Jade Helm - US Military Operating Within the US

The Federal Government deems gun owners, veterans, constitutionalists, christians, and pretty much anyone who loves freedom as “dangerous” and “potential domestic terrorists”. Napolitano stands by controversial report - Washington Times There’s been an escalation in the militarization of police forces, government agencies (controlled by the Executive branch) stockpiling ammunition and supplies. Police brutality is on the rise. And now, the largest public military exercise EVER (Jade Helm 15) is taking place. Military and police training to combat civil disobedience.

The 8 week “exercise” is that they are declaring Texas and Utah as “hostile states” and are going to take them back militarily, with covert operations and intelligence gathering (i.e. SPYING on citizens and encouraging 1984 like behavior). Nine states are participating.

Not only are they using Special Operational Forces, but they are also using JPRA (Joint Personnel Recovery Agency). JPRA maintains a series of schools who’s specialties include: Prisoners of War, hostages and DETAINEES (emphasis added), evasion and escape, search and rescue, prison survival techniques, geography and cartography, natural science, ethnology and country studies, terrorism, military and naval science, natural and emergency medicine.

To the average person, the use of the term “detainee” would not raise an eyebrow, but to someone who is in tune with the connotations and denotations of military parlance, the term “detainee” holds a very specific meaning, to include incarceration of political prisoners (e.g. dissenters aka enemy combatants aka terrorists aka anyone the STATE points a finger at) with no due process.

Bottom line is the US military is being run through a HUGE game scenario where the battle is on US soil and the “enemy” is US…

Does this make anyone else a wee bit uncomfortable?

And just think in 2016 we will either put the party that gave us the Patriot Act back in power or the party that continued it and expanded it. Meanwhile we will continue to spend massive amounts of other people’s money on our military to protect us from all enemies including ourselves.

Military spending is like 5% of GDP…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Military spending is like 5% of GDP…[/quote]

What does it look like in comparison to other countries?

This says 20 percent of the U.S. budget was spent on it in 2011.

Like I said massive amounts of tax dollars. And some of it is going to war games against U.S. states apparently.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Like I said massive amounts of tax dollars. And some of it is going to war games against U.S. states apparently. [/quote]

Budget and GDP are not the same thing and why should I care what other countries are spending on their military?

Military spending can and should be looked at, but it is small potatoes compared to Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid while actually being authorized by the Constitution. .

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Like I said massive amounts of tax dollars. And some of it is going to war games against U.S. states apparently. [/quote]

Budget and GDP are not the same thing and why should I care what other countries are spending on their military?

Military spending can and should be looked at, but it is small potatoes compared to Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid while actually being authorized by the Constitution. . [/quote]

Bringing up other issues does not diminish from our bloated defense spending. Looking at other countries is important. Why exactly is continuing the trend of massively outspending other countries needed? And I’m sure the Republicans will run on INCREASING spending to the military like they always do.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
(controlled by the Executive branch)
[/quote]

thanks obamao

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Military spending can and should be looked at, but it is small potatoes compared to Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid while actually being authorized by the Constitution. . [/quote]

Bringing up other issues does not diminish from our bloated defense spending. Looking at other countries is important. Why exactly is continuing the trend of massively outspending other countries needed? And I’m sure the Republicans will run on INCREASING spending to the military like they always do. [/quote]

Because it’s logical to compare the defense spending of some shit hole country to the greatest military power the world has ever known. Totally logical.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Bringing up other issues does not diminish from our bloated defense spending.
[/quote]

Like I said, defense spending should be addressed after other much more important issues are addressed. Why is military spending always the first place we look to cut?

[quote]
Looking at other countries is important. [/quote]
Why?

[quote]
Why exactly is continuing the trend of massively outspending other countries needed? [/quote]

It secures U.S. military superiority for one.

[quote]
And I’m sure the Republicans will run on INCREASING spending to the military like they always do. [/quote]

I doubt it.

Military spending is already trending down from what I have read anyway.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
And I’m sure the Republicans will run on INCREASING spending to the military like they always do. [/quote]

I doubt it. [/quote]

Mitt Romney did. And most of the other Republican candidates will as well. In fact some of them already want to.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

Because it’s logical to compare the defense spending of some shit hole country to the greatest military power the world has ever known. Totally logical.
[/quote]

China, Russia, France, UK, etc are shit hole countries? Since when? We have already been MASSIVELY outspending these places for a long time. Explain to me what would happen if we only spent a little more than them instead of gobs more?

