Jamie Foxx as Harvey Dent?

Speculation is running wild concerning who will be cast in the role of Harvey Dent, now that filming on The Dark Knight is about to begin.

Three names have been mentioned as front-runners: Eion Bailey, who apparently impressed Christopher Nolan very much when he tested for the role of Bruce Wayne for BB; Edward Norton; and, Jamie Foxx.

Nolan is known for using actors that caught his eye while testing for other roles. This is how Cillian Murphy got the role of Scarecrow in BB, as he, like Bailey, originally tested for Bruce Wayne.

It would be cool to see Foxx play a bad guy and see if he could pull it off. Any Given Sunday is one of my all-time favorite movies, and while he played a prima donna, he wasn’t really a bad guy. This would really be a test of his range.

I may be wrong, but I didn’t think harvey dent’s role in this movie specifically was as a bad guy? Wouldn’t you say that’d be down the line? I thought he was an ally with bruce wayne in this movie.

They should use that guy from spawn and undisputed 2, Micheal Jai White.

[quote]cougarenegade wrote:
I may be wrong, but I didn’t think harvey dent’s role in this movie specifically was as a bad guy? Wouldn’t you say that’d be down the line? I thought he was an ally with bruce wayne in this movie.[/quote]

That would make sense, considering the same thing was done with the original 1989 Batman, where Dent was played by Billy Dee.

I guess I’m jumping the gun a little. What I should probably say is, “it would be cool to eventually see Foxx play a bad guy”.

[quote]meat1wad wrote:
They should use that guy from spawn and undisputed 2, Micheal Jai White.[/quote]

I was about to start a thread on Michael Jai White the other day, due to the hype surrounding Undisputed II right now, but never did because I got side-tracked. I almost picked the movie up at Best Buy last night; the trailer looks sick. Looks like a real throw-back to all of the 80’s and 90’s martial-arts/action movies that I loved so much.

The guy is a complete bad-ass.

I just want to say that, if done well, the new Batman franchise could easily be the best comic movie franchise. Yes, I liked Batman Begins that much.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I just want to say that, if done well, the new Batman franchise could easily be the best comic movie franchise. Yes, I liked Batman Begins that much.[/quote]

It’s by far my favorite comic-book movie. Ever. And it takes a lot for me to say something like that about a movie.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I just want to say that, if done well, the new Batman franchise could easily be the best comic movie franchise. Yes, I liked Batman Begins that much.[/quote]

Right on. I preferred the “Begins” version of Batman greatly over anything Burton did, and it has potential to be better than Spiderman, probably won’t make as much money though.

any chance christian bale drops the stupid voice change that occurs when he is batman, as opposed to bruce wayne?

[quote]meat1wad wrote:
They should use that guy from spawn and undisputed 2, Micheal Jai White.[/quote]

While you’re at it, cast a popsicle stick with googly eyes as batman, because that has just as much acting ability as that guy. seriously, come on people.

You mean Stick Stickly? I can’t believe he never got an award for his work on Nick in the Afternoon.

<3 Batman.