T Nation

Jail Bait

Sorry to dissapoint you. I’m not gonna discuss or post pictures of underage girls… pervs

Instead I have a question for those that have more experiance…

Anyway. I’m on first offender probation, for entering a vehicle… 3 charges.I’m from GA. I’m going to junior college and trying to get my associates degree in computer programming or business adminstration,before futhering my education. I was told that my record would be clean after my probation is over. But I am not sure if my arrest will still show up or not? Will I still get accepted?

Also am I fucked and wont be able to get a job in these careers because of my retarded mistake?

If so, what other choices do I have?

Help a guy out that has learned his lesson and is trying to make something of himself now. Thank you

entering a car??? Does that mean burglary of a vehicle? I enter my vehicle every day and dont get arrested.

Ok smartass. I broke into a car and stole.
smart alec

ban for misleading thread title

Yeah, you’ll probably still get ‘excepted’.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Yeah, you’ll probably still get ‘excepted’.[/quote]

oh really i was hoping to get accepted.

I don’t know about other countries but here in the UK we have the rehabilitation of offenders act that effectively says that once you have done your pennance in whatever way you should not be discriminated against for work/college placements etc.

It’s actually a lot more complex than that but you get the idea.

As such you should be ok if you were in the UK but in Georgia - who knows?

One thing to keep in mind though is transparancy. As an example, I interviewed a guy a few years ago for an IT position and he seemed perfect for the job, which was offered to him.

The company I worked for did a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check as they do for all new employees and it turned out he had been arrested for a violent crime (done his time though). He failed to mention it in the interview and the job offer was withdrawn.

[quote]alocubano1110 wrote:
If so, what other choices do I have?[/quote]

Repo man?

are they 3 separate events (dates) or 3 charges on the same date? Was there a petty theft or larceny charge attached?

[quote]pookie wrote:
alocubano1110 wrote:

Repo man?
[/quote]

I am so glad you are back.

[quote]pookie wrote:
alocubano1110 wrote:

Repo man?
[/quote]

Very clever.

jpb

Why did you need to steal a car? Did you think Grand Theft Auto was so kewl that you needed to try it in real life?

What were you thinking? I mean really…?

this thread is disapointing.

AngryVader wrote:

oh really i was hoping to get accepted.[/quote]

It’s bad form to go back and edit your original post after the mistake is pointed out.

Check with the court house as to what will show up on your record and what options you have (if any) to improve the appearance as well as what would be disclosed to schools/employers. it will depend on local laws.

Good luck getting back on track.

[quote]Geminspector wrote:
are they 3 separate events (dates) or 3 charges on the same date? Was there a petty theft or larceny charge attached?[/quote]

All happened in one night. none other charges attached. They were felony but I had a clean record before.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Why did you need to steal a car? Did you think Grand Theft Auto was so kewl that you needed to try it in real life?

What were you thinking? I mean really…?[/quote]

I didn’t try to steal a car. I went around opening car doors that were already opened and took anything worth taking. I had Just turned 19, people make mistakes… don’t tell me you haven’t

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
alocubano1110 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

It’s bad form to go back and edit your original post after the mistake is pointed out.[/quote]

It was just a typo. I fixed it so that other people wouldn’t make an asshole post like you did.

[quote]pookie wrote:
alocubano1110 wrote:

Repo man?
[/quote]

Wow man. I asked a serious question in this forum because I thought you “T-Men” would take some time to help me out. Obviously I was wrong.

AngryVader wrote:
alocubano1110 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

It’s bad form to go back and edit your original post after the mistake is pointed out.

It was just a typo. I fixed it so that other people wouldn’t make an asshole post like you did.

[/quote]

You used the wrong word. That’s not a typo and it’s not the only mistake you made. You haven’t gone back and fixed the rest of your post.

If you don’t think people aren’t going to notice stuff like that and point it out, then you apparently haven’t been paying much attention to these forums.

You first mistake was starting this misleading thread in the first place.