I mean I honestly don’t get it. The right has so many people who talk about inefficient government and government waste. Yet they IGNORE it when it comes to defense. Defense spending to many of these people is too low and apparently waste free.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
And I’m sure the Republicans will run on INCREASING spending to the military like they always do.

I doubt it. [/quote]

Mitt Romney did. And most of the other Republican candidates will as well. In fact some of them already want to.

Do Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio Think We Can Raise Defense Spending Even More Without Cutting Elsewhere? | National Review [/quote]

Well, I think the people voiced their disagreement with Romney pretty well, don’t you?

Neither Ted Cruz nor Marco Rubio have a shot in hell of winning, imo, but the information is noted.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
And I’m sure the Republicans will run on INCREASING spending to the military like they always do.

I doubt it. [/quote]

Do Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio Think We Can Raise Defense Spending Even More Without Cutting Elsewhere? | National Review [/quote]

Well, I think the people voiced their disagreement with Romney pretty well, don’t you?

Neither Ted Cruz nor Marco Rubio have a shot in hell of winning, imo, but the information is noted. [/quote]

Rand Paul is the only Republican candidate who has not talked of more defense spending and he is already backtracking to appease the “but if we spend a dime less on defense we will be so weak!” base.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

China, Russia, France, UK, etc are shit hole countries? Since when? We have already been MASSIVELY outspending these places for a long time. Explain to me what would happen if we only spent a little more than them instead of gobs more?

I mean I honestly don’t get it. The right has so many people who talk about inefficient government and government waste. Yet they IGNORE it when it comes to defense. Defense spending to many of these people is too low and apparently waste free. [/quote]

speak softly and carry a big stick. If that does not resonate with you, you’re hopeless.

[quote]H factor wrote:
I mean I honestly don’t get it. The right has so many people who talk about inefficient government and government waste. Yet they IGNORE it when it comes to defense. [/quote]

I know you weren’t addressing me; however, my take is that defense spending is one of the few legitimate areas where the government is authorized by the people to spend money. So, imo, they should.

How much is another matter altogether.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

I mean I honestly don’t get it. The right has so many people who talk about inefficient government and government waste. Yet they IGNORE it when it comes to defense. Defense spending to many of these people is too low and apparently waste free. [/quote]

speak softly and carry a big stick. If that does not resonate with you, you’re hopeless. [/quote]

Mind blowing rebuttal. Don’t waste our time with your personal attacks and inability to form an argument when you reply.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

I doubt it. [/quote]

Neither Ted Cruz nor Marco Rubio have a shot in hell of winning, imo, but the information is noted. [/quote]

Rand Paul is the only Republican candidate who has not talked of more defense spending and he is already backtracking to appease the “but if we spend a dime less on defense we will be so weak!” base. [/quote]

I think we both know what a candidate says to get elected and what a candidate actually does once elected are two different things.

Anyway, defense spending is set by Congress. I’d be more concerned with them on this issue.

Personally, I’d be much more concerned over social security, medicare, and medicaid. They will bankrupt us long before defense spending will.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
I mean I honestly don’t get it. The right has so many people who talk about inefficient government and government waste. Yet they IGNORE it when it comes to defense. [/quote]

I know you weren’t addressing me; however, my take is that defense spending is one of the few legitimate areas where the government is authorized by the people to spend money. So, imo, they should.

How much is another matter altogether.

[/quote]

I’m not against defense spending, I just honestly don’t get it. The right goes nuts over so many things the government does but gets this huge hard on over the military as if examining this area is something that can’t happen. And the idea that we need more money in this area is doubly mind blowing to me.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

speak softly and carry a big stick. If that does not resonate with you, you’re hopeless. [/quote]

Mind blowing rebuttal. Don’t waste our time with your personal attacks and inability to form an argument when you reply. [/quote]

You’re hopeless, Russia and China are already testing the waters to see how much they can get away with. But let’s cut our defense spending, that will work out well in 10-15 years…