Jaded

This thread is awesome.

if this thread doesn’t pull this kid out of his “funk” I don’t know what will …

And the song that spawned like 15 genres…

[quote]LoRez wrote:
And the song that spawned like 15 genres…

This song reminds me of some J. Geils Band

J Geils… So many old people hate him for going pop

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

That post was ok… until the last bit of the last sentence that changed it all. You are a comic genius.[/quote]

I aim to please

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]MudFlap wrote:
Perspective can be a very healthy thing.

Look at the events just 100 years ago in Europe. Would you want to trade places with one of those guys in a front line trench?

Jump ahead a few years and put yourself in Europe or the South Pacific. Again, no picnic.

How about growing up today and living in Sub Sahara Africa?

Quick Question: Can you have happiness without gratitude ??

Again, perspective is a healthy thing.

mf

[/quote]

This.

When I was a couple of years older than you, I was pissed that my raise wasn’t commiserate with my effort. Then I went to visit a friend of mine, 22 who was dying of testicular cancer. Young kid, good guy, had a toddler, and was dying, quickly.

I went home, kissed my wife, my son and went to work the next day feeling pretty damn solid about my situation.

Anytime I start feeling sorry about myself or my life I like to look at the picture attached or watch a good war movie/documentary. (Vietnam in HD on Netflix is great.)[/quote]

That picture scares the shit out of me. I cannot imagine being a soldier about to face a bunch of machine guns nests seeing a bunch of your fellow soldiers dead in the water and the sea red with blood.

As for non sequiturs.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
And the song that spawned like 15 genres…[/quote]

Probably the best single track I’ve seen demonstrating its evolution. A bit tedious in spots.

[quote]The Winstons - Amen Brother
Mantronix - King Of The Beats
NWA - Straight Outta Compton
Eric B & Rakim - Casualties Of War
Renegade - Terrorist
DJ Zinc - Super Sharp Shooter (EP Version)
Aphex Twin’s - Girl/Boy Song
Peshay - Piano Tune
Cassius - I Love You So (Skream Remix)[/quote]

Some early 90’s jungle, sampling that same drum loop

My firewall at work blocks everything except texts so I cant see what is going on, but Im sure it is great. Ill just wait in the car until the party is over :frowning:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
My firewall at work blocks everything except texts so I cant see what is going on, but Im sure it is great. Ill just wait in the car until the party is over :([/quote]

I like you man… No idea why but I like you. :wink:

Because I am the DD tonight?

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
Maybe Ive been thinking more about this because my mom is getting worse with her MS (she is bed ridden with dementia), and my dad’s memory is starting to go too. I guess it feels stupid and meaningless to be stuck inside doing BS work, when there are real and much more serious problems that need solving. I have a hard time taking it seriously.
[/quote]

This reminds me of a thread you started a while back (correct me if I’m wrong) where you talked about the burden you had because of your aging, ailing parents. You seemed very selfish and entitled in that thread. Pretty much all other times you seem like a decent guy with a good head on your shoulders to me. But in that thread, it wasn’t a good look (again, correct me if I’m wrong, my apologies if I’m putting something someone else posted on you).

Just for clarification purposes, are you describing staying in your house and helping care for your ailing parents as stupid and meaningless BS work? or are you referring to your 9 to 5, or something else?

Do you still have the same view of the situation with your parents as you seemed to with that other thread? (assuming I’m remembering correctly)

I know I wouldn’t be doing good if my parents weren’t doing so well. Hell, they’re getting older and starting to have typical problems from age and I’m already getting pretty ancy about it on the inside.

Perhaps the root or at least a portion of the root of your current sentiments has to do with what’s going on with them? It’s even possible that it is and you aren’t even consciously aware of it.

The battle to find meaning in your every day life is a struggle I think most people are confronted with (aside from the people who aren’t even fortunate enough to have gainful employment and other first world problems, of which there are many in this world). A tiny percentage of people are lucky enough to have a fulfilling job that they love and get complete meaning from.

So, welcome to the club? We all live and learn and grow and continue to learn every day. If there’s anything I’ve learned it’s that life has highs and lows and if you’re at a low point right now, then one way to find silver lining is that you’re most likely around the corner from the next high. Whatever it may be. So if you keep trudging along, put your head down to get work done, while lifting it up to make sure you don’t miss any new opportunities, then you’ll start to feel better sooner or later. Most likely. Nothing’s set in stone, after all…

But I still think you should look more into the situation with your parents. That may carry more weight than you’re giving it credit for. My 2 cents for what it’s worth.