Jan. 20, 2009

Ah well, I was just checking to see if this forum was still engaging in the same conservative slant as usual and you guys didn’t disappoint.

I’ll check back in after the election

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
slimjim wrote:

Nice non-sequitar, come back when you’ve read up and have your informed comments to enlighten us with

Actually it isn’t a non-sequitur - it follows itself just fine. You made a comment that Bush is the “worst president ever”, and I responded that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Fairly straightforward.

[/quote]

Ok, I say you have no idea what hell you’re talking about.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
slimjim wrote:

Ah yes, the man who misspells ‘noble’ questions my intelligence and reasoning…nice bit of irony there.

I also enjoy the fact that the one part of my post that you guys zeroed in on is in regards to the economy, completely disregarding my contentions about our military endeavors and international relations, giving credence to the common stereotype that conservatives don’t give a shit about anything but their own coffers.

No, there is plenty to talk about - it’s just the “surging economy” comment was particularly stupid and thus, the low-hanging fruit of a bad post.

Which international endeavors should we cover - Iraq? Afghanistan? Should we include Bush’s support of AIDS relief in Africa? Or the humanitarian efforts in the wake of the tsunami, when our Navy was getting food into the bellies of the victims while the UN was forming subcommittees on international oversight for the preliminary response to considering tsunami relief?

On international relations - should we analyze how a number of European governments, including France…France shifted to a pro-America administration?

I made a comment here while back that the PWI was still seeking to fill the position of “Left of Center Poster With Some Reasonably Informed Positions” - that position has not been filled, and we are still taking applications, just FYI to the posters-at-large.[/quote]

Oh, Bush’s humanitarian efforts…was he on tour with Angelina and Brad?

[quote]slimjim wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
slimjim wrote:

Ah yes, the man who misspells ‘noble’ questions my intelligence and reasoning…nice bit of irony there.

I also enjoy the fact that the one part of my post that you guys zeroed in on is in regards to the economy, completely disregarding my contentions about our military endeavors and international relations, giving credence to the common stereotype that conservatives don’t give a shit about anything but their own coffers.

No, there is plenty to talk about - it’s just the “surging economy” comment was particularly stupid and thus, the low-hanging fruit of a bad post.

Which international endeavors should we cover - Iraq? Afghanistan? Should we include Bush’s support of AIDS relief in Africa? Or the humanitarian efforts in the wake of the tsunami, when our Navy was getting food into the bellies of the victims while the UN was forming subcommittees on international oversight for the preliminary response to considering tsunami relief?

On international relations - should we analyze how a number of European governments, including France…France shifted to a pro-America administration?

I made a comment here while back that the PWI was still seeking to fill the position of “Left of Center Poster With Some Reasonably Informed Positions” - that position has not been filled, and we are still taking applications, just FYI to the posters-at-large.

Oh, Bush’s humanitarian efforts…was he on tour with Angelina and Brad?[/quote]

Are you serious? The man has done more than any other president and likely more than any other world leader EVER.

Many would say he has spent too much of our money in thie field.

Worst president in history? Please. That’s William Henry Harrison. That guy didn’t do shit while in office.

Why is it that every time I watch American TV and someone bags Bush/supports Obama there is raging applause, but on this forum the opposite seems true?

Are all the left wingers in the USA in the David Letterman audience and all the right wingers on here?

[quote]Razorslim wrote:
I could never understand the liberals’ visceral hatred of George W. It is not enough to disagree with his policies, but they also carry a deep irrational emotional antipathy toward him.

George W. has always been a class act who rarely, if ever, uttered a harsh word about his political opponents. I for one am glad he was at the helm for the last 8 years[/quote]

Part of it started with Clinton. To tell the truth, the Republicans were a little over the top with Clinton. And that stemmed from how no matter what happened, or what Clinton said or did, it didn’t hurt him.

But the over the top reaction caused the Democrats to want revenge. And then the 2000 election happened. They saw a person get the majority vote, but still lose because of the electorate. The months of that crap just got under peoples skin.

The result was a vehement hate for this guy.

Then 911 happened, and because Bush did the right stuff at the right time, his popularity skyrocketed. (And believe my it could have gone so bad for him.) The Democrats found that he seemed untouchable. (Like Obama a few months ago.)

But when things started to fade with Iraq, they Dems saw their opportunity. If they destroy the war, they destroy Bush. And the propaganda started.

