Jan 2019– First Week— Virtual Powerlifting Meet

here’s the 605 deadlift. this was actually a chalk-less PR for me… lol. I honestly don’t remember the last time I performed a heavy deadlift without straps, and I don’t really have a reason to use chalk when I use straps. So I just forgot, realized after the lift. Glad to see my grip was no issue.

10 Likes

345 bench press here. Yes, I realize I didn’t really pause it. I would have done it again, with a pause, but my elbow sprain is really giving me issues, so it wasn’t worth another attempt. Sorry T-Nation. Since this clearly wasn’t a true max, hopefully you guys can let me slide on that.

6 Likes

This was actually the most painful of the lifts that I performed. As I’ve mentioned in my logs, I’ve barely squatted over the past 2 years because of patella tendinitis. It sucks. So this was not a PR, but I’m still happy with it. Only about 30 lbs off my all time best.

EDIT: this was 525 lbs.

6 Likes

Nice work @flipcollar and some great beard gainz too

2 Likes

Working on volume, so no 1RM attempts for me this week. Sorry all.

1 Like

Is ur beard a pr too?

2 Likes

it is! this is easily the longest it has ever been. Last time I shaved was 13 months ago.

2 Likes

Thought I’d be hitting singles in my program around now but turns out I’m not:/ Sorry folks, no total for me.

1 Like

Tested maxes tonight and am putting these up because I said I would take part in this. The numbers are not great compared to you strong guys on here but it’s important to me to follow through with what I say.
Squat attempts
120 x 1
130 x 1
140 x 1

Bench
100 x 1 (didn’t bother video this as I was sure 110 would go up)
110 x 0 fail just wouldn’t go up. This is a weight I have hit pressed for a double before but not tonight.
110 x 0 fail again

Deadlift
155 x 1
165 x 1 matched prev PR
175 x 0 got it about 2 inches off the floor and it stopped dead.

Squat

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsKti7MASQw

Bench fail

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsKtzB6AYJy

Deadlift

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsKt_8xg-d7

8 Likes

What’s with you guys and the complete inflexibility? Jeez, it’s not like I had 1rm’s on squat, deadlift or bench programmed.

3 Likes

Me either I just hit a single in training and used that…

Trying to stick to the program and trust the process. :blush:

1 Like

i know, i know, i’m just giving you shit. My coach wasn’t particularly pleased that I did this without telling him. He found out through instagram, lol.

3 Likes

Agree with this, just hit some singles and put them up. They can’t be more shit than mine

Meet lifts
Weight 280lbs

Squat— 355
Bench—245
Dead — 515

Total- 1115. 85 lbs short of my goal for 2018.

If I totaled my best lifts of 2018 I would still be short. I’m proud of those numbers though. For having lifted for 1.5 years I’m not feeling bad for a natural raw lifter.

6 Likes

lol I might as well just include the first rep of each set for this Virtual meet haha

3 Likes

not bad at all for such a short time in the gym. What are your goals for this year? 1200 total should come easily.

I want to hit a 3 plate bench. I’ve hit a 275.

Squat 495, DL 585

3 Likes

I like it! Those are some serious numbers.

1 Like

I@TriednTrue tagged me in this get me going again. It is very discouraging to have to keep starting over, yet… Here I am! Apparently I haven’t had enough soul crushing disappointment yet. Not where I wanted to be, or even where I was, but better than I was a few months ago, so I’ll take it!

Total was 445

And yes I know the form was not spectacular on this, but it DID go up. So I am counting it!

12 Likes