The Breakfast Sandwich and Burrito Bulk - Jackolee

Don’t forget to smile!

1 Like

I’d struggle on that part of it. I was always the clumsy crap dancer in school. My posing would be very robotic if I was to attempt it, ha. That’s handy you have the videos to memorize the routine, Probably a lot to take in so soon. Practice makes perfect they say.

1 Like

And I remember a pro mentioning in an interview that while the judges can see you, you can also see them and so when you don’t have their attention that is when you take a breath, get tight, and change position so they look at you again.

1 Like

I know I’d be terrible. I can’t even figure out how to get into one pose to take a cool picture. I try and I just end up deleting them.

It’s a different skill entirely to stay tight, breathe, transition, and don’t forget to smile!

It’s definitely something worth practicing.

1 Like

Hey Jack, this is a very inspiring log, you’re so dedicated and you look absolutely awesome.
Most logs, at least the ones I follow, have a strength focus, so I really enjoy your log.
I would be so terrible at the posing, I can flex my biceps and that’s about it, oh and it wouldn’t be very good.
Limelight will soon be turned on, can’t wait to see the pictures.

1 Like

Thanks brother. Ive noticed that the majority of them are strength focused. That’s interesting to me, but this has been a goal of mine since is started getting back in shape two years ago. Finally gonna make it happen. Thanks for following along!

I’ll upload the posing practice video later this evening. She says you literally only get like 10 seconds in front of the judges and she wants me in four poses. Lots of practice indeed!

1 Like

Hey Jack, in your most recent progress photo, you look “dry” as well as lean. Like very little subcutaneous water. Is this just because you’re really lean so you look dry below a certain body fat level, or is this because you are intentionally making yourself look dry. I’m just curious because I’ve heard of bodybuilders trying to dry out before a contest while increasing carbs to pump up their muscles (I think this is what they’re doing; I don’t know much about this so I might be getting it wrong)

1 Like

Here’s a snipet from my first session with my posing coach. Holy hell its hard to remember everything. Spent 15 minutes practicing this evening and am slowly getting better. It’s hard to do a lat spread without flexing your pecs!

3 Likes

I’m not sure exactly. There are some days where I feel more dry than others. I know for a fact they vascularity increases with heat. Veins pop if I just got out of the shower or just tanned. Also I take a med to control estrogen with my TRT. If your estrogen gets too low that can dry you out as well. I think it’s mostly the increased vascularity. I’m still researching that whole topic to be honest. There seems to be a lot of mid information out there

1 Like

My coach mentioned this as well. She also mentioned that when your on the side and they can see you, you want to keep looking at them and trying to make eye contact. They more they notice you the better

I’m the clumsy dancer as well. Coach sent the video to Branch and he said “you need to teach that boy how to move”

1 Like

Superb Jacko, you are inspiring a lot of people with your dedication. Its very impressive and also educational. Your log and Serge A Storms log are great reads for me. Thanks for sharing it man.

1 Like

Thanks for following along brother! Believe me it’s a learning process for me too. There’s a lot to wrap your brain around!

2/26
Woke up at 164.8
I was expecting a rebound after getting back on schedule. Also I ran out of pb2 so put regular peanut butter in my evening shake so probably added 300 calories or so. Gotta make sure to pick more up today. Also ran out of D3 today. Seems like this lifestyle has you bleeding cash constantly lol.

Back and biceps
6 sets of chins to failure
Wide grip lat pulls 3 sets
High v pulls 3 sets
V cable rows 3 sets
Low v cable rows 3 sets
Bent over rows 3 sets
Laying lay pull overs

Wide grin ez bar curls 3 sets
Narrow grip ez bar curls 3 sets
Alternating dumbbell curls 3 sets
Standing isolation curls 3 sets
Cross body hammer curls 3 sets

Cardio - 30 minutes recumbent bike THR 130

Target Macros
P275
C150
F35

Went high on fat yesterday with the peanut butter.

2 Likes

Seeing photos of you and other bodybuilding types really makes me want to get shredded. Looking great.

Reading the logs of what you have to go through in order to get there, though, has the complete opposite effect!

2 Likes

Haha! Yeah it can be a bit of torture, but I try to live by the mantra, “there can be no luxury without discipline”. When you have tour cheats they’re sooooo much more enjoyable! Although when you’ve been rigidly structured for a long time it can be easy to get a little excessive with a cheat meal!

Started supplementing Boron per @physioLojik’s thread and the one I chose… (had the best reviews in my opinion) was a liquid and… holy hell it tastes terrible. Sort of what you’d think catcpiss miggt taste like lol. Bad tastes are a funny thing. Your brain is so adaptable and what is intolerable after a few weeks becomes not so bad. Hey it’s only 1.25ml so I’ll choke it down

A little hiccup got thrown into the schedule this weekend. My daughter, who works at our gym’ was helping reset after the competition had one of the uprights for the uneven bars fall while bolting it into the floor. It hit her square in the head and knocked her face into the vault table. Poor kid has a pretty good concussion and a black eye. Doc said no screens/electronics, to rest, and then to come in today for a re-evaluation. Hoping that it’s not one of those recoveries that takes months. It’s crazy how seriously they treat concussions nowadays. When I can an athlete I had multiple and they were just like, “well your gonna have a headache for a while. As long as you can remember your birthday and aren’t uncontrollably puking you should be ok.

Hate to see her all jacked up like this. Going on two days out of school. She’s the super smart kids in all the AP classes and is already dreading getting behind.

1 Like

How long do your training sessions last? That looks like a lot of work.

1 Like