The Breakfast Sandwich and Burrito Bulk - Jackolee

3/18
Woke at 166.2
That’s about what I was expecting after gaining back all the glycogen and water lost. I’m sure it will drop a little in the next few days now that I’ll be eating better.

I’ve adjusted my diet and will be following to more of a maintenance plan. If I start to drop weight again I’ll up the calories in carbs and fats slightly. I want to get it to a point where my weight stays steady for a week or two without fluctuation.

Macros are as follows:
Calories:
Protein 225
Carbs 250
Fats 65

Water intake will be 1-1.5 gallons

Meal 1
2/3 cup whites
1 whole egg
2 pieces turkey bacon
3/4 cup oats (dry measure)
2 tbsp reduced sugar ketchup on eggs
2 tbsp sugar free syrup in oats
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk in coffee
Coffee

Meal 2
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
4 strawberries cut
5 black berries
1/4 cup grape nuts
2 peanutbutter chocolate chip oatmeal balls
(This meal is amazing. Chop up the fruit real small, pit in the cottage cheese, grape nuts on top and then crumble the oatmeal peanut butter balls on it. Mix it all up and it’s awesome)

I used to include my cottage cheese in breakfast but I’m going to try a late morning meal and see how I like it.

Meal 3
6 oz sirloin steak
3 oz baked sweet potato cubes
3 oz baked red potato cubes
1 cup broccoli

Meal 4
6 oz spicy shredded chicken
6 oz brown rice
1 cup green beans

Meal 5
6 oz garlic lime shrimp
6 oz brown rice
1.5 cups mixed salad
1/4 cup chopped broccoli
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
1/4 cup chopped zucchini
4 tbsp fat free Italian dressing
1/4 avacado

Meal 6
I scoop whey
2 tbsp pb2
1/3 package sugar free cheesecake pudding mix
4 tbsp whipped topping
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Stevia
Blended with ice

On paper this looks about right to me. Hopefully I’ll be satisfied and have decent energy on this.

1 Like

It’s weird seeing you eating more food than me. That’s actually a lot of food, you get a lot of volume when you don’t do a lot of fat, I guess. It’s almost like I could learn something from that…

3 Likes

Yeah at 9 calories a gram fat really adds up fast. Only fat I really miss is cheese. But I ate enough cheese yesterday to hold me over for a while I think…

Great work, Jack! Looking forward to see what you do from here.

1 Like

Dude I’m loving this pig-out phase of your log. It doesn’t even look like you put on any fat. Muscles looking full

Enjoy that food

1 Like

So considering that you pigged out in your post show depleted state and gained about 20 lbs of water weight, AND still look stage ready, would you do anything different in the day before the show?

I mean, did you think your muscles were fuller after eating?

1 Like

Yes they are more full but I have way less definition in my core. I probably would have loaded maybe 100-200 grams more carbs but not much. I was pretty happy with the package I brought

1 Like

Oh I did! Still feeling a little bloated today but man it was a delicious day. I’m actually really enjoying the new meal plan I put together. Everything’s been really tasty so far and I haven’t been hungry. Hopefully it won’t take much adjusting to get it dialed in for maintenance. I’ll stick there for a while and then amp up calories for bulking.

2 Likes

That’s great man. Enjoying the food you are eating is such a big part of it

1 Like

Man I forgot what it feels like to lift on a full tank of gas! Awesome workout today!

3/19
Woke at 165.2
Some of the water weight from my splurge is coming off. Interesting to see where I land.

Chest and triceps with some lats and shoulder work as well

Superset 1
Chest cable press
Chest cable fly
Lateral raise

Superset 2
Incline cable press
Incline cable fly
Lateral raise

Superset 3
Narrow dumbbell chest press
Tricep rope pull down
Chin ups

Superset 4
Overhead tricep rope extension
Pushups
Chin ups

3 sets on all exercises… rep range in the 10-15 range. Went to failure as often as possible. All lateral raises and chin-ups were to failure.

1/2 scoop of karbolyn intra workout. Had awesome energy all the way through and a killer pump. So stoked to feel good again!

4 Likes

I’m wrestling with whether I should just cruise at maintenance for a while or go head first into my bulk.

I’m conflicted. I want to be lean super lean for summer and we have a few beach trips planned. I also want to put on some serious size by the end of the year.

Wish I could keep sun 10% bodyfat and grow at the same time but I don’t think that’s possible. What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?

1. Maintenance through summer, and then bulk in the fall.
  2. Start bulking now and continue through the end of the year.
  3. Relax at maintenance for a few more weeks and then bulk.

Whatcha think?

If I were in your shoes, I would relax a bit for a couple weeks to give yourself a break after the show. Then you could do a nice gradual bulk. The reason why I say this is because you are already “beach lean” (i.e. lean enough to be ripped on the beach). A psychological break might be helpful.

