James Hoffa's CSPAN Interview

NAFTA Superhighway

It’s not a conspiracy theory.

It is a road. It is not a unified government with Canada and Mexico. Big deal.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
It is a road. [/quote]

So you have no problem with foreign governments buying up our land, building a road and charging(toll)for it’s use. I didn’t know America had a for sale sign on it’s shores.

[quote]Rocky101 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
It is a road.

So you have no problem with foreign governments buying up our land, building a road and charging(toll)for it’s use. I didn’t know America had a for sale sign on it’s shores.[/quote]

Are you joking? I would have a problem if we outlawed it.

If someone wants to invest in a road, let them. If you don’t want to use it, don’t.

This stuff always happens. It is older than our country.

The Mexican truck drivers in Mexican trucks will make deliveries on a road through our country owned by foreigners.

Are we turning into China, circa 1900 BCE, where countries have zones of influence and ‘concessions’?

As a silver lining, we could pull a Chavez and let someone develop our resources (land) and then confiscate it. If its good enough for a moral guy like Chavez, who only wants to fight the big evil Yankee empire…

Is private land being confiscated here?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
The Mexican truck drivers in Mexican trucks will make deliveries on a road through our country owned by foreigners.

Are we turning into China, circa 1900 BCE, where countries have zones of influence and ‘concessions’?

As a silver lining, we could pull a Chavez and let someone develop our resources (land) and then confiscate it. If its good enough for a moral guy like Chavez, who only wants to fight the big evil Yankee empire… [/quote]

Wait… so Mexican law is being applied to the land these roads occupy? Because that’d make you China comparison valid…