Jane Fonda's Slip up on American TV

If you’re wondering what I’m going on about, have a quick gander at this:

or

(comments are better on the second one).

I’m curious about this. I don’t find this word particularly offensive. Used in the context she used it in, it’s not offensive at all, and yet people are in uproar about it and asking for NBC to change it broadcasting policies.

I heard on the radio this morning that there was another shooting at an American high school, apparently the 4th this week. And people are in uproar about someone saying the name of a monologue in a play. Oddly enough the only comment I can think of is stupid cunts.

I don’t know what the big problem is. Yes, “cunt” (I will now be sought after by the FCC) is a derogatory word when used in a derogatory way, but if it’s the title of an act, scene, or section of a play (a work of art, no less), you cannot and should not be offended by its being uttered.

It wasn’t meant to harm anyone, it wasn’t meant to be offensive, they were just stating a section of a dramatic performance. And it’s not like children watch the show anyway…

C U Next Tuesday

I hope she gets hanged and shot. :slight_smile:

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
I hope she gets hanged and shot. :)[/quote]

I hope you can explain what she did to you to warrant such hatred.

[quote]lixy wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

I hope you can explain what she did to you to warrant such hatred.[/quote]

Ever see any of the crap she pull off during the Vietnam war. Posing in Hanoi in front of their missiles while US troops were being killed by them. Her way of protesting the war, she lost all my respect back then.

[quote]streamline wrote:
lixy wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

Ever see any of the crap she pull off during the Vietnam war. Posing in Hanoi in front of their missiles while US troops were being killed by them. Her way of protesting the war, she lost all my respect back then.[/quote]

No actually. I never saw her posing in front of “their” missiles.

Did Hanoi attack Washington or the other way around?

More to the point is why would someone hope “she gets hanged and shot” over pictures? Surely, you must believe in freedom of expression.

[quote]lixy wrote:
streamline wrote:
lixy wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

Ever see any of the crap she pull off during the Vietnam war. Posing in Hanoi in front of their missiles while US troops were being killed by them. Her way of protesting the war, she lost all my respect back then.

More to the point is why would someone hope “she gets hanged and shot” over pictures? Surely, you must believe in freedom of expression.[/quote]

Well I think North Vietnam attacked South Vietnam with the help of China that had just killed or was in the process go killing around 100 million people by trying to implement an inhumane economic political system, the exact same system they tried to implement in South Vietnam.

To think that the Americans were the bad guys in this war or that it was appropriate to pose in front of the guns of the aggressor who killed more Vietnamese than the US points to a certain bias.

[quote]orion wrote:
lixy wrote:
streamline wrote:
lixy wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

More to the point is why would someone hope “she gets hanged and shot” over pictures? Surely, you must believe in freedom of expression.

Well I think North Vietnam attacked South Vietnam with the help of China that had just killed or was in the process go killing around 100 million people by trying to implement an inhumane economic political system, the exact same system they tried to implement in South Vietnam.

To think that the Americans were the bad guys in this war or that it was appropriate to pose in front of the guns of the aggressor who killed more Vietnamese than the US points to a certain bias. [/quote]

Where did you see anything about “bad guys” or Jane’s pose being “appropriate”?

Oh Lixy … It has a lot more to do with the first hand accounts of her spitting on American POW’s and calling them baby killers during her tours of the N. Vietnamese camps. It’s classic example of irony in my opinion … I personally think she’s a p.o.s. HOWEVER (back to the original post) I don’t think she said anything bad nor does what she said (cunt) warrants any type of apology given the context. If she just walked out in front of the camera and started out with “Cunt you very much for inviting me here. I cunt wait to hold this dis-cunt-tion,” then yes the bitch should be kicked in the balls … but since she was referencing a performace I don’t see why an apology is warranted … she’s still a cunt herself, though.

[quote]lixy wrote:
orion wrote:
lixy wrote:
streamline wrote:
lixy wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

To think that the Americans were the bad guys in this war or that it was appropriate to pose in front of the guns of the aggressor who killed more Vietnamese than the US points to a certain bias.

Where did you see anything about “bad guys” or Jane’s pose being “appropriate”?[/quote]

Well, you wanted to know whether Hanoi attacked Washington or the other way around, the answer is both would be wrong.

Then you wanted to know where the hatred towards Jane Fonda came from. It comes from her putting a misguided ideology above all else, giving moral support to murderous scum and using her celebrity status to seriously misrepresent the situation in Vietnam.

I think her foolish carelessness explains a lot of the feelings towards her and it is a testament to American character and deep rooted believe in freedom of expression that some only fantasize about hanging her.

To accuse those hero’s of America who had just returned from years of unimaginable torture of being liars and hypocrites, in my opinion, is deserving of being hanged and shot.

[quote]lixy wrote:
streamline wrote:
lixy wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

More to the point is why would someone hope “she gets hanged and shot” over pictures? Surely, you must believe in freedom of expression.[/quote]

Let’s remember that most those American Soldiers were drafted, with the choice of fight or go to prison.

Jane Fonda could have protested 24/7/365 for all I cared, but to go to the soil of the enemy and protest is a total disrespect for the Mother’s, Father’s, Brother’s and Daughters of those how died fighting a war they never understood and that no one really seem to want to win. What she did was wrong plain and simple, she’s a self inflated bitch, and I’m not even American and at the time I was fourteen or fifteen and I’ve never watch one of her movies since.

Ha ha!

Hanoi Jane uses one of the only words that can accurately describe her and gets called out for it.

What a cunt.

[quote]streamline wrote:
Let’s remember that most those American Soldiers were drafted, with the choice of fight or go to prison.

Jane Fonda could have protested 24/7/365 for all I cared, but to go to the soil of the enemy and protest is a total disrespect for the Mother’s, Father’s, Brother’s and Daughters of those how died fighting a war they never understood and that no one really seem to want to win. What she did was wrong plain and simple, she’s a self inflated bitch, and I’m not even American and at the time I was fourteen or fifteen and I’ve never watch one of her movies since.[/quote]

Good post.

[quote]orion wrote:
lixy wrote:
orion wrote:
lixy wrote:
streamline wrote:
lixy wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

Where did you see anything about “bad guys” or Jane’s pose being “appropriate”?

Well, you wanted to know whether Hanoi attacked Washington or the other way around, the answer is both would be wrong.

Then you wanted to know where the hatred towards Jane Fonda came from. It comes from her putting a misguided ideology above all else, giving moral support to murderous scum and using her celebrity status to seriously misrepresent the situation in Vietnam.

I think her foolish carelessness explains a lot of the feelings towards her and it is a testament to American character and deep rooted believe in freedom of expression that some only fantasize about hanging her.
[/quote]

Right on the money orion.

I’d probably crack a smile if she actually got hanged… But don’t get those feelings confused with feelings of hatred.

I wouldn’t waste my energy hating such a wacked out liberal as herself.

I just wish she’d go spend the rest of her life with Hugo Chavez or someone similar.