Then again, that’s just what I would do (with my own set of psychological quirks)

1 Like

I’m with muskrat. Coast at maintenance, get used to more food, and then ease into the bulk. You are so far past beach lean, if you do a slow bulk I doubt that you’re going to put on enough fat for anyone but your OCD self to notice.

1 Like

I have always felt like the dangerously low body fat levels that BBers achieve are more detrimental to the body than the gear they’re on, provided they’re not on some terrifying stack. As I said before, your body is hypersensitive to food! It’s like being on an all-natural cycle! Milk the food and heavy lifting for all it’s worth, and when that stalls out, then jump into whatever you want.

1 Like

I like option three because I’m not as optimistic as @flappinit. I would coast at maintenence to let your body adjust. You are sensitive in this state but I would fear that my body would store the extra calories as fat because it’s been deprived for so long.

But you’re also on TRT and could play with your hormones a bit to control that a bit better.

By the way, how did you feel increasing your anastrozole for the show?

3 Likes

Pretty much like dog shit! From past experience when my E2 crashes I get the following issues:

Joint pain. I always have some biceps tendinitis, but it gets way worse.

I get really moody and easily irritated. I’m aware of it and bite my tongue but feel like any little thing will set me off. I haven’t taken any since Friday and am starting to feel better.

I also didn’t take any test for two weeks leading up to the show. My trainer wanted to take away anything that might make me hold water.

I’m thinking of gradually increasing calories until May and then really start the bulk. I’ve been stockpiling test to blast a little during this bulk. Pretty sure my doc just plays along. He writes me 400mg weekly which in and of itself is a decent cycle. I only take between 200 and 250 and save up the rest for when I want to blast.

After thinking on it last night and this morning I’ve decided to go with an option four. I’m going to start the bulk now but gradually increase my calories to get accustomed to eating more. The last two days I’ve been at 2500 calories. Macros have been broken down to 225 protein, 250 carbs, and 65 fat. For the remainder of the week I’m going to increase to 300 carbs. I’ll see what the scale says and then possibly bump everything a little next week.

I’ve got enough test saved up for a 12-16 week blast as well and will be starting that soon along with a few other compounds. Hopefully this bulk will be a good one. I’ll be running TUDCA and NAC at 500 and 600 mg for liver support. As far as supplements go I’ll sticking to my normal ones b12, d3, fish oil, multivitamin, leucine, arginine, probiotic, digestive enzymes, and Metamucil. This go round I’m going to try creatine as well. I haven’t taken Creatine since college and will be interested to see how it works for me. From past experience I hit a hard wall in the upper 170s. I feel like I’ve put on some visible muscle this last year so I’m hoping the wall comes closer to the upper 180s this time.

Since I’ll be running some AAS I’m going to make sure to keep cardio in the mix for heart health. Probably will do 3 30 minute sessions per week.

On a different note, my wife who never really is wanting to cut weight asked me to do her nutrition to try to loose 10-15 lbs before summer. Obviously I love her regardless, but that made me really happy that she wants to improve. Now it’s time to walk that tight rope between encouraging/helping her and nagging. Sure hope she wants to work for it.

Today’s leg day! I’ll be hitting legs twice per week in attempts to grow these sticks. I missed leg day last week as I was too fatigued to even think about it. That probably means I’ll be super sore. Still… I’m excited to use my new machine.

Legs
Hack squat 3x10
Leg press 3x10
Calves 3 sets to failure. One toes in, toes9”out, toes neutral. 5 sec pause at top and bottom
Hamstring curls 5 x 10
Leg extension 5 x 10

Finisher
Alternating lunges 2 minutes
Leg extensions 2 minutes

Wish me luck.

Nutrition will be the same as yesterday except I’ll be doing turkey sausage instead of shrimp, and bumping oats to 1 cup and adding 1 cup of oats to meal 2 as well. That should bump me by about 50-60 grams.

Feeling really stoked about this change of pace!

5 Likes

Good luck with the plan mate. I’ll be following along and chiming in here and there where I think I can help. Going to be very interesting to see how you go with the weight gain.

1 Like

Thanks @simo74! Funny how changing things up can get you excited until you get into the daily grind of it. I’m sure when it comes time to cut I’ll be ready for that as well too.

Looks like your still making progress. How long until family comes to stay and you get to relax and drink beer with pops?

Not long at all now mate. They arrive on the 30th March. I am hoping I can get the weight down to 80kg or even 79 point something in the next 2 weeks.
I have 5 weeks when the arrive before I go on holiday and will run another training block for that time. I am hoping that if I can minimise the amount of bad food and keep it really clean at breakfast and lunch at work then I can actually still drop a little more weight over that 5 weeks.
When I get back from holiday I will re-assess where I am at and talk to the coach and decide what is next. It will be strength focused rather than bodybuilding but not sure how it will look yet.

1 Like