T Nation

James Brown Movie

Great tribute, or scumbags capitalizing on his death?

If it is to memorialize his greatness, would all of the people in the movie do it just for the cost of the movie, and donate all other proceeds?

What’s your thought.

Scumbags capitalizing on a scumbag’s death.

Why should Hollywood be singled out and expected to donate their time? I don’t understand that rationale in the original post.

How many people at Fox News donated their time when they covered Ronald Reagan’s funeral?

Did they start up the idea while James Brown was still alive? If that was the case, that’s number 3 (Ray Charles and Johnny Cash) and Stevie Wonder better run if he sees any movie executives coming his way. Oh, I forgot…I guess he’s fucked too.

I say typical of Hollywood; good, bad, or otherwise. People’d pay to see it like they did for Cash, Charles, even Tina Turner. Whatever.

[quote]Blood is Metal wrote:
I say typical of Hollywood; good, bad, or otherwise. People’d pay to see it like they did for Cash, Charles, even Tina Turner. Whatever.[/quote]

I caught “Walk the line” on HBO a few days ago and it is a damn good movie. Sparked a greater interest in Cash.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Blood is Metal wrote:
I say typical of Hollywood; good, bad, or otherwise. People’d pay to see it like they did for Cash, Charles, even Tina Turner. Whatever.

I caught “Walk the line” on HBO a few days ago and it is a damn good movie. Sparked a greater interest in Cash.[/quote]

Walk the Line was a very good movie. Just as impressive is the fact that Phoenix and Witherspoon did all their own singing. And most of it sounded pretty good.

The James Brown movie has been in talks for quit a while…

Make the movie. By the time it is out the news of his death would be old. I don’t think they are taking advantage of it anymore than they take advantage of anything else.

He made some great music and has an incredible life story.

“Get up!!” (get on up)
“Stay on the scene, like a sex machine.”