Bush has become the most evil person on the face of the Earth in the last few years. He is the anti-Christ, starting wars just so he can fill his pockets with cash, killing innocent children, secretly causing 911, torturing those sweet innocent Al-Quadians, destroying this economy, causing not only a recession, but the worst depression since the Dark Ages.

He may have even caused my foot fungus.

And now we just are not popular with the cool countries. (You know, the ones who smoke out back after the UN meetings?)

And as a result of all this propaganda, we actually have easily fooled morons who have never cracked open a history book actually think he is the worst president ever.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
So you guys aren’t going to celebrate I take it?[/quote]

why, when no mater what is done it cant fix these screw ups?

with the damage done I do not think one administration can fix this.
it will be a long time coming before we are back in good standings.

but hey,atleast the bush family dosent have to worry about anything money wise now do they?

[quote]Nich wrote:

but hey,atleast the bush family dosent have to worry about anything money wise now do they?
[/quote]

Yeah, they were so poor before.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Worst president in history? Please. That’s William Henry Harrison. That guy didn’t do shit while in office.[/quote]

I don’t know much about Harrison but the fact that he didn’t do shit would make him one of the best. I would put Coolidge and Harding in the same catagory. The ones that were most active, typically did the most harm.

Some of the worste for different reasons

1 FDR
2 Wilson
3 Hoover
4 Carter
5 Nixon

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Oh, Bush’s humanitarian efforts…was he on tour with Angelina and Brad?[/quote]

You are way over your head here. This isn’t GAL or SAM. We expect (most of the time)well thought out logical posts. Your posts so far are the equivilant of mental diarrhea.

[quote]The Mage wrote:
Razorslim wrote:
I could never understand the liberals’ visceral hatred of George W. It is not enough to disagree with his policies, but they also carry a deep irrational emotional antipathy toward him.

George W. has always been a class act who rarely, if ever, uttered a harsh word about his political opponents. I for one am glad he was at the helm for the last 8 years

Part of it started with Clinton. To tell the truth, the Republicans were a little over the top with Clinton. And that stemmed from how no matter what happened, or what Clinton said or did, it didn’t hurt him.

But the over the top reaction caused the Democrats to want revenge. And then the 2000 election happened. They saw a person get the majority vote, but still lose because of the electorate. The months of that crap just got under peoples skin.

Then 911 happened, and because Bush did the right stuff at the right time, his popularity skyrocketed. (And believe my it could have gone so bad for him.) The Democrats found that he seemed untouchable. (Like Obama a few months ago.)

But when things started to fade with Iraq, they Dems saw their opportunity. If they destroy the war, they destroy Bush. And the propaganda started.

Bush has become the most evil person on the face of the Earth in the last few years. He is the anti-Christ, starting wars just so he can fill his pockets with cash, killing innocent children, secretly causing 911, torturing those sweet innocent Al-Quadians, destroying this economy, causing not only a recession, but the worst depression since the Dark Ages.

And now we just are not popular with the cool countries. (You know, the ones who smoke out back after the UN meetings?)

And as a result of all this propaganda, we actually have easily fooled morons who have never cracked open a history book actually think he is the worst president ever.[/quote]

Good job Goebbels. You can make anything sound good huh?

Please. This was certainly one of the worst in history.

He lied and knived his way into one of the most unpopular wars in the history of America. He actually blamed the wrong country for 9/11, and either through complete ignorance or absolute dishonesty (and either is inexcusable) he involved America in the unprovoked attack on a soverign nation under the banner of “Pre-emption”. Coincidentally, this lets us start whatever war we want without losing the “moral high ground.”

Then he fucked up managing the war after his Mission Accomplished bullshit, and kept us there for what, six years now? His surge has NOT been successful, and America is blowing billions while our economy falls into shambles and the dollar is at it’s lowest point in years.

He endorses torture, has invaded the private rights of all Americans and demolished freedom with his remarkable Patriot Act, taken the teeth out of the EPA and replaced it with big business interests, and still is the first retard president to issue a tax break during a war. Yea, that worked out.

Yea, let’s put this piece of shit murdering asshole back in office for another four years, maybe he’ll nuke a few million Chinese next and gas prices will go down because there’s no one but Americans to consume it.

Disgusting. Yes, I hate that man, and I’ve said it before- I don’t wish death on anyone, but if he died, I wouldn’t mind. And I will be celebrating on Jan. 20, and hoping that America is never so stupid ever again.

