Jaded?

This morning I received a postcard in the mail
announcing that “Frank Sepe” was going to be
appearing at a local Vitamin Shoppe. My first thought was that this so-called “natural” champion is nothing more than a genetic freak, and basically has nothing of real value to offer; besides muscles don’t equal knowledge!

Funny thing, not too long ago I was asked to comment
about a popular fitness expert who wasn’t bestowed
with particularly good genetics, nor an overly
impressive physique. My first thought: “If this so-called expert knows so much, why does he not apply it to himself!” Question: I know I’m not the only one who thinks like this, but how did we ever become so “jaded?”

IMO the real experts are the ones who get big & strong naturally.

Frank Sepe is a former juicer man,… look at his photos now and compare with a couple years ago,… his ‘titles’ are from his steroid days,… and now that he’s got kind of a name, he goes natural, and gets a huge push from a shitty magazine in exchange for him penning a column. Buncha shit,… You can take roids for years, win tons or titles, anbd then stop, and call yourself an all natural champion also.

Stu, I guess you’re not gonna go see Frankie
either…eh?

of course I am,… I’m a huge fan!!!
He’s just so knowledgeable,…(I actually think he looks like shit now,… his parts obciously developed at different rates, and now that he’s clean, it doesnt fit together well)

(BWAHH-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!)

In the Spring of 2000, I drove down to a Musclemag store in So. Cal because they were having some promotional event to celebrate their grand opening. I went because I badly wanted to see Rachel Moore, and my best friend at that time had a thing for Stacey Lynn. Other models like Tylene Buck and Angel Teves were there, and lo and behold, Might Stu’s hero Frank Sepe was there too(just kidding Stu). Bob Kennedy was there also. He’s quite a charming fellow. His thick accent made me laugh though, so I had a hard time holding it in. OK, back to my story. Now I’ve read Frank Sepe’s column in Musclemag, and from my experience I thought he was a very bright and articulate person who knew a lot about training. It was as if he was a walking encyclopedia and could answer any of your questions on the matter of training and nutrition. After all, that’s what he did in his column (supposedly). Now during that time, there was a lot of talk about how leg extensions could be bad for your knees. My friend wanted to know why (the physiological aspect of it), so he asked Sepe and before he could finish his question, Sepe said “Leg extentions are my favorite for the knees. I warmup with at least 4 sets before I do my leg workout.” Not the answer my friend was looking for. When I was there, I was shocked. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I wanted to hear an answer that would sound like somthing coming from his column. That’s when I learned that bodybuilders aren’t what the magazines portray them to be. Then, six months later, I saw Ronnie Coleman on the Tonight Show telling Jay Leno how he eats pizza and burgers, and not anything healthy. So much for that clean dieting you hear bodybuilders talking about in the mags.