T Nation

Jan 2019– First Week— Virtual Powerlifting Meet

Give him a prize for being alive jeezus

2 Likes

If you weigh 600 and can walk onto the platform without spotters you get a medal.

5 Likes

I completely forgot about this lol. Guess I’ll throw something out this weekend. Dust off the cobwebs that have been accruing over my deadlifting. Haven’t pulled from the floor consistently in months.

2 Likes

Where’s everyone else’s total? I pulled 690x4 easy enough I had 5 (5lb all time rep pr) but thumb was slipping. and 750 for a single after but not comp quality so doesn’t count for this.

2 Likes

I’m broken.

Just for the sake of joining the discussion, I had a powerlifting meet at the end of November where I went: 568/347/678 @ 215lbs for a 444 Wilks (Total 1593lbs). I really need to learn how to bench…

4 Likes

We saw your videos and dropped out.

I wasn’t actually planning on taking part in this, I’m just observing and training for a meet in April. I’m not peaked to lift anything big so there is no point, but recent heavy lifts are a 500 SSB squat, 390 bench (paused), and 555x2 deadlift.

1 Like

meh, I don’t think this was about peaking. That’s what real meets are for, lol. I was anything but peaked to do this. I hadn’t done a barbell squat, flat bench press or deadlifted a barbell in months before putting together my total for this. Literally no preparation.

Anyway, I’ll put up the videos in just a bit. I ended up with a 1475 total. I have a sprained elbow, so bench was pretty rough. I left some lbs on the table there. I’m fine with the deadlift, I might have had more in me. The squat was a grinder, but I’m sure if I squatted for a few sessions to get ready, I could add 20-30 lbs. I’m way out of practice.

EDIT: Bodyweight was like 201 in the morning for these lifts. I did the squat and bench one night, finished with deadlift the next morning.

4 Likes

I guess I just don’t want to do something where I know I won’t do well, plus it would interfere with what I’m doing at the moment. I’m just watching from the sidelines.

2 Likes

here’s the 605 deadlift. this was actually a chalk-less PR for me… lol. I honestly don’t remember the last time I performed a heavy deadlift without straps, and I don’t really have a reason to use chalk when I use straps. So I just forgot, realized after the lift. Glad to see my grip was no issue.

10 Likes

345 bench press here. Yes, I realize I didn’t really pause it. I would have done it again, with a pause, but my elbow sprain is really giving me issues, so it wasn’t worth another attempt. Sorry T-Nation. Since this clearly wasn’t a true max, hopefully you guys can let me slide on that.

6 Likes

This was actually the most painful of the lifts that I performed. As I’ve mentioned in my logs, I’ve barely squatted over the past 2 years because of patella tendinitis. It sucks. So this was not a PR, but I’m still happy with it. Only about 30 lbs off my all time best.

EDIT: this was 525 lbs.

6 Likes

Nice work @flipcollar and some great beard gainz too

2 Likes

Working on volume, so no 1RM attempts for me this week. Sorry all.

1 Like

Is ur beard a pr too?

2 Likes

it is! this is easily the longest it has ever been. Last time I shaved was 13 months ago.

2 Likes

Thought I’d be hitting singles in my program around now but turns out I’m not:/ Sorry folks, no total for me.

1 Like

Tested maxes tonight and am putting these up because I said I would take part in this. The numbers are not great compared to you strong guys on here but it’s important to me to follow through with what I say.
Squat attempts
120 x 1
130 x 1
140 x 1

Bench
100 x 1 (didn’t bother video this as I was sure 110 would go up)
110 x 0 fail just wouldn’t go up. This is a weight I have hit pressed for a double before but not tonight.
110 x 0 fail again

Deadlift
155 x 1
165 x 1 matched prev PR
175 x 0 got it about 2 inches off the floor and it stopped dead.

Squat

Bench fail

Deadlift

8 Likes

What’s with you guys and the complete inflexibility? Jeez, it’s not like I had 1rm’s on squat, deadlift or bench programmed.

3 Likes

Me either I just hit a single in training and used that…