

Compared to fast food and other restaurants, how bad is it?

Here’s what my lunch was:

Hibachi Steak
zucchini and Onions
NO RICE!!

I didn’t put any white sauce or anything on it.

I’ll wait for the replies.

bad??? there is no comparison between a mac donald and a salmon and tuna roll.

You had steak and vegetables for a meal. How is that bad?

[quote]CJK wrote:
You had steak and vegetables for a meal. How is that bad?[/quote]

Chinese Food=Bad
Japanese Food=??

I wasn’t sure if there’s some hidden danger in Japanese food. That’s why I went to the source. T-Nation.

You’re fine.

Don’t over-analyze so much, you did better than 90% of the population would choose in terms of a healthy option.

[quote]Oquendog wrote:
You’re fine.

Don’t over-analyze so much, you did better than 90% of the population would choose in terms of a healthy option.[/quote]

Good.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
CJK wrote:

Chinese Food=Bad
Japanese Food=??

I wasn’t sure if there’s some hidden danger in Japanese food. That’s why I went to the source. T-Nation.[/quote]

I eat at chinese food places and japanese places all the time

its not that general its what you get

I like to have sashimi and steak
and beef brocolli at chinese places

you are fine tastes damn good to didnt it.

Whats wrong with sushi? I pound 3 rolls post workout when I have access to sushi. Same with chinese food like Nicha said. Just stay away from anything fried, tempura, egg rolls, etc. My two pennies.

The one problem I see would be the cooking oil they use. And from the habachis I’ve been too, they do use alot.

Wtf you went out to eat, your piece of shit you’ll never make gains that way. How do you expect to hang with the hardcore on this site if your going out to eat?!?!

Joking of course, really you got worried over one meal?

[quote]cgeezy wrote:
The one problem I see would be the cooking oil they use. And from the habachis I’ve been too, they do use alot.[/quote]

Agreed, I’ve seen a few use what appeared to be large chunks of either lard or butter to sauté the vegetables

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Whats wrong with sushi? I pound 3 rolls post workout when I have access to sushi. Same with chinese food like Nicha said. Just stay away from anything fried, tempura, egg rolls, etc. My two pennies. [/quote]

I am so luck in this respect.
when I havet he money anyways I work out and walk a 1/4 mile to the sushi place right cross the street while drinking my isopure lol

first time I went I asked for 2 tuna rolls and 2 cali rolls and the guy was like
umm you do know thats like 5 peices a roll.
asked him do I look like I cant finish it? lol
since then I walk in and they bring it right to me without asking

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
CJK wrote:

Chinese Food=Bad
Japanese Food=??

I wasn’t sure if there’s some hidden danger in Japanese food. That’s why I went to the source. T-Nation.[/quote]

Chinese Food=Bad cuz they bread and fry every thing… Add in 1 metric ton of Salt and vola… American Chinese food.

Reason I asked:

I’m cutting and I wouldn’t be home in time to cook. Plus I wanted food that had taste to it.

Yeah, how they cook it worries me.

Keep in mind that restaurant’s don’t give a fuck about your health, they just care about taste and making money. A lot of your food can be lathered in butter, horrible oils sauces ext. The only way to know that you are eating healthy is if you do it yourself.

Of course its not the end of the world if you eat out once in a while.

I hope to hell when i’m on my death bed , I won’t be thinking to myself, " DAMN…if only I didn’t have that sushi I’d be so much more CUT!!"

they drench everything in extremly salty sauces

Slop shop asian food = delicious, but really not good for desirable body composition

Proper Japanese/Chinese/Thai/Indonesian cuisine = sex for your mouth, and is fairly healthy. Some of the pork dishes can get a little crazy, and watch out for some of the sauces, though most of the hot sauce is fine.

Actual sushi seems perfect for anyone doing bulking. (Nigiri sushi, the kind where it’s a 1-2oz slice of fish on a small clump of rice)

Get about 8-10 pieces:

10oz fresh high quality fish (good oils, lots of protein)
A couple of cups of rice.

Pretty basic meal. No additives, fresh, and a decent amount of calories. about 600-700

I use Salmon & Avocado Sushi as my cheat meal 2x a month, it can’t be that bad for ya? Salmon is good, avocado is kinda good but high cholesterol, rice? not so good.