Bush is a little punk-ass pussy who waved the flag during viet Nam but was not man enough to go over there. He failed at business ventures, had been bailed out by friends and daddy all his life, never accepted responsibility for anything (including his failures of the past 8 years), is a complete butcher of the English language, is a liar and flip-flopper of the highest order, promulgated fear among an already terrorized populace and capitalized on it in getting his way over and over again at the expense of the good of our nation with a needless war.
Damn right I’m celebrating when the asshole leaves office.

[quote]dhickey wrote:

1 FDR
2 Wilson
3 Hoover
4 Carter
5 Nixon [/quote]

I might put them in a different order (2, 1, 4, 3, 5), but yeah, that’s a pretty accurate list. And I agree: God protect us from the do-gooders and the busybodies.

Which is why George Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, Andrew Jackson, Tom Jefferson and Silent Cal have my votes for the 5 best, and Lincoln does not.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
slimjim wrote:
Oh, Bush’s humanitarian efforts…was he on tour with Angelina and Brad?

You are way over your head here. This isn’t GAL or SAM. We expect (most of the time)well thought out logical posts. Your posts so far are the equivilant of mental diarrhea.[/quote]

Start taking your own fucking advice.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

He lied and knived his way into one of the most unpopular wars in the history of America. [/quote]

I had this great image of George W. Bush running through in the House of Representatives, Ka-Bar fighting knife in hand, slashing and stabbing anyone who opposed his decision to invade Iraq…

…until I realized that you probably meant to say connived.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

He lied and knived his way into one of the most unpopular wars in the history of America.

I had this great image of George W. Bush running through in the House of Representatives, Ka-Bar fighting knife in hand, slashing and stabbing anyone who opposed his decision to invade Iraq…

…until I realized that you probably meant to say connived. [/quote]

Give me a break fucker it’s Sunday morning :wink:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
The Mage wrote:
Razorslim wrote:

George W. has always been a class act who rarely, if ever, uttered a harsh word about his political opponents. I for one am glad he was at the helm for the last 8 years

And as a result of all this propaganda, we actually have easily fooled morons who have never cracked open a history book actually think he is the worst president ever.

Good job Goebbels. You can make anything sound good huh?

Please. This was certainly one of the worst in history.

He lied and knived his way into one of the most unpopular wars in the history of America. He actually blamed the wrong country for 9/11, and either through complete ignorance or absolute dishonesty (and either is inexcusable) he involved America in the unprovoked attack on a soverign nation under the banner of “Pre-emption”. Coincidentally, this lets us start whatever war we want without losing the “moral high ground.”

Then he fucked up managing the war after his Mission Accomplished bullshit, and kept us there for what, six years now? His surge has NOT been successful, and America is blowing billions while our economy falls into shambles and the dollar is at it’s lowest point in years.

He endorses torture, has invaded the private rights of all Americans and demolished freedom with his remarkable Patriot Act, taken the teeth out of the EPA and replaced it with big business interests, and still is the first retard president to issue a tax break during a war. Yea, that worked out.

Yea, let’s put this piece of shit murdering asshole back in office for another four years, maybe he’ll nuke a few million Chinese next and gas prices will go down because there’s no one but Americans to consume it.

Disgusting. Yes, I hate that man, and I’ve said it before- I don’t wish death on anyone, but if he died, I wouldn’t mind. And I will be celebrating on Jan. 20, and hoping that America is never so stupid ever again.[/quote]

What do you suppose a Gore administration would have done post 9/11? What policies and actions would he have taken that are in direct oppostion to Bush’s policies that would have us in a better state than where you think we are today?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Bush is a little punk-ass pussy who waved the flag during viet Nam but was not man enough to go over there. He failed at business ventures, had been bailed out by friends and daddy all his life, never accepted responsibility for anything (including his failures of the past 8 years), is a complete butcher of the English language, is a liar and flip-flopper of the highest order, promulgated fear among an already terrorized populace and capitalized on it in getting his way over and over again at the expense of the good of our nation with a needless war.
Damn right I’m celebrating when the asshole leaves office. [/quote]

Libs never fail to deliver. Thanks for continuing to validate my post on page 1

[quote]Razorslim wrote:

What do you suppose a Gore administration would have done post 9/11? What policies and actions would he have taken that are in direct oppostion to Bush’s policies that would have us in a better state than where you think we are today?[/quote]

Do you really expect me to speak on the behalf of a politician on the hypothetical policies he might have had regarding two of the most complicated things in the world- foreign policy and economics?

Fuckin christ